“Simple pub grub in a pleasant spot”

We Three Loggerheads
Cuisines: British, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Ive been here a few times as its a short walk from home.
The menu covers most needs.
On a sunny day the outside area is ok and by a pleasant stream but is pn a busy road so not idyllic.
Food portions are on the large side, i can eat like a horse but even i struggled with the tower burger and chilli.
The home made big chips are fab and a thankfull switch from frozen chips like a lot of pub grub places.
Never had a bad meal here and as it priced reasonably its ideal for a 'cant be bothered cooking lets go the pub' scenario.

Lynda W, Owner at We Three Loggerheads, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review.
It is a pleasant spot despite being on the road side. The river side is quite tranquilespecially on a quiet evening.
Glad you always enjoy your food here.

There are newer reviews for We Three Loggerheads

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Visited on a very pleasant Thursday afternoon. We had called ahead to book as we were using a Tastecard, on arrival we were told our table was in the dining room however it was no problem that we wanted to sit outside instead. The dining room was deserted but all laid out for diners and looked lovely, not what I was expecting from the outside, I can imagine it has a nice atmosphere in the evenings and on chillier days.

The outdoor seating area was ok, a bit sparce of anything homely, like hanging baskets but nice location next to the river.

Our food arrived in good time. My burger was huge- I had missread it being a double whammy but enjoyed it all the same! My husband had the mixed grill which again was a generous portion, he thought the chips were a bit soggy and greasy and that the steak was a bit tough, which was a shame as it looked perfectly cooked- medium as requested. Unfortunately no one came to ask if our meak was ok so we cpuld not feed this back. Sauces and condiments are in little packets which I personally hate and I did notice a few empty ones under other vacant tables which was a little off putting and makes me wonder ho many end up in the river Alyn!

Our meal was good value thanks to tastecard and I would call again, but only if I was passing and hungry, I would not go out of my way to revisit.

Lynda W, Owner at We Three Loggerheads, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hi
Thank you for your review.
We have lovely hanging baskets at the front of the pub and we have previously put window boxes along the fence by the river but children do not see the pretty plants, just a fence to climb and unfortunately the plants do not survive! This is the reason why there are none at the side of the building. I would love to have more but quite honestly it would look worse with dead broken flowers! Such a shame I agree!
Chips this time of the year can be quite soft as the potatoes have a lot of water in as they are changing with the seasons and we don't like using frozen ones which are quite bland.
We will mention to our butcher the steak issue. But we're pleased you enjoyed the burger.
Thank you for visiting and we do hope to see you again

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This small little pub is tuck away but my gosh it is a litte gem hiding, When you walk in its a small quicky littte pub than you go the back of the pub up a couple of stairs and WOW it opens out into a restuarant with high celing beams!!! The select of choice for food is amazing the qualty and taste of food again WOW. The staff are so freindly and the amstphore is great this is deffo in my top three places to go. I so cannot wait to go back I loved it that much.

1  Thank Natalie M
Lynda W, Owner at We Three Loggerheads, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. Glad you like the restaurant! Hope you come again soon

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a lovely meal with some friends a couple of weeks ago. Four members of the group had starters, generous portions, especially the soup which would have been a lunch for me.

Our mains were big portions, gammon in particular, accompanied by some lovely chips. My vegetarian choice, cannelloni, was tasty, although I'd have preferred more salad with it, rather than a large piece of garlic bread.

Our desserts were delicious. Two of us had Eton Mess, just the right size and perfect mixture of sweet and sharp.

1  Thank noredpen

Thank you for your review. We hope yo see you again soon

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Turned up here on spec, having been turned away elsewhere as they were "busy with a wedding". What a bit of luck. The surroundings seemed a little bizarre but the food was really good; sea bass and noodle& pepper stir fry and Cannelloni and Ricotta , both really delicious. definitely on my list for future lunches.

1  Thank PaulnPenny
Lynda W, Owner at We Three Loggerheads, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

So glad you enjoyed your food . The seabass is a favourite of ours personally! Not sure why the surroundings were bizarre but glad you had a good time overall and we sell out of the cannelloni very quickly which is testament to its popularity. Hope to see you again very soon