This was a second attempt at a honeymoon (after we were ill on our first local one in Wales), and what a wonderful and beautiful place it was to be! The hotel is stylish and has many gorgeous views from rooms, bar/breakfast terraces and the pool and beach area. All the staff (from drivers to hospitality/events) were very friendly, extremely helpful and impressively multilingual. The main buffet/restaurant was an exciting and tasty feast every breakfast and evening….so much so that we didn't even consider eating out much. And the waiters and chefs couldn't be more helpful and attentive - particularly great for me being gluten free and needing to check which dishes to have. Gluten free bread was also bought in for me.
Lovely quiet walking and boating activities to do in this early part of the season, but I also had good fun attempting windsurfing for the first time! The hotel are very helpful in organising and suggesting excursions with ideas and offers handily pushed through your door every evening. Fascinating local setting with the Mt Athos monasteries taking up a large chunk of the peninsula and selling their beautiful farmed produce and crafts in the nearby little town of Ouranoupolis.
We relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and if we can afford it we will definitely go back to this jewel of a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagles palace, member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World offers 157 rooms & suites on a private beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eagles Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Eagles Palace
- Eagles Palace Ouranoupolis
- Eagles Palace Halkidiki/Ouranoupolis, Greece