We were in Kassandra palace in September 2013, 2 adults with 1 infant. Our choice was because of the gardens surrounding the hotel. Here is our experience:
- Sound isolation is not very good, you can hear babies cry 3 rooms away. Also the cleaning maids were talking pretty loud until they were warned by some of the guests.
- Room size is OK, but the garden view is actually a parking lot view, the garden is between the hotel and the sea.
- Cleanness was pretty good, every day, but one day the maids took some medicine bottle from the cupboard, and claimed they didn't.
- There is access to free safe in the room.
- Beach is not sand as advertised. It is more a mix of pebbles and sand. The true sand is only in the water after 5-10 meters in. The rocks are not that sharp as many complain but you have to be careful. They tried making some clear access paths in the water, but it needs improvement.
- Sunbeds and umbrellas are NOT included in half board. Only all inclusive get them for free, we had to pay 7 euro per day.
- There is a beach bar with drinks and food (expensive).
- There is good choice for breakfast and dinner.
- Half board do not get drinks for free at dinner.
- We were asked to return some fruit we took from the restaurant even tho it was to process it for our 6 month old baby.
- Guests are mostly from Russia and Bulgaria, and if you are from eastern Europe they will speak to you on Russian rather than English.
- English is spoken by staff, but could be improved.
- Staff was pretty friendly and helpful, meeting most of our requests and also helping with the luggage.
- Parking lot for cars is free, but with full capacity it is not enough for all the cars.
Definitely not a 5 star, questionably a 4 star.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Kassandra Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kassandra Palace Kriopigi
- Kassandra Palace Hotel Kriopigi, Halkidiki