PORTO CARRAS HALKIDIKI GREECE – SITHONIA BEACH HOTEL.
The Porto Carras hotel complex with its two five stars hotels and marina are situated in a secluded fantastic place surrounded by the best green landscape of pine and olive trees, vine yards of Halkidiki area in the North of Greece near Thessaloniki.
During end of August 2011 I have once again stayed with my wife and friends for a week on HB at Porto Carras Halkidiki at Sithonia Hotel. I have also stayed in the past at Meliton hotel at Porto Carras but staying at both hotels I believe that the room sizes and comforts at both hotels are the same and so there is no need to pay the extra 25% or more for the Meliton hotel.
The Porto Carras hotels are situated in a property of 17,000 acres surrounded by pine forests, olive trees, vine yards and nice green gardens. The Porto Carras hotels have their private sandy beach of about two kilometers long with free sun beds and sun shelters for all residents. The sea water in front of the two hotels (Sithonia & Meliton) is very warm and especially in the mornings which was my preference to swim with my family and friends.
Since we were on half board basis we were having breakfast and dinner and sometimes lunch provided that we had to inform the hotel. Breakfast was very good with a big variety for all tastes. My favorite was yogurt with cornflakes and on top of it with the best local bee honey. The dinner or lunch was plentiful but not exceptional and limited variety. Next time we will be on BB basis and eat ala cart.
The hotel residents were from all over Europe with Russians, at least this time, were the majority. There are a number of swimming pools on site for grownups and children. There is also kindergarten for small children and babysitting. Each Porto Carras hotel has its own Spa. Next to the hotel complex there is a big marina and other restaurants and souvenir shops. You can visit all these places by just walking or by the hotel free of charge train. For those interested in horse riding or golf or any other activity you can ask the reception and take part. In Sithonia hotel there is a big casino where you can visit by paying a small entrance fee but you have eligibility of free drinks.
For those who like to enjoy a snack or have their coffee or drinks they can have these every evening with live music. By the way the Porto Carras is very famous for its excelent wine which you can have in moderate prices. On site you can visit the Porto Carras winery and taste various homemade wines.
I have visited both Porto Carras for six times and I will visit them again because these are situated in a paradise area with the best sea side and it is highly recommended for families with small kids in late June and late August and early September.
Nicosia - Cyprus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the spectacular coast of Sithonia, surrounded by 1,763 hectares drowned in green, with endless sandy beaches of over 9 km, discover your dream family getaway. The long list of features available is a family’s heaven: water slides, sea water park, kids fun park, diving center, nautical club, horse riding, mountain bike, football, beach volley, basketball, tennis, ping pong, plus an International standard 18-hole Golf course, a luxurious Casino and an amazing Thalassotherapy & Spa Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Carras - Sithonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Carras Sithonia Hotel Sithonia
- Sithonia Thalasso Hotel
- Sithonia Thalasso Resort
- Porto Carras - Sithonia Neos Marmaras, Halkidiki