“As usual, a nice mussels restaurant, with fast service.”

Restaurant Leon De Bruxelles Amiens - Glisy
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Glisy
Price range: US$23 - US$26
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chez Léon, les moules fraiches c'est 365 jours par an ! En cocotte, en papillote, à la plancha ou gratinées, les moules sont cuisinées en restaurant avec des produits frais. Des recettes pour tous les goûts et des frites fraîches pour les accompagner. Rendez-vous en restaurant !
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We often had lunch or dinner at one of the Léon de Bruxelles, this time it was just opposite the Campanille hotel where we stayed, so we at 6:30 pm went there for dinner.
Unlike what others wrote, the service was friendly and fast, although our french is very, very limited. We had a good meal, mussels a la plancha with added sea food, and moule marinières - basic mussels with white wine - and were satisfied as always. Recommended.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We dined here twice as staying nearby. This is known for its mussels and I had different mussel dishes and I could never complain. The Moules Mariniere was full of tasty mussels and soaking bread in the sauce topped it off. I also had on the other night the Moules Escargot Gratinee which is essentially a mornay using snail butter. Other half tried the other foods with a Beef and Ale Stew one night and the Fish and Chips the other. Desserts reasonably standard. Good wine selection. Staff very good even with limited French and English happening

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We are travelling home to England after 2 weeks in the vendee and stopped off here for the night, we were so tired after the drive today so opted for this place as it is within walking distance of the hotel. My husband had mussels in Roquefort sauce which he said was excellent, I unfortunately, am not able to eat mussels (as someone here said in a previous review this is the bubba gump shrimp version of moules) however I opted for the beef carbonnade and cherry beer which was very good. The waiting staff are very attentive and pleasant. When my husband's mussels arrived they had put mushroom sauce on, immediately she whipped them away and brought a fresh meal, we waited a little time but it didn't spoil the meal. Pineapple (a whole one) and waffle for dessert- I'm absolutely stuffed!!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Among a field of big stores and cheap hotels, it keeps its own qualities well. I went for the le boucher mussels, small and in season and indeed especially tasty. Ample moules, but could have done with more fries, even though they were somewhat brittle.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

very good, even if you don't eat mussels. clean and tidy restaurant. good opening hours - virtually all day saturday and sunday

Review collected in partnership with Leon de Bruxelles