Porto Carras Meliton hotel has all the infrastructure of being a 5* hotel however the staff service/hotel management and the need for major renovations classify it as a medium 4* hotel.
We just returned from a one week stay with our 2 kids. Although we paid for a sea view room we were given a side marina view room and when complained at the reception the first morning we were informed that it was a sea view room(if you hang off the balcony gates) and that the hotel was full and they could not change as rooms!
The staff is not trained adequately and have no knowledge of the items on the menu. When we asked whether the burger at the News cafe is spicy the waitress laughed and said of course not, but guess what it was indeed very spicy and fortunately the order was for us and not the kids.
The staff service especially at the News cafe is slow, you might be searching for a waiter for 15mins!!!
The Pefkos restaurant at the sea front is very expensive and the food quality is below average. The beach bar again has very poor staff service, things that run out are not replaced on time (we found unacceptable the fact that for 4 days there was no vanilla ice cream for them to prepare a milk shake!!!!) and the prices are ridiculously high!€5 for frappe, €5 for milk shakes and €4 for fanta! We visited many 5* (well deserved) hotels in Greece and prices were not as high as this.
One day our kid spilled our coffee on the beach towel and when we went to change it the member of staff at the towel's kiosk refused to change it as you are only allowed one towel every day!!He did change it in the end when he saw how furious my husband became but he warned that this was the one and only time he did as such a BIG favor. This kind of attitude certainly does not much a 5* star hotel!
The rooms are spacious, clean and furniture is new and nice. However the fitted carpets need to be removed both from the rooms and from the corridors as they are not clean and they smell. Although we were 4 we were provided with 3 sets of bath towels almost every day and had to call reception for an extra set. The first 3 nights the mattress in the baby cot was bigger than the bed and did not fit properly. Surprisingly enough this was changed without us asking after the 3rd night.
The resorts's own prepared wines are very nice and should be tried as they are sold at reasonable prices.
The breakfast quality is below average and this is due to the mass production needs as it is a very big hotel. Again here when things run out they were not replaced promptly. The coffee pots served at breakfast are either broken or dirty and are in desperate need to be changed.
Overall the sea is extremely nice, we found sun beds easily and we had a good time. However, the price paid for this hotel was way too high for what we received ( for the room type, staff service and breakfast quality).
We would go there again only if the hotel is renovated and staff/management changes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along a 9 km stretch of the gorgeous, sandy beach of Halkidiki, with its crystal clear azure blue waters and amidst 1,763 hectares of natural grandeur, nestles the 6 times awarded by Condé Nast Traveller and proud holder of the Green Key Eco Label award Porto Carras Meliton 5*. The endless beach, including 25 secluded pristine coves, awarded each year with the International mark of the Blue Flag, offers countless ways to recharge: swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, water-skiing, windsurfing, canoeing, sailing. But beachside bliss is only the start: enjoy a host of outdoor activities from horse riding to tennis, to basketball, beach volley, football, soccer 5X5, trekking, jogging, cycling, and mountain bike. Golf enthusiasts are at one with nature on our 18-hole course, where strategic water obstructers and the bunkers provide tension in every stroke, offering superb views. Those seeking complete repose visit the 4,700 m², world-class Thalassotherapy & Spa Center, offering a wide range of treatments by Pevonia and Ligne St. Barth, indoor sea water pool, thalassotherapy pool, high salinity pool, Jacuzzi, 6 hydro baths, sauna, steam bath, 2 fitness centers, 27 treatment rooms and a VIP spa suite. Or lounge at the lagoon esplanade, cool off with a swim in the swimming pool, the thalassotherapy outdoor pool, or the lagoon style pool and float over to Wet Bar for your favourite cocktail. Retreat to our deluxe guestrooms designed to bring the outdoors in: 324 stunning sea, marina or golf view rooms boast private balconies. Escape and unwind in one of our 156 suites and experience the Suite lifestyle that only the Meliton Suite Program can offer. For culinary adventures, choose from the 3 restaurants of the hotel or the 2 tavernas by the marina. Enjoy live music at the bar or try your luck at the neighbouring New Orleans’s style casino: roll the dice and hit the slots - the perfect end to a sun-filled day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Porto Carras - Meliton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Carras Meliton Hotel Sithonia
- Meliton Thalasso Hotel
- Meliton Thalasso Resort
- Porto Carras - Meliton Sithonia/Neos Marmaras, Halkidiki