“Superb hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sarigerme
Carterton, United Kingdom
“Superb hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just returned from the hotel having had a fab 11 days. Start with a minor niggle having stayed at numerous hotels in the Antalya region this hotels evening buffet was a little samie with no real themed nights, and not a great deal of choice for main courses. We ate at 3 a la cartes and they were superb the buffets were great but a little more variation would really be the icing on the cake. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. We loved the manicured gardens and feeling of space. The staff were amazing, very friendly and attentive, in particular Levant the tennis coach who did rifle shooting and archery. The bars were all very different with branded drinks available. The Spa was amazing and the gym well equipped. The swimming pools were so clean and no fighting over sun loungers. We would not hesitate in going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dazzywoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am a hard character to please. However, I left the Hilton with the thought that they know more about what the customer needs than the customer himself. They have thought of everything and even more. I got back this morning and have already started my search to return next year. Our little boy had the time of his life and without doubt, I would recommend this as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Yes, there were things that bothered me but not enough to stop me booking again.

Beach:
Having been to the Hilton in Maldives and Movenpick in Sousse (Tunisia) I did not have my hopes high for the beach at the Hilton in Dalaman. In fact, having read the reviews and seen the pictures I wasn’t too keen to even visit the beach. Now, I can assure you that whilst this beach may be gritty and pebbly at the shore line, it is absolutely fantastic. The water is clean (whilst deepens within a few steps) and whilst the sand is different to your typical white sand – it is indeed very nice. Furthermore, the beach is massive and quiet. I actually liked the sand here.

Hotel:
It’s huge and it’s pretty. Be prepared for lots of walking. The rooms are big & clean. We took a river-view room which was pretty and quiet. The room comes with a weighing scale and this is not a good thing when I tell you about the food.

Food/Restaurant
It started off great. I take nutrition quite seriously and live a life consuming healthy food. I couldn’t believe the fact that apart from a 5* baby food section, they also cater for “people who like to go to the gym” with a diet section! Yes a “Diet section”! I was excited …. Day 1 was great. Then I thought, “ah I’m on holiday, let’s try the desserts”. By Day 10 I had forgotten that there was a diet section and I lost all sense of shame with food to the point that I was planning to smuggle some of the dessert out of the country - (I didn’t do it by the way). Had we stayed a few more nights the cutlery would have become a redundant feature on my table and I would have been inhaling the food, it was so nice. I checked that all meat is Halal and pork is served in isolation in the mornings only. During those rare moments where we were not eating, my wife and I would indulge at the citrus bar with iced lattes, waffles & ice cream.

What would be a very good idea is if (upon check in) we are told about the eating options. The reason why I say this is that for the first 5 days we ate breakfast lunch and dinner in the main restaurant thinking that the three main bars (Citrus, Breeze, Vento) were drinks only. We then got into the habit of eating lunch at the breeze/vento bars.

Swimming Pool / Spa
Quite busy as many people left towels on sunbeds – Usual story with any hotel. However, we never had a problem getting a sunbed. I personally like firm sunbeds whilst I can see how it may be uncomfortable for some people. Don’t let it put you off – they are very good sunbeds; light weight and solid. To open the umbrella, just pull the rope in any direction. I felt very smart figuring that one out. There are so many pools that I wonder whether the Hilton actually know about all of them. One of the indoor pools looks like it’s never used and only ever cleaned! Be careful as the indoor pools and showers especially can be quite slippery.

The Spa is lovely and clean. I would have liked a little more steam in the steam room but I guess that’s personal. Ah yes, someone needs to explain the Roman Baths to me. I was very confused because you go through one door, and it leads to another door which is a room with a series of doors. It took a few days to build up the courage to open the next door which lead to some more doors and you finally come to a big marble table and lots of sinks with taps. I was wondering if this was the Turkish bath, but then that wouldn’t be Roman…or would it? I don’t know, history isn’t my strong point but whatever that room was – no one was in it and it was like something out of the Matrix.

Complaints / Suggestions etc
Apart from the food being too nice and the weighing scales slowly presenting an ever increasing number; I would say that the following things bothered me.

- Noise Level: Gym & Pool Side.
In the gym, I wasn’t the only one who had to physically turn the music down. What makes things worse is that the lyrics to the songs contain offensive expletives. Whilst the romantic saxophone melodies played in the communal toilets is quite ingenious; the music at pool-side is also somewhat loud. I am generally sensitive to loud music so felt myself increasingly frustrated at the far end of the pool. This is supposed to be a serene & tranquil hotel and the environment becomes spoilt with the occasional euro-pop blasted across the main pools. You would struggle to find a quiet spot which is a shame. If music is an absolute must then I wish that they tried to keep it in line with the tranquillity of the environment. Also, whilst I loved the spa and the music is indeed mild and tranquil there ….would you be as kind as to vary the loop around some time. The volume is perfect! But change the record man. It’s the first time I’ve come home humming the tune to a “catchy spa melody”

- Photographers
I appreciate that everyone needs to earn a living, but I didn’t expect to have paparazzi on my holiday. I noticed that some people liked it and that’s fine. However, I would expect them to leave me alone after the first rejection. The problem is that there are a few of them walking around with cameras. You say “no” to the first camera man and by the time you’ve said “no” to the fourth camera man a few days later, the first one forgets who you are and tries his luck again. I found it as strange as I would if a barber jumped out in front of me chopping his scissors. I have many suggestions how the cameras can be used but taking pictures of my family, when we are clearly unhappy about it, wouldn’t be one of them.

All in all, the Hilton Dalaman is fantastic. Definitely coming back

Room Tip: The river-view room is not much of a river. You don't miss out just having a garden/mountain vie...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank captainmohawk
Hakan A, General Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your detailed and entertaining review. We do aim to anticipate our guests’ needs and exceed expectations to ensure the very best experience. Many guests find our food hard to resist so you are not alone in that respect, and your comment regarding clarity of lunch options at check-in is gratefully received. Thank you also for your comments regarding music and photography, both of which will be reviewed by the relevant departments – your feedback is appreciated. We are very pleased that you navigated your way safely back out of the Spa and would be delighted to welcome you back with a guided tour should you choose to visit us again. Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

From start to finish we had a fantastic week food was amazing we went to Chinese, Indian and Italian at an extra charge, but the service and food was well worth the extra.
We also hired a gazebo for the day which was so worth the 80 euros nothing was to much trouble for the man who was looking after us. Staff where brilliant helpful and friendly.
The only downfall is the town itself quite a bit of a walk about 20 mins of derelict scenery then nothing really there, also the music round the pool was to loud and not very good. But all in all would definitely go back

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thanks for your positive comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our a la carte restaurants – the restaurants teams were delighted to serve you. The gazebo experience is designed to provide our guests with a day of relaxed luxury, so we are glad that you found this to be the case. Thank you for your feedback regarding music at the pool – this will be reviewed by our Entertainments team. Thank you again for your review - we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Kind regards
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for a couple of weeks over May and into June. This was our third stay and we have always found the hotel to be fantastic and the food is great with an amazing choice and quality. The Executive chef is always visible and clearly has very high standards and it shows in his food and his team.
The rooms are great and this time we just had the mountain view although I think we could see more of the sea this time than on a previous stay when we had the sea view!
The staff are great and the outdoor coffee shop and bar is a great way to start the evening.
This is a high quality holiday hotel and well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Mountain and river view are good so not sure the sea view is worth a premium
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike B
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your review – we are thrilled that you enjoyed your holiday. We value your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to delivering another first rate experience for you on your next visit. Kind regards
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was our wedding on 12 June at the hilton, we had brought our family and we have had the time of our lives!!
The serviced provided by the staff was outstanding, but to name a few Caglor Demerizen. He made our special day even more memorable. He was fantastic with the young children in our party and always on hand.
The photographers in the resort made my dreams come true with an amazing photo album and photos.
In short this hotel has everything and we will be back next year for our wedding anniversary.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Bex1208
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure and honour to be a part of your special day. We look forward to welcoming you back on your anniversary and wish you the very best for your marriage. Kind regards
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for the 5th time in this resort and are still very enthusiastic. The hotel is well kept, clean with spacious nice rooms and beautiful garden. The buffet is varied and of good quality.
Staff is friendly . For example our regular waiter Mahmut Ergen is very professional and adding value to our holiday.
Minus point: no mattresses on the sun beds.
We surely come back to this resort!

Room Tip: Rooms garden side are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane L
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that such a loyal guest as yourself continues to enjoy our service and facilities. Your comfort is our priority – we hope to have the chance to address the sunbed matter with you on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Kind regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel 31st May for 1 week . On arrival at this hotel. Lobby very grand with lots Of levels and plenty of sofas and chairs to sit on , 2 lifts available . Check in was speedy but it was about 9 pm so only us arriving at this time. No welcome drink offered to us , we noticed other people arriving on other days and offered a glass of juice! We had a hire car so staff parked it for us . Shown to our room ( 2268) . If you go in from the lobby a fair walk but quite nice to stretch your legs sometimes. There are other ways to and from room which are quicker. Room lovely , deluxe room with direct access to pool. Had to arrange for someone to come and take away baby bed as left in room from previous guests. That was dealt with fairly quickly. We we offered a complimentary in room snack as we arrived quite late or we could wait until 12 am to go to the buffet for some food . As we were on uk time we weren't tired so decided to wait and check out hotel . Good selection of shampoos condtioners and bits in the room , not enough big bath towels though . Tea and coffee and free mini bar . Lovely big rain shower which was always lovely and hot . The main restaurant in the hotel was very good indeed .We actually preferred it to the al la carte restaurants . Lots of choice for breakfast lunch and dinner . Deserts were a bit strange sometimes but just not what we are used to . We ate in finesse and Tao on the last two nights . What we found very odd is that the main restaurant you had a very good material napkin , in finesse they gave you a paper serviette which within no time was wet and dirty . Tao was better with napkin but no rose wine was ready to drink , all warm and had to wait 20 mins to cool it first. Food good although not quite the authentic taste we get in the uk . Nice to be waited on for a change . Bars good. Bar street is a central nightclub with about 6 different bars within it. Kids are allowed in there at all times , there were hardly ever any people in there really. Rouge bar at top , over 16 only . Very good bar. Cool changing lights. Barman quite miserable most of the time but did remember our drinks. Bit cold though as air conned and when you have been in the sun it feels arctic . Good selection of cocktails and drinks. Nice snacks offered to you also . Pools good . Lots of loungers . Never managed to get a big bed type lounger as they go so early . Citrus bar near main pool , very good although sometimes a bit slow to come and take your order. Is a rollerskating waitress who will come to loungers also. At main pool they play chill out music which is quite nice. Entertainment at hotel was excellent . Saw about 3 shows. All enjoyable in the amphitheatre . Be careful as we weren't aware of change of venue to conference centre( due to rain) opposite entrance and missed a fair bit of one . The entertainment staff were quite irritating trying to get you to dance sometimes . I guess they are trying to create the atmosphere. Watch out for the professional photographers as they bug you to do a photo shoot with them on the hotel grounds . We saw them coming and avoided. One thing which did annoy me was our room was very late to be cleaned. The first few days we had arrived back to get showered and changed for dinner at 5.30 and no one had been in. They knocked on door but we said not to worry as getting ready . We did report this to reception but don't think the note got round. Forgot to replace coffee and milk sachets one day so went with out coffee one morning .we did visit the spa and had a two person hammam Turkish bath which was excellent . Spa treatment were anything between £30 and £350 . Overall this hotel is lovely . You couldn't ask for lovelier grounds rooms and food .Just felt the hotel service wasn't really 5* . Have stayed in many 5* hotels and had a much more attentative experience. Would prob visit Antalya next as not much around in sarigermie once you leave hotel .

Room Tip: Avoid a room near river as noisy froggies . We heard other guests say this
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kayceybell1
Hakan A, General Manager at Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your constructive feedback – we welcome your comments and value your opinions. We are very sorry that you experienced a problem with our housekeeping service. This is very unusual and this matter is being reviewed. Your comments regarding the Finesse and Tao restaurants have been forwarded to our restaurant manager with thanks – action will be taken on both points. 5* service is our usual standard and is certainly what our guests deserve. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again. Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
Club Tuana Fethiye
Club Tuana Fethiye
#8 of 102 in Fethiye
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,139 reviews

Been to Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!