“Great 2 weeks”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Kriopigi
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Great 2 weeks”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Returned a week ago and had a fantastic time..... Our Room was spacious and cleaned every day clean bed linen every other day with clean towels every day... Food was ok much what you would expect for what we paid . Staff and owners very friendly and helpful.The hill down to the beach was fine but on the way back it was a killer so if your not good on your legs stay away from the beach...
Would I go back again " YES " we met some amazing folk who made the holiday what it was so many thanks to them if you are reading this ,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jane2116

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Just returned...

Views were lovely...
Rooms very basic, with not enough hot water...
Food was edible but not enough or variety... Good if you like pork and don't mind the chef helping himself when all eating outside...
Get your water from the shop at the top of the hill for 1Euro for 6 bottles, don't pay 1.50 Euro for 1 bottle from the hotel bar!!
Walking to the town up the hill is 10 or 15 mins depending on how fit you are.. Tip' running back down the hill is fun, but take a torch for late nights back...
Walking to the beach downhill is fine but further than suggested on here... Don't expect the puffer train to arrive to bring you back up though, we are still waiting for it to arrive....
The thompson rep is there from 5 till 8 in the evening with lots of useful information for you !!!!
, but not available on the day of your departure to tell you they forgot to order you a return coach to the airport and you have to get another coach rep to ring one for you, which will be there in a few minutes but arrives half an hour later...

Finally when you get to Thessoloniki Airport, please take a valium pill before you go to check in as you will need it.

I would just like to say it was all the better by meeting all our lovely wonderful new friends, who all made our stay much more bearable and such a laugh, You know who you are!

Room Tip: top floor over looking the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank blondespell2014
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend went away on our first holiday after finding a fantastic bargain with Thomson. I've never stayed in a hotel before, bare in mind this is my first holiday without my parents. As a family we always stay in villas.
So being my first holiday in a hotel, to a country I've never been to before, I was going with an open mind after reading what sound like horror stories on here.
The hotel, it's a really friendly place. The rooms are defiantly basic, but they serve their purpose well, for us purely to sleep in.
The breakfast was a simple selection, I personally like it. There's a large bowl of yoghurt, you can have with honey, or as my boyfriend preferred with Nutella. Cold meats & cheese, tomatoes and a selection of cereals. There's bread, and every morning a different egg served, such as boiled or scrambled, their tea was actually really good!
Dinner, I'm a seriously fussy person. I struggle to eat some of my parents dinners.. I did struggle! But, not all hope was lost.
Every night along with their main dishes they also serve soup and bread, the have a selection of salad, pasta, or rice, with a tomato sauce. So I was more than content with a meal like that.
My boyfriend said he really enjoyed the food, they serve a lot of pork, it was often cooked as a stew type dish, from what I saw the meat was very well cooked, the meat looked tender and most people cleared their plates! The Greek night is a barbecued selection of meat, with bread and salad, which I really enjoyed!
The cleaners popped in to our room everyday, cleaned the floors and made the beds.
The hotel was full of the most friendliest people I've ever met, being that I've never shared a pool on holiday I didn't once feel uncomfortable, I actually had way more fun!
The pool itself was perfectly fine, the sunbed's were often pinched early so get your bums down there and lay a towel. There's a pool bar that serves beverages & a lunchtime meal, I enjoyed all of the lunch meals I had.
A quick one to Troy & Diana if you happen to read this, Lorna and Harry miss you guys and we hope to see you there same time, next year ;)
The area.. The views are breath taking, our room was on the top floor, no.309, our balcony overlooked the pool, and the gorgeous sea setting, the green forests, and also a fantastic scene of the middle peninsula. We could also see the top of Mount Athos. If you can request any of these top floor rooms over looking the pool, and can manage allot of stairs. DO IT! Waking up and seeing the view was the cherry on top.
The closest beach was down the famous hill! Can I say, that hill can be a killer, me and my boyfriend walked down to the beach to watch the sunset on our first night, to then climb to the very top where the main town of Kiropigi is, take it slow and steady! The beach is most defiantly worth the walk, it's stunning! The sea was so still! The sand was a little grainy.. So wear flip flops! Me and my boyfriend fully recommend buying a 10€ snorkel set, and go swim for hours! There's plenty of fish to gaze at! There are number of sunbed's on the beach, we always used for free, although other couples said they had to pay to use them. This may have changed due to the fact we were out of season?
Kiropigi is the main town, a walk just up the hill.. It's got a number of small supermarkets, selling the basics, gifts and snacks.. There's plenty of bars, 2 bars opposite one another where our favs, the Casablanca, the Austria bar.
We want to really push our recommendation of the best restaurant I've personally been to in a long time, The Bistrot.
On our first night we were very warmly welcomed in with a glass of wine each, and a delicious Nutella and ice cream crepe.
We returned the following evening, and the evening after that, and on our last night! Every meal, we just loved. A 3 course meal for us was roughly 31€.. On our last evening we went to say bye to and thank the team for their outstanding hospitality, we was giving a free bottle of sparkling wine! The food is fabulous, ask for the best seats in the house. The view is beautiful! Every day we walked passed the restaurant they greeted us, reassured us if we need anything, any questions, anything, we could go to them. I cannot recommend these guys enough!
For those who like to get around, from what others said, do not do the excursions. We heard nothing but bad reviews, they are made to sound glorious, "the best day of your life".. We recommend you do some leg work and get talking to some of the owners of the bars, car loan companies, Kiropigi Travel and ask for recommendations on where and who to book with, book through those guys, not Thomson!
Defiantly for outgoing people find transport, we had a quad for 1 day and regret not having one for the whole week!
Defiantly head to the towns next door, Hanioti & Kalathea. Defiantly explore, we heard great things from other couples who had transport!
If you're in room 309, once it's dark, turn the balcony light on, put bug spray on so you don't get bitten, plonk yourself on the chair and around 10 minuets time you'll see plenty of moths and bugs, also a couple of Geckos!! They come from the room and eat the bugs!
We sat and watched for ages! But that's just us.. Ha!
Overall, the holiday had been great. People complaining have massively forgotten how much they've paid, making out they've paid for a 7 star holiday, and turned up at a 3 star! It's not a
Sensatori, it's exactly what you pay for and it's so worth the money!
I say go with an open mind and enjoy it. It's given me massive holiday blues writing this. Me and my boyfriend are planning a return, and our other adventures!

• Stayed May 2014
13 Thank lornandhal
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just returned from the Kassandra Bay Hotel,Kriopigi Halkidiki. I have to say what a wonderful time we had. Renarta and her staff are some of the nicest people one could wish to meet nothing was to much trouble.
The location was beautiful, quiet, pieceful and relaxing. Not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties due to being on quiet a steep hill and the number of steps in the grounds.
I cannot praise this hotel enough even when some guests thought a two star hotel should give a five star service.
The restaurant was spotlessly clean serving excellent food.
The cleanliness was apparent throughout the hotel.
I must congratulate Renarta and Alan for running such a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: East side rooms have best sea views, better the higher the floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Geoffrey C
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great week at the kassandra bay hotel in kryopigi in May this year.
It took just over an hour from the airport with Thomsons to the hotel .on arrival the family were there to greet us and helped with our suitcases to our rooms.
We had a ground floor room overlooking the gardens at the front, the room was very large,spotlessly clean and stayed cool during the evening as had the early morning sun. The rooms were cleaned and towels replaced every day !
All meals were good , we had two barbecues whilst there which were very tasty .
The bingo and quiz night were both great fun.
We did walk down to the local beach which was lovely and clean although the little bar wasn't open yet but there were sunbeds to hire. The walk back was pretty hard for me as I have a back problem but other people seemed to manage it okay. The local village at the top of the hill had supermarkets, chemist, gift shops, tavernas and car hire so worth the walk up there if you can manage it.
All in all a great holiday at a fantastic price through Thomsons. Would definitely recommend this great little hotel in beautiful halkidiki.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jane w
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Kassandra Bay, travelling with Thomson's with an amazing deal!
After reading some reviews here we didn't know what to expect. I don't normally write reviews but we had such a fantastic experience at this hotel I felt the need to write this.
We arrived at the hotel and the rooms were allocated very quickly and staff were on hand to help us carry our cases to our rooms. Our room wasn't huge but it was spotlessly clean. The bed was quite firm but that suited us and we had a great nights sleep every night.
We had lunch by the pool after we arrived and it was tasty and good value for money.
The pool and bar area look like the have been recently painted. The itself pool was beautifully clean.
We went half board and although you don't get a huge choice the food was amazing! I'm pretty fussy and I did initially think "Omg, what am I going to eat!" But I tried everything and I'm so glad I did. I'm craving the food since coming home!
The only down side I can this of is the hill! It is steep but not impossible if you are remotely fit! I must admit come back from the beach in the heat is a bit of a killer and we only did it once.We went from 19/5/14 to 26/5/14 and we found out from the start of June there is a bus to get you up and down that hill!
The buses run regularly from the village and the next town of Polychrono has a lovely beach with bar next to it that offer free sunbeds and wifi. And NO HILL!
All in all we had a really relaxing time, the staff at the hotel we so welcoming and gave us a great holiday, we definitely go back.
Two more things, we can definitely recommend The Akropolis restaurant on the main street in Kriopigi, their food is beautiful and great value for money. It's family run and they are so friendly.
Secondly we tried The Sandy Shore trip run by Thomson's amd it was awful! We were on the coach for 2 1/2 hours before we got to the boat because we picked up from about 10 othet hotels! The food on the boat was awful and the "beautiful sandy shore" they took us to was really NOT "beautiful"!!!! If you really do fancy it ask a lot of questions before. forking over the €49 each it costs!
The Kassandra Bay was a lovely little place and well worth it's 3 star rating if not more!

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank barty321
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic family run, faultless food/drinks/pool. Entertainment legendary. As were the guests, you no who you are.
Hired a car for 2 days, very easy to get around.
Brilliant weather along with the beaches.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple