“Clean and comfortable budget accommodation”

Premiere Classe Amiens - Glisy
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Glisy
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable budget accommodation”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I booked this hotel as it was the last one available in the Amiens/Villers-Bretonneux area (I was there for ANZAC Day). One of the Dawn Service shuttles (the Longueau one) left from right outside the hotel which was very convenient.
The location isn't great if you're after night life as it is located in an industrial type area and is a 6.5 km walk/€15 taxi into Amiens. It is an easy walk though and there is a bus (L3) which passes the main railway station in Amiens and stops near the hotel.
There is a shopping centre with a McDonalds attached about half a km in the other direction which is also an easy walk (walk out the front, turn right, through the roundabout and down the other side).
I was only there for two nights and it was clean and comfortable which is what I was after. The mattress was hard which is just how I like it (wouldn't be nice for soft-bed people though) and there were clean towels. Staff speak enough English and were helpful. Restaurants onsite were also clean and well priced with good meals.
My only complaint, if I had to make one, was that the room was quite stuffy. I don't think it had been aired out in quite some time. This didn't bother me too much as I was happy to have the window open and on returning from dawn service spent a few hours lying on the bed, reading my book with the front door wide open.

If you're flexible with how you get around and don't expect everything on your doorstep but like budget, clean accommodation then I would recommend this hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Threemules
premclasseglisy, Responsable réception at Premiere Classe Amiens - Glisy, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
After your stay at the HOTEL PREMIERE CLASSE AMIENS/GLISY,
All our staff, thanks you for your visit for ANZAC DAY.

We are always at your disposal to improve our hosting service ans hosting your comments support us to improve our services.

We hope to welcome you in April 2014 for ANZAC DAY

SINCERY

Team Reception

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hattem
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Everywhere in France the Hotels Premiere Classe have exactly the same small rooms and plastic bathroom: cheap, functional and always very clean. The Premiere Classe in Glisy has the advantage that it is quiet at night, there is enough parking space, rooms have recently been redecorated and for dinner you get 10% discount at the nearby Hôtel Campanile or Léon de Bruxelles (walking distance). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel can be difficult to find when you type "Rue de la ville idéale" in your GPS; it might work better with "Rue des Indes noires".

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MargrietH
Petach Tikva, Israel
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here one night en route from Paris. I chose the hotel because it was just off the highway, assuming it would be easy to find at night, and because it was reasonably priced. The hotel is located on a dead-end street off one of the main roads leading into Amiens and the none of our GPS (we had 2) could properly locate it. We had 2 rooms, one a triple and the other a double. The triple consisted of a queen sized bed with the third bed over our heads. The rooms were very clean and well maintained, there was air conditioning and the sound proofing was excellant. The rooms surronding us were fill with teenagers and we didn't hear a thing. The bathroom was about the size of that on an airplane with the addition of a 1 meter squared shower. Water pressure was excellant and lots of hot water. The mattress was good. Compared to other hotel rooms in France, this was overpriced for what we got.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage, get a ground floor - no elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Alizapedsem
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

There is nowhere on the website that the third bed is a bunk bed. You can get a better price for a room with a bunk bed. There is nowhere on hotel website what time is the check in.
Room clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Yes, the rooms here ARE small but when you're travelling on a budget, you don't need huge rooms. You need a clean, comfortable bed and a functional toilet and shower and that's exactly what you get.
The bathroom is probably the smallest in the world but everything works well. Large people might struggle in the shower though...
At just €46 per night, it is cheap'ish although the €4 breakfast for cereal and croissant seems a little expensive so we decided against it.
Free wi-fi (although n the slow side but otherwise fine) and a lovely little garden room to sit and relax.
Friendly helpful staff.

I'd definitely book again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with double bed. My brother stayed next door and he had a single bunk bed over hi...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Wobblything
West Midlands
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I spent two nights here with three friends, as it was very near Amiens. We had pre-booked,on the internet, two twin-bedded rooms (one of the beds is over a double, similar to an ETAP hotel). When we arrived we were given one twin room and one double. When we asked to change the latter, we were given a room which had obviously just been vacated - there were bedclothes strewn across the double bed, the light was still on in the shower-room, and the bedroom stank of cigarette smoke. We rejected this room and were then given a clean twin bedded room.

I fully accept that you get what you pay for, but the rooms in this hotel are a health & safety nightmare which would never be permitted in the UK. The flat screen TV's project over what walking space there is, and one of my friends managed to walk into it but fortunately no major injury. Another friend was not so lucky, he caught his head on the metal edge of the overhead bed, causing a gash in his forehead and some bleeding. Getting in and out of the double bed requires you to be careful you don't bump your head on the underside of the top bed. In fact you have to concentrate, to make sure you don't bump into anything. Not very relaxing! I might add that both the people who had the mishaps were 100% sober! Our room was on the first floor. The carpet in the corridor was in two pieces. One edge of one of these was curled up, just waiting to trip someone up and potentially cause a nasty injury. All the bedroom doors opened out onto open corridors. Although these were very well lit, it did not feel very secure.

On the credit side, the receptionist was very friendly. We did not bother with breakfast as we felt it was overpriced at 4 euros for what appeared to be just a bowl of cereal. I don't know whether other hotels in the chain are like this one, but I don't intend to find out. I was sent a survey email by the hotel group, but this was a waste of time as any comments were limited to 400 characters so here was very little I could say. Unfortunately I couldn't find a local ETAP but I have stayed in many of these in France, Belgium & the UK. Prices are comparable and the rooms & showers are small, but the lay-out is better and you are far less likely to bump into things.

Room Tip: All the seems much of a muchness (we saw 4).
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glisy
Campanile Amiens Glisy
Hotel Quick Palace Amiens
Hotel Inn Design Resto Novo Amiens
Novotel Amiens Pole Jules Verne
Campanile Amiens Centre Gare
Hotel balladins Amiens/Longueau

Been to Premiere Classe Amiens - Glisy? Share your experiences!