We recently enjoyed a pleasent late summer break at the Eagles Palace. The hotel is in a beautiful location near Ouranoupolis, but it's a long drive along winding country roads from Thessaloniki airport. You will also need a car to explore the region.
The Eagles Palace is nicely set out with plenty of quiet areas to sit and relax, which is in keeping with the pleasent ambiance of this small hotel.The food is of a high quality, especially the Greek cuisine with deserts to die for.
We found all the staff very friendly and welcoming, but a special mention goes to Olga the concierge with her wealth of helpful local knowledge and Despina who guided us through our open air pilates.
One big plus is free wi fi throughout, which many 5* hotels charge an extortionate amount for - lets start a campaign for free wi fi.
On the negatives, we were disappointed that although our suite had a Nespresso machine the pods cost 4 euros each, and there was no alternative tea/coffee facility in the room so they should not put in these machines expecting guests to pay for expensive pods - this is not appropriate to 5* service.
Drinks are extreemly expensive, and I am sure the hotel would increase their sales and goodwill by pricing them more reasonably.
As the hotel is open late in the season I expected the pool in a 5* hotel to be heated, but it wasn't, so it was colder than the sea and therefore not used by guests.
Our suite was spacious, but the over the bath shower is very cramped and would be impossible for some larger sized people to use and not expected in a 5* hotel.
Overall I would recommend the Eagles Palace, but little things need addressing to justify it's 5* status.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagles palace, member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World offers 157 rooms & suites on a private beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eagles Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Eagles Palace
- Eagles Palace Ouranoupolis
- Eagles Palace Halkidiki/Ouranoupolis, Greece