It is worth mentioning at the start, that this booking was found through Secret Escapes.com and from the way the information was delivered and its detailed content, I felt that my holiday would be good and not be a disappointment. We were met at the airport by our driver for a private transfer to the hotel, which was a relaxed 100km drive from the airport at Thessaloniki.
On arrival at the hotel we were given complementary drinks while we registered. The room we were given was described as a Superior sea view, which I would suggest was a garden/sea view, and not superior. That said the room was fine and cleaned daily very well, with turn down service as one would expect. The hotel, its facilities and its staff are all 5 star. The public spaces are comfortable with sofas and armchairs arranged to take advantage of the beautiful views. Our late lunch, which we took in the Kamares Restaurant has stunning views out to sea. The food, while simple was excellent, and the service impeccable.
Unfortunately I can only say that the food in the Melathron Restaurant did not measure up to that. It is mass catering, with many mediocre dishes. However within the mass there were little treasures, mainly fish and sea foods, which could be indulged at will. As we had half board, our meals were to be in this restaurant unless we chose to pay at the other restaurants. Again, the staff were friendly and efficient.
Our daily visits to the beach were fabulous, with clean beaches, clean towels and crystal clear sea water. There were no problems with sun loungers, and waiter service was prompt and efficient.
As we were on a relaxing holiday we had lunch at the beachside Armyra restaurant, a few steps away from the sun beds. Here again the menu was simple but delicious and the staff, ever efficient and friendly.
We were greeted by all members of staff whenever we met them from reception, to bar staff, to cleaners and I felt it was genuine. In all a very enjoyable stay, and would visit again.
On closing, be aware that the Greek airports are not efficient and it would seem that having one security baggage check open with a huge line up, is some type of Greek humour, lost on me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagles palace, member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World offers 157 rooms & suites on a private beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eagles Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Eagles Palace
- Eagles Palace Ouranoupolis
- Eagles Palace Halkidiki/Ouranoupolis, Greece