“Bespoke Beauty!!!!”

Porto Carras - Meliton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Neos Marmaras
“Bespoke Beauty!!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I fell in love with a moment in time when the driver turned from Marmaras village to enter the Porto Carras Grand Resort, the picture was amazing, the sea tranquil with the breathtaking view of the entire resort. We feel blessed to have had the chance to spend a week at this magical place. We were overawed by the vineyards and the mythical experience with the wine tasting which one can see so much tenderness and love in this family orientated wine and olive grove planting. My husband and 4,5 yr old son and I spent endless hours in the sea water lagoons and I daily visited the thalassotherapy, whether it was to get a massage or detox treatment that helped me unwind and take in such beauty. My husband and son played soccer , sea sports, horse riding and spent quality time together. We took a stroll every evening at the marina which was rich in a nautical atmosphere bringing fond memories of Sydneys little marines and later sitting at the restaurants to indulge the glorious food in this fantastic marine setting. All the staff are helpful, with a smile that made our stay feel at home. Everyone was extremely generous and extremely polite. Congratulations to all , Porto Carras Grand Resort is by far an exceptional place to get away, relax, spend quality time with your loved ones. A place respected by the owners which is in perfect harmony with its beautiful landscape. We wish everyone here at the Grand Resort well and great health, we thank you for an amazing time. Dr P

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

5 star??? Maybe once a long time ago but certainly not now. The first room stankand was filthy, the next room had loose shower head which sprayed water everywhere when we showered and flooded the bathroom. The bed in both rooms were singles pushed together and hard as nails. When we complained no more rooms were available, certainly not ones that matched the description we that we booked In to have. They did put a layer of sponge over the mistress which I assume was supposed to make it better. It didn't! The food was the poorest I have eaten in Greece. They couldn't offer a decent tea or coffee. Everyone left towels on the chairs while they swam or went to have their outdoor lunch near the pool. Ours went missing while we had lunch. They wanted to charge us even though they might have collected them themselves the pool guy told us. Great scam!, WHERE is the service?? The grounds are the only thing going for this place. The view is beautiful but it takes more than view to have a relaxing time. Yes the winery makes great wine. The manager only gave us his attention as we were leaving to say he hoped we had a lovely stay ! Even though he was aware of our problems, as we were told to come back at a certain time and he would see us, only to find he didn't turn up and the person on reception now had no idea we needed to see him. They have 'no service' down to an art. Very poor. On top of everything the young lady at the desk who on our arrival said she would look after us and make sure we had a lovely stay, turned out to have a temper that she didn't mind showing you. She would raise her voice and not stop talking to listen to us. I am astounded that the hotel seems to think you should be grateful for staying there and not because you pay to stay there.
I can see review that report very different experiences, maybe this is because those on packages are looked after to spread the word about the packages. Still I don't understand this sort of management! I will not and do not recommend it to anyone. Don't pay for you room until you see what you are getting. Shame on you Porto corrals melting!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GinnyP1706
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Unique location, we loved the beach, pools, breakfast, great facilities. Food experience ...in marina restaurant with famous chef. We had a free family room upgrade with beautiful view of sea and marina(thanks Meliton Porto Carras)! My family spent great moments, your family will love it!

Room Tip: Family room with a sea view!!
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

The property was amazing, and worth every cent. The location was phenomenal! Authentic Greek landscape and magic sunset. The suite itself was excellent - a comfortable, well-kept with everything we needed. Lots of fresh vegetables and fruits, tasty Greek cheese and variety of desserts. The service was nice and the staff very friendly. We stayed a week and I wish we could stay more.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ross71290
Kazan, Russia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I just wanted to say that this year's visit to Meliton Porto Carras was worth every single penny. I am leaving tomorrow and I admit I will be taking back with me some great memories and stories to share with my friends and family in Kazan. Our times in the pool, on our gorgeous balcony, sitting at the bar chatting with the bartenders for hours, making friendships with the waiters, meeting the girls at the mini market on my way to breakfast, spending all my money at the jewellery shop (if you're a Pandora fan like me you'll surely understand) simply made my holiday a "dream come true".

I must say, although I have traveled to so many destinations in the past, I cannot remember meeting friendlier people than the Greeks. I DEFINITELY recommend Porto Carras to those of you who are searching for a resort to visit either with your family or friends (Trust me- you'll thank me later).

Have a great summer everyone.

See you at Porto Carras next year!

Room Tip: Pick Marina view!
Reviewed 11 August 2014

All the best we stayed in Meliton Hotel 20 days it was amazing. Perfect hotel with perfect stuff. fantastic rooms and suites with amasing view. The big + The Domaine Porto Carras wines. U must try Malagouzia & Magnus Baccata!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Aspassio
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I come here for many years and the first thing that i can say is that the resort is amazing!
Marine maybe one of the best, sea just fantastic, a lot of activities, huge resort with plenty of nature, casino nice.
But the hotels should be better in service and organisation.The personel isn't the best unfortunately maybe because the resort is huge but still i think that this is not the reason.
Still hopefully for the hotels my opinion is that i will come here again for sure as i love the place even if i am not happy with the organisation or the personel as the resort is like paradise and the sea fantastic.
Unique place.

Room Tip: A room with marine view or sea view but in high level. You will enjoy them!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 3 in Possidi
Eagles Palace
Eagles Palace
#1 of 10 in Ouranoupolis

Been to Porto Carras - Meliton? Share your experiences!