“Some of the best fish I've ever had”
Review of Curo Siwo

Curo Siwo
Ranked #36 of 40 Restaurants in Afitos
Cuisines: Greek
California
“Some of the best fish I've ever had”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

First I must address what the gentleman below said about the waiter and a possible scam. I ate at Curo Siwo several times over just a few days and I must say that the waiters all seemed very decent people, very accommodating, and overall very nice. I sure hope the situation with the bill was more of a misunderstanding than a deliberate attempt to deceive. In any case, it's always a good idea to look at your bill, even more for mistakes rather than attempts to steal.

Ok, about the food. I have to tell you that the grilled fish at Curo Siwo is among the best I've ever had. Simply put, it was incredible! Also ordered the Cretan salad, also among the best salads I've ever had. The waiters recommended the dorada (gilt head sea bream) and they were absolutely right. Very tender and cooked well and the dorada is a naturally greasy fish, but not too greasy. Incredibly flavorful. The grilled vegetables, served with a creamed feta cheese, was sublime. The man working the grill was truly skilled at his craft.

We were lucky because we showed up a couple days before the high season began and the weather was beautiful and the place not crowded. Curo Siwo has tables literally on the beach, built on a patio right on the sand. They also have seats inside the restaurant but get a table on the sand if you can. One waiter, a Greek, was a really nice bloke and we talked to him at length about Afitos and other parts of Greece. His service was very thoughtful. The other waiter was a Romanian gent, very nice guy, and he explained at length about the fish. We also mentioned that we would like to return the next day for a late breakfast/early lunch. He said they normally didn't have the fish delivered by then but he would make sure they had some waiting for us--and they did. We showed up a bit late for dinner one night and they only had one dorada left--he went to another restaurant to get one for us.

I ate at a couple other restaurants in Afitos and Curo Siwo was superior in all respects. Like a Greek waiter once told me--when in Greece, eat only the fish. And Curo Siwo is the place for it.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank ukaspar

Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Good Food ,Waiter tried to Rip me off !”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We had lunch at this superbly located resturant yesterday andthe food was very good , we were in a rush to get back to our hotel to connect with our lift back to the airport so i asked for our bill as soon as we had finished eating eventually the waiter (a small tubby guy ) brought us the bill but instead of putting it on the tabe he held it in his hand and said 35 euro please , i then asked to see the bill he then reluctantly gave mr the bill and it was25 Euro !!
I paid him the 25 and left without leaving a tip ,I would normally have left about 5Euro so well done to the little tubby waiter who thought he could pull a little scam ,
The resturant is located in the beach area in Afytos which is very nice but avoid this waiter or be sure to check your bill

• Visited September 2011