Our most recent visit at Porto Carras Meliton was a few weeks ago, in August 2014. Needless to say that the resort is famous for its unique landscape of lush pine forestry and crystal clear, indulging beaches that make it an exceptional destination to start with.
To start with, the resort offers comfortable and well-equipped rooms with beautiful views – ours was overlooking the marina, which is really unique! Moreover, a lot of well-organised public space to dine, shop, exercise and relax creates a peaceful yet colourful and fun setting, especially when visiting with young children.
However, what stroke me most this time is the high level in their hospitality services; a great effort is paid in offering a seamless service everywhere – even though it was at the peak of the summer high season, the staff was well-organised, willing to help and working hard so as to contribute to a calm, relaxed environment where one can enjoy holiday time.
Dining in the hotel restaurants around the marina was delicious and enjoyable, much better than expected – mostly, thanks to the friendly and helpful staff that really makes a difference!
There are so many activities to choose from that one can spend the whole day without leaving the resort – if you visit with children, do not miss the horse-riding and golf courses; and, of course, you should definitely take a boat excursion or the short trip to the winery and the surroundings, to really experience the versatility of Porto Carras’ offering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along a 9 km stretch of the gorgeous, sandy beach of Halkidiki, with its crystal clear azure blue waters and amidst 1,763 hectares of natural grandeur, nestles the 6 times awarded by Condé Nast Traveller and proud holder of the Green Key Eco Label award Porto Carras Meliton 5*. The endless beach, including 25 secluded pristine coves, awarded each year with the International mark of the Blue Flag, offers countless ways to recharge: swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, water-skiing, windsurfing, canoeing, sailing. But beachside bliss is only the start: enjoy a host of outdoor activities from horse riding to tennis, to basketball, beach volley, football, soccer 5X5, trekking, jogging, cycling, and mountain bike. Golf enthusiasts are at one with nature on our 18-hole course, where strategic water obstructers and the bunkers provide tension in every stroke, offering superb views. Those seeking complete repose visit the 4,700 m², world-class Thalassotherapy & Spa Center, offering a wide range of treatments by Pevonia and Ligne St. Barth, indoor sea water pool, thalassotherapy pool, high salinity pool, Jacuzzi, 6 hydro baths, sauna, steam bath, 2 fitness centers, 27 treatment rooms and a VIP spa suite. Or lounge at the lagoon esplanade, cool off with a swim in the swimming pool, the thalassotherapy outdoor pool, or the lagoon style pool and float over to Wet Bar for your favourite cocktail. Retreat to our deluxe guestrooms designed to bring the outdoors in: 324 stunning sea, marina or golf view rooms boast private balconies. Escape and unwind in one of our 156 suites and experience the Suite lifestyle that only the Meliton Suite Program can offer. For culinary adventures, choose from the 3 restaurants of the hotel or the 2 tavernas by the marina. Enjoy live music at the bar or try your luck at the neighbouring New Orleans’s style casino: roll the dice and hit the slots - the perfect end to a sun-filled day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Porto Carras - Meliton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Carras Meliton Hotel Sithonia
- Meliton Thalasso Hotel
- Meliton Thalasso Resort
- Porto Carras - Meliton Sithonia/Neos Marmaras, Halkidiki