“Just avoid it...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of XRHSTOS

XRHSTOS
Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Neos Marmaras
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.neosmarmaras.org/el/businesess/dining.html?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&catid=2&sobi2Id=12
Athens-Greece
“Just avoid it...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Guys, the food here is simply BAD! Don't go! I went there a few days ago and the best thing I ate was the....watermelon! All the rest really was not worth it! Just avoid it (if possible) and save your money and time!

1 Thank stargazer1964

• Greek first
  • Serbian first
Thessaloniki Region, Greece
“Been there many times, and would go there again...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I've been to Christos' place a lot of times (definitely 8-9) times, and never had any problem with the food. I was always very happy about, sometimes a little more sometimes a little less, but always happy. Obviously it's a touristic place, but Christos the owner is a friendly guy and tries his best, at least the way I've received it. Being there so many times, it means that I've tried many of the specialties they serve. Never tried any sort of big fresh fish, as I am actually from the area, and can get it from the boat a lot cheaper. But this is not actually a problem only at Christos' place, but a problem that goes with any place that serves you fresh fish in front of the water!

I am happy overall with the restaurant, and I would suggest it to friends to be honest.

• Visited August 2011
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Divine meal , beautiful location and 5* service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We found this restaurant by accident and are so, so glad we did. This was really Greek cuisine at its best. My husband and I shared a starter of fresh, grilled octopus salad, in an amazing fruity, olive oil and lemon dressing. The octopus was tender and bursting with flavour. For our main course, I opted for grilled black bream, a fish I wasn't familiar with but was delighted to find it was cooked to perfection. The service was excellent, served with a genuine, warm smile. The meal was the highlight of our weeks holiday and would definitely return if in the region again

• Visited May 2012
Milan, Italy
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

The location was beautiful; but actually was the only good thing in this restaurant. We ate fish plates. The shrimps were too flabby, they probably were not enough cooked. They served french fries as a side dish. The "fresh" squid was in fact not so fresh and the oil they used was terrible. The seabass filet was too dried and not really fresh. The feta cheese was also dried and not tasty. And now two words about the service. The waiters were maybe russian or albanese and they don't speak well greek or english. The overall impression was that this place is a touristic restaurant and the quality of the food was not so good.

2 Thank Vasssi
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Excellent home-made food, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is a very nice fish-tavern at the port of Neos Marmaras, in Sithonia, Halkidiki. We have visited it occasionally many times in the past, however this summer we visited it three consecutive days and we had the chance to test several dishes from its cousine.
(btw, we stayed at the nearby Porto Carras and we decided, instead of half-board, to spend the same money to eat at a tavern, which has been proved to be an excellent choice).
The tavern "Xrhstos" is a family tavern operated by the owner. They mainly serve fishes, fresh fishes from the local sea, at reasonable prices for a tavern. They also have cooked food (excellent "mousakas", "sarmadakia", "gemista" etc) cooked by Xrhstos' wife.
We were a family with two very young boys (3 and 5), so we are very interested in quality of the food and this tavern seems to be very good on this.

• Visited July 2011