“Secret Escapes to Eagles palace”
Review of Eagles Palace

Eagles Palace
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ouranoupolis
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It is worth mentioning at the start, that this booking was found through Secret Escapes.com and from the way the information was delivered and its detailed content, I felt that my holiday would be good and not be a disappointment. We were met at the airport by our driver for a private transfer to the hotel, which was a relaxed 100km drive from the airport at Thessaloniki.
On arrival at the hotel we were given complementary drinks while we registered. The room we were given was described as a Superior sea view, which I would suggest was a garden/sea view, and not superior. That said the room was fine and cleaned daily very well, with turn down service as one would expect. The hotel, its facilities and its staff are all 5 star. The public spaces are comfortable with sofas and armchairs arranged to take advantage of the beautiful views. Our late lunch, which we took in the Kamares Restaurant has stunning views out to sea. The food, while simple was excellent, and the service impeccable.
Unfortunately I can only say that the food in the Melathron Restaurant did not measure up to that. It is mass catering, with many mediocre dishes. However within the mass there were little treasures, mainly fish and sea foods, which could be indulged at will. As we had half board, our meals were to be in this restaurant unless we chose to pay at the other restaurants. Again, the staff were friendly and efficient.
Our daily visits to the beach were fabulous, with clean beaches, clean towels and crystal clear sea water. There were no problems with sun loungers, and waiter service was prompt and efficient.
As we were on a relaxing holiday we had lunch at the beachside Armyra restaurant, a few steps away from the sun beds. Here again the menu was simple but delicious and the staff, ever efficient and friendly.
We were greeted by all members of staff whenever we met them from reception, to bar staff, to cleaners and I felt it was genuine. In all a very enjoyable stay, and would visit again.
On closing, be aware that the Greek airports are not efficient and it would seem that having one security baggage check open with a huge line up, is some type of Greek humour, lost on me

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank localboyRomsey

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I've been to a few resorts in Greece: big ones, medium sized ones, from Thessaly to Crete, and this one is the best. The accommodations are great, with full bathrooms and balconies and there are special suites and rooms. The service is outstanding, from front desk to customer services. The food is out of this world, with both Greek specialties as well as cuisine from other parts of the world and the buffet offers something for everyone, from vegetarians to carnivores. The prices are great. I was there in September 2013 for a course and found lots to do outside of class sessions, from water sports to hiking, biking, shopping, and visiting nearby historical sites. And there is a wonderful beach with all beach services provided. The location, just north of Mount Athos in the Halkdiki region makes it a bit out of the way but at the same time, this ensures that the area doesn't seem like a tourist area but "real Greece." And if you are interested in a spiritual outing, you can shop for products from the holy mountain in Ouranoupolis or maybe even a visit to the sacred area, available only to men.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the G level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mystes
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was a truly magical experience! The hotel is situated in an idyllic setting with a backdrop of the Holy Mount Athos. I enjoyed the beautiful location and the gorgeous beach. The hotel boasted a beautiful spa with jacuzzi, sauna, calm space for deep relaxation. I have never felt so relaxed and welcomed. The staff were without exception courteous and attentive and my every request was taken care of.

Lovely details like the evening homemade chocolate at bedtime to the welcome champagne reception have you feel special and relaxed. Olga and Nina and the reception staff were always willing to assist with a smile The food was excellent, all beautifully and thoughtfully prepared, fresh and wholesome. The accompanying wines chosen with care and great taste.The treatments in the spa heavenly. Heartily recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an exceptional, relaxed holiday experience

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We spent a week in this beautifully located luxury hotel and we had one of the best holidays! Staff are extremely friendly, attentive and professional. The kids club is a wonderful idea for smaller kids although our son preferred playing on the sandy beach to organised activities! :) the resort is safe and practical for small children with lots to do. I also wanted to comment in the food which was 5 star standard.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Fabulous hotel situated in an enviable position and full of character emanating a degree of warmth, splendour and magical hospitality. From the evening homemade chocolate at bedtime to the welcome champagne reception you are made to feel special and relaxed. Nothing is too much trouble for guest relations personnel Olga and Nina not to mention Etrossini and Vangelis at Reception. Dimitris, Thanos and the restaurant staff ensure that every food and beverage need is catered for and alternative menus and wine recommendations are excellent with a good range of quality wines and innovative and varied buffet food and this comes from someone who is not generally a fan of buffets or hotel dinners. The daily activities programme offers a variety of things to do and treatments in the spa heavenly. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting relaxation and genuine quality service in a tranquil, marine setting.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Upon arrival from a long journey to the hotel I felt we would have had a good welcome.......very disappointed for myself and my 15 year old son. We were told to sit and wait for the room which I had emailed Katrina (the receptionist) in advance to make sure the room was adequate for a mother and her son so asked for twin beds. I would have upgraded if needed. Katrina assured me all would be sorted and everything in hand. 30 minutes later the Manager of the hotel (can't remember is name) took us to our (so called suite) it had a double bed made up and don't be fooled when they call there room suites, it's NOT a suite it's a room with a sofa bed, however, I challenged this Manager and stated the suite should have been made up for us with twin beds, his answer was, well one of you could sleep on the sofa bed!!!!!!! Sofa bed???? I raged, I could not believe his attitude, so rude. I did not expect to pay £6,000 to sleep on a sofa bed when I asked in advance to make sure the suite was adequate for a mother and 15 year old son. So I was told to either have it or find another hotel! After endless calls to the UK (costly I may add) the only option was to pay £1700 to upgrade to what was a suite in my mind only it wasn't worth the money I had to pay. It was a nightmare. The Manager should be sacked!! Apart from the disastrous start the restaurant staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to please. The spa is lush but I would only recommend Sophia she's good. The resort is beautiful, the beach and pool is gorgeous. It's just a shame the hotel is allowed to market it's rooms as suites, suites to me are a separate lounge area there rooms are rooms and if you want a suite be prepared to pay through your nose like I did. My feeling is bad Management, and the beach boy was rude, he removed my towels and belongings for no reason other than an Italian lady said because she sat there all week it was reserved for her, so look out for that.

Room Tip: When you ask for a suite have in mind what you expect out of it as the suite I got was a room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank stockdale
EaglesPalaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Eagles Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Eagles Palace Hotel & Spa for your summer holidays.

First of all we would like to mention that we respect all opinions and comments about the hotel, the location and the provided services. We always read carefully all opinions and accept all comments, positive or negative.

We would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the restaurant staff, the pool, the beach and generally the resort.

Your reservation has been made through a Tour Operator for a Junior Suite (you are referring to a suite) which is 40 sqm and is consisting of a bedroom, a sitting corner with a sofa bed, a bathroom and a balcony, as a proper junior suite should be according to international hotel room specifications and as described also at our website which is showing exactly the junior suite in which you were allocated for the first night.

Upon your arrival I have to confess that your junior suite was equipped with a king size bed and not as twin beds as per your request. I apologized to you and offered you to change the king size bed into twin beds. Alternatively, I proposed to you to prepare the sofa bed for your child, but unfortunately you did not respond to any of those solutions.

However, you requested a bigger room than the Junior Suite you have booked through the Tour Operator. In order to meet your expectations, I offered you a Deluxe Suite with private pool, which is a higher room category. This suite is 80 sqm, and is consisting of a master bedroom with a separated living room, a private pool and 2 WC’s.

I am really very sorry for your comment that you were told to find another hotel. It’s obvious that this was a misunderstanding. My aim is always to find solutions which make our guests fully satisfied by meeting or even exceed their expectations for The Eagles Palace.

Regarding your comments for the beach service, and in order to avoid an argument between you and the other guest, our staff took the initiative to solve the misunderstanding for the sun beds. Our Guest Relations manager reacted also immediately in order to overcome the embarrassing situation between you and the other guest. However, we have taken note of your comments as our aim is always to improve our provided services.

Please be assured that I will be sharing your valuable comments with the team, especially with Sofia from the Spa and the staff from the restaurants.

We would like to assure you, that we will continue providing highest standard services to all our guests.

Once again I would like to thank you and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Eagles Palace & Spa.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is my third visit to the wonderful Eagles Palace Hotel and I guess by virtue of that fact I can be considered a fan, but before you flip to the next review, please let me tell you why.
A lot of organisations are looking for that holy grail where the right facility is also complimented by a great level of personal service. Did I mention that this is my third visit?!! I have watched how the staff interact with both the guests (from all over the world, taking the time to learn so many languages) to one another sharing a kind word here and there to bring a smile, which is infectious in that it creates such a genuine, warm and happy atmosphere that you cannot help but be swept along with it. A culture of service and respect should come as no surprise given the quality of the management.
I booked a room with a sea view this time and what a spectacular view it is of the sea and the surrounding mountains of the peninsula.
Let me share a little hotel secret with you, the best hotels refurbish before you notice that it may need to be refurbished, that's one of the reasons I keep coming back. You can read for yourself the facilities that are offered, all that I would like to add there is that you will not be disappointed. Can I give a big SHOUT OUT to all the other guests who have described all the great facilities. Friendships are important to me so when I tell you that I recommended a dear friend to the Eagles Palace Hotel and they thanked me graciously for the recommendation I guess what I am saying is I am sure that if you are looking for a fine hotel, in a great location, with excellent staff, a superb spa, with a culture for being the best then you have found what you are looking for at the Eagles Palace Hotel & Spa. I will certainly be back, maybe you can ask me in person the next time. Hope you have a great stay, I certainly have and still another week to go xx
Bob Lawrence

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Calypsoblack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ouranoupolis
Eagles Villas
Xenia Ouranopolis
Xenia Ouranopolis
#2 of 10 in Ouranoupolis
Hotel AKTI Ouranoupoli Beach Resort

Been to Eagles Palace? Share your experiences!