“Nazi Concentration Camp located on a beautiful setting!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park

TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sarigerme
Istanbul
“Nazi Concentration Camp located on a beautiful setting!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

Gotta give them the place is beautiful. Sea is very clean but you have walk 1/2 mile
to even get your feet off the sea bottom and start swimming. Staff is great except that jerk in the front desk. We were there on mid july, temperature avg 30-35 celcius, humidity minimum 80%. If you're looking for a lazy, laid back vacation stay away from this place. You must wake up on time to have breakfast, not be late for lunch and hear this: you must wear pants (trousers that is) to be able to attend dinner! Yeah wear them at 35 degrees celcius on the outer courter of dining area, oh if you want the air conditioned indoor area then I guess you'd have to be happy with a mere 30 degrees celsius, and try to have relaxed comfortable dinner. We were there for 5 days and believe me I wear my khakis shorts every night waiting for a hotel manager coming to me and saying something about wearing pants. Even that made me hate the place and kept me stressed all through my stay there. Very very disturbing. I'll never go to another Iberotel and I don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
7 Thank Meronare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ankara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

Before we had a child, my husband and I have stayed at Iber Sarıgerme Park 5 years ago. During that time we always thought that that was a hotel to come with children. So child friendly and it would be a place to make children happy.
I have this time stayed in the hotel with my 3 year old child, to make our dreams come true. And we learnt that all the info provided by the hotels own webpage and travel agency guides related to children were not valid for 3 years.
First of all related to bottle warmer, it is first comes first serves basis. Although I have asked it in advance, they said they would not assure I will receive one, so I had to carry one with me.
Secondly, there is no baby or child buffet. This procedure had been cancelled 3 years ago. So you have to find alternative things for your baby/toddler which may fit its feeding habits. Other important remark is no baby food is sold in the small buffet of hotel. You should make a pre order (pay a double price) or go to the village to buy some (not in may alternatives, best alternative is going to Dalaman to Sefikoglu Supermarket)
Most of the places are accesible by stroller unless your room is not in the second floor, it is no problem.
The Kid Club is not functioning very well, so forget to leave your child there for half an hour and try have some relaxation time.
The sunbeds both in the beach and poolside are are hold very early in the morning (before 8.00) so if you want to have a close place to playgrounds for children you should make your attempts to get a place very early in the morning.
As the other reviewers mentioned, they have military strict rules which are silly and crazy. If your child likes a late wake up, you are left with no food.
If you need some special dietary requirements due to an upset stomach, you should convince the staff to give you some bread, boiled potato, yogurt or white cheese.
The other things were normal, I have no complaints.
The animation was when you compare to the same standart hotels very weak. Especially communication weakness. The music in disco was for ages above 45.
If you have no attachments (like child) and trying to have early wake-up, early sleeping, moderate entertainment holiday, you will not feel bad. The sea is marvellous. So the hotel sells itself.
But I would not recommend this hotel to a family with baby/toddler. It is not deserve the money you spent.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank unsleepy
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

They really need to make a substantial change in the management. The general director is just horrible. She is not polite, courteous or helpful. If you and your kids don't speak German (yes, this is a hotel in Turkey) don't bother going.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank Barrol
Bursa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2009

My parent had stayed in this hotel for one night in 2006 and had really liked it. Me and my husband were looking for a hotel with a sandy beach and good sea to have a holiday with our one year old boy, and decided on this hotel based on what we had heard from our parents and tripadvisor reviews. After our experience in the hotel we saw that we made no mistake. Although we had booked for a standard room, due to the availability and low season we were given a family room with no extra charge. At the entrance we were very much impressed by the giant palm trees and the nature of the hotel. Inside it is like a botanical park with lots of different trees and we may read the type of them on the tags in front of each. The hotel also had a zoo inside. The food is really good except for breakfast, because we turkish people like to see more and better types of cheese for breakfast. The sea is perfect, it gets deeper in a reasonable manner, not anything like the Antalya sea which gets deep in like 50 cm off shore. It is sandy and clean with a little, not disturbing but fun, wave. The pool is not so big but enough and clean. The baby and child pools were nice that they were under shade but it would be better if little children without toilet training are kept in their diapers in and around the pools. As you are going to this hotel please keep in mind that you might experience some mosquito attack. Although the hotel is taking some measures against this your children might have some problems, so it is better to take a spray against mosquitos that can be applied on skin for children. We had one and came back without any spots. To mention the guests of the hotel, they are mostly German, some Russian, very few Turkish and more than half of them were Turkish living in Germany. One last thing, which our travel agent did not inform us about, the hotel has a policy of trousers for men for dinner. So take at least one pair with you if you do not want to buy one from the village for double price. I would recommend this hotel to everyone if you are looking for good sea, good food and a reasonably quiet environment at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank SBY2008
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2008

We spent the week in Marmaris but due to our flight being delayed for 16 hours from Dalaman we stayed just the one night at the Sarigerme Park courtesy of Thomson (I didn't mind, I wasn't ready for home anyway!).

Just thought that I would write a review as there aren't many British reports about the hotel on TA.

The hotel is set out like an old traditional Turkish village, it really is wonderful with cobbled walkways, pomegranate trees and delightful gardens. It is built on the site of an ancient Turkish village and the remains of the walls can clearly be seen around the hotel. The hotel is large and impressive and you will be given a map to find your hotel room.

The rooms have their own mini-bar and safe and they all seemed to have their own small patio area with table and chairs.

As other TA members have mentioned, all the guests apart from the ones on our flight were German, I'm very surprised though that Thomson haven't given it more publicity and made it more available.

The breakfast buffet is fantastic with lots and lots of goodies to choose from with a great selection of hot and cold food, fresh fruit and cereals.

This is clearly a 5 star hotel by Turkish standards but here's the reason why I have given it a 4......
As I mentioned previously we (2 adults and 2 children) had a 16 hour delay and didn't get to our room in the hotel until after 4am! Breakfast was at 8am and the coach was collecting us at 10am for our return trip to the Airport. I went down to breakfast and spoke to the Thomson Rep, I told her that the kids were shattered and she said it would be a good idea to leave them in bed and take some food back to the room for them. As I was leaving the restaurant area with fruit and croissants I was almost jumped upon by one of the waiters (who appeared to be standing guard at the entrance to the restaurant!), he abruptly told me that no food can be removed from the restaurant. I quickly found the Thomson Rep and we approached the hotel manager, who in a very cold and uncaring manner told us the same thing. So, I had to go back our room and bring two very tired kids back down to the Restaurant. There were many children in the Restaurant from our flight who were crying and clearly very tired so maybe they had encountered the same thing regarding their very strict rules and regulations.

If you are the manager of the hotel and are reading this...Due to the close proximity to the airport, your hotel is probably the one that is used for all flight delays so please have a heart for all the poor passengers who have encountered delays who are very tired and have probably not eaten for WELL OVER 12 HOURS!!!!!

This is a very impressive hotel in gorgeous grounds and prior to the experience at breakfast my partner and I were discussing the possibility of having our wedding there with both our families coming with us (that's how nice it is!!) BUT if they are so strict about food it made me think what other rules and regulations they might have and it gave me the impression that it was run with strict military precision and would be more like a concentration camp than a hotel!!!!

• Liked — The setting, it's beautiful!
  • Disliked — Strict rules and regulations and uncaring staff and management!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
6 Thank Mistyxx
Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

A very short stay for me (Sat-Mon) joining Turkish partner and son (9) who arrived on Weds; we all travelled by coach from Ankara to Dalaman (c. 10 hours but only YTL 40 each way, the hotel is a shortish, and negotiable, cab ride away from the coach stop -- about 12 km – but I believe it offers transfers from the nearby Dalaman airport).

We chose the venue on the basis of the water sports facilities and were not disappointed. The team down at the “wassersport” centre on the beach were supremely helpful and professional. Suat (whose German wife Peggy keeps an imperturbable watch over all and sundry, always remaining cool) gave my other half catamaran training lessons, after which he was able to go out unaccompanied (though he chose to sail with one of his cat course mates -- a Hungarian). Meanwhile Birol taught young Deniz and I windsurfing, we took group courses (€130 for kids, €150 for adults as I remember: 5 hours tuition + 5 hours solo board time) but I expect one-one-one training could be arranged.

All the sports staff speak fluent German and Turkish, with a spattering of English (most notably by Peggy). I had few problems understanding what to do (or not to do!) during my lessons, since it was far easier for all concerned to demonstrate problems or solutions rather than merely explain the technicalities. Deniz obtained an international junior license at the end of his course (an extra €30), but my stay wasn’t quite enough to squeeze the training in.

Deniz made firm friends with Birol’s son Özcan so we had little need of other entertainment beyond the windsurfing (or plain “surf” in Turkish -- no tides, no “real” surfing) and the sea so can’t give much feedback on the kids disco (other than the difficulty of having a phone conversation nearby!). There was no holiday rep from our tour company at the hotel, but that suited us fine. We were up at 9, then active all day and sank into dreamless sleep by 10:30 at the latest each evening after dinner and a stroll (we did need the air con though). Our room was comfortably big enough to fit Deniz’s single as well as our double. Power shower was wonderful and bathroom was sleek and modern.

There were several lifeguards on duty at the (blue flag) beach, which although dark sanded was remarkably clean of refuse and, even more pleasingly, sea urchins. The water sports centre provided footwear and surf vests to keep tender feet and hides safe from the elements.
As for the rest, the food was far better than we had expected, with a good variety of dishes available at each meal every day. It was also good to see a dress code enforced that meant no bikinis at brekkie or thongs at dinner.

Our room and the facilities in general were immaculate and it was nice to see such attention given to the environment (separate bins for different rubbish types throughout much of the site). The gardens were well-managed and cleverly matched to the local conditions, I was also pleased to see identifying tags (in several languages) for many of the shrubs, which ranged from giant sculptural Aloes to small potted “firecracker plants”. The whole place had a distinctly tropical feel.

I’m not normally a fan of the “alles inclusive” holidays, nor of chain hotels, but the Sarıgerme Iberotel’s sensitive setting, wonderfully attentive staff, mature grounds and generally pleasant atmosphere really made a fantastic impression. A second visit is well within the realms of possibility.

Best moment: finally starting to nail (in a very amateurish fashion) windsurfing, while watching Birol and Fuat (resident kite surfer) race across the water in front of me.

NOTE for Turks: Although we are based in Ankara we booked through the UK Thompson’s, the rates being far more favourable than those offered for the same period by the Turkish operator ETS Tur…

• Liked — It's supreme cleanliness and the staff's politeness
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank HVCS
Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2007

I went this hotel two times, first with only my husband ond second with my 3 years old son. I recomended all my friends and also they liked so much...
I think this hotel is so comfortable for children: Children menu before adults service, kids disco, kids club, sand beach, pools, evening shows... If you say, they meet all the needs for the babies not only carriage, heater, diafon but also hot milk in the bar :)
Besides I really liked the meals and very very delicious Turkish foods.
In addition, the area is full of trees, flowers and grass. Climate is very nice that you don't need the climates even in August at nights.

• Liked — Sutibla for children and delicious foods.
  • Disliked — No aquapark or slide in the pools for teenagers
  • Stayed June 2005, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Nesrin A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
Rixos Premium Gocek
#2 of 17 in Gocek
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
TUI MAGIC LIFE Sarigerme
Robinson Club Sarigerme Park

Been to TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park? Share your experiences!