I am sorry to say I was greatly letdown by this motel. Thank the heavens for the amazing water at the beach!!!! I cannot see how this motel can be called "world-class", "five star", or "top rated" My fiancé and I actually checked out a day early. I am going to list from the time we arrived the issues I felt were serious and frankly unacceptable for prices charged and the quality you say is offered.... I walked around for three days saying to myself "REALLY???"
- No check-in or check-out line. We were standing there waiting to be called by next available reception employee, when from behind a woman just strolled up and started her check-in process. I figured that this being a top resort that the person behind the counter would say something that there was a line (normally I would have spoken up), but that did not happen. A free for all... REALLY? (We were upgraded free of charge to a junior suite at check-in)
-Room was fabulous. However, there were no bathe towels. I called the front desk (no house keeping phone extension listed on phone) and was told that towels would be brought right away... thirty minutes later still no towels. We went to front desk and was told it will be done right away. Upon returning to our room about an hour later the towels were there.
-Lunch at the Café was nice and tasty. However the service was very poor. We waited 15 minutes to get a menu while the staff was folding napkins. We ordered and then waited another 15 minutes to get the bottle of water we had asked for. REALLY?
-We began exploring the property by walking to where the restaurants were located. I was taken aback when I saw the sign regarding dinner service. I should have taken a picture of it to keep. "NO SORTS or VERMUDAS ALLOWED FOR DINNER" I don't know if the terms sorts or vermudas are actually words or something spelled phonetically, but I can assume it meant shorts. REALLY?
-I was somewhat surprised that there were only THREE sit down menu styled restaurants on the whole property and that the main meals were buffet style. Would have thought that a top rated resort would have more options.
-We were told that the buffet dinner was from 7-10 PM but that we should not expect food to come out of the kitchen past 9:30PM and they were right. The last thing I expected from a top rated resort is for clean up to start while dining area was still open. Does 7-10 PM not mean what it says? REALLY?
-The dress code at dinner was not enforced AT ALL!!!!! Why bother with the sign if no one was going to say anything about it? Guests were in sorts or shorts. Guests were wearing flip flops and tank top t-shirts. There was no dress code. REALLY?
-At dinner we found a table out on the veranda with a great view. The manger came over and said he would have table cleaned up right away and set for us to sit. He then walked over a set up table and started folding a stack of napkins with a staff member. My fiancé and I stood there by the table in disbelief for approximately 7 minutes while they folded away. REALLY?
-On the beach my fiancé witnessed a young child going to the bathroom (not urinating but releasing feces) while the mother stood there. She rinsed him off and threw away the feces. No one ever said anything to them. REALLY?
We checked out the next day, a full day early. Is this what is called "world renowned" "five star" or "top rated"??? I seriously don't think so. You lost a customer for life and I will tell anybody who ever says to me that they want to go to Greece for a vacation (being that I am a Greek-American) that they should avoid Porto Carras at all costs. The strange part is that I am a mild mannered person, I usually never get stressed or upset over things like this. However, this motel pushed me to the point that I am writing reviews on Booking.com and Tripadvisor.com. My expectations were very high for this property. Finally a place in Greece that did not have that "care free, we have rules but don't follow/enforce them" attitude.... Alas it was not so. I am so very sorry to say that I got the same attitude as I had in Greece in all my travels, but its my heritage so I will always be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along a 9 km stretch of the gorgeous, sandy beach of Halkidiki, with its crystal clear azure blue waters and amidst 1,763 hectares of natural grandeur, nestles the 6 times awarded by Condé Nast Traveller and proud holder of the Green Key Eco Label award Porto Carras Meliton 5*. The endless beach, including 25 secluded pristine coves, awarded each year with the International mark of the Blue Flag, offers countless ways to recharge: swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, water-skiing, windsurfing, canoeing, sailing. But beachside bliss is only the start: enjoy a host of outdoor activities from horse riding to tennis, to basketball, beach volley, football, soccer 5X5, trekking, jogging, cycling, and mountain bike. Golf enthusiasts are at one with nature on our 18-hole course, where strategic water obstructers and the bunkers provide tension in every stroke, offering superb views. Those seeking complete repose visit the 4,700 m², world-class Thalassotherapy & Spa Center, offering a wide range of treatments by Pevonia and Ligne St. Barth, indoor sea water pool, thalassotherapy pool, high salinity pool, Jacuzzi, 6 hydro baths, sauna, steam bath, 2 fitness centers, 27 treatment rooms and a VIP spa suite. Or lounge at the lagoon esplanade, cool off with a swim in the swimming pool, the thalassotherapy outdoor pool, or the lagoon style pool and float over to Wet Bar for your favourite cocktail. Retreat to our deluxe guestrooms designed to bring the outdoors in: 324 stunning sea, marina or golf view rooms boast private balconies. Escape and unwind in one of our 156 suites and experience the Suite lifestyle that only the Meliton Suite Program can offer. For culinary adventures, choose from the 3 restaurants of the hotel or the 2 tavernas by the marina. Enjoy live music at the bar or try your luck at the neighbouring New Orleans’s style casino: roll the dice and hit the slots - the perfect end to a sun-filled day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Carras - Meliton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Carras Meliton Hotel Sithonia
- Meliton Thalasso Hotel
- Meliton Thalasso Resort
- Porto Carras - Meliton Sithonia/Neos Marmaras, Halkidiki