“Fantastic family holiday!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I was very worried about going to
this hotel after reading some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, all I can say is these people either stayed at a different hotel or have nothing better to do than bloody moan!

We stayed in a suite for 10 days, it was perfect. Set in quiet, beautiful maintained gardens with 3 relax pools- it was lovely. The air-conditioning was brilliant, no noise just lovely welcoming cool air. The suite was immaculate and very clean with plenty of towels, and the maid came everyday, we had clean bedding 3 times. I took my own travel kettle as there were none supplied which wasn't a problem, and the hairdryer was a bit rubbish but it didn't spoil my holiday. The food was plentiful, you just couldn't starve here, there was always something lovely to eat, all fresh, tasty, such a vast choice, from healthy options to delicious desserts, there was a theme night on occasions and Turkish cuisine was served most nights which was delicious. Lunch time choices were brilliant too and I just couldn't find fault, the staff work very hard to replenish food and to keep food areas clean. The queues for some food items were only 3 or 4 people deep so no long waits as some have described. My only gripe was other guests not using the hand gels on entrance to the restaurant areas. The beer is not watered down, it is typical local beer, cheap yes but not watered down. It's not strong beer, if you want premium beer or alcohol then play premium prices and stay at the Hilton next door. Why would you want to get "wasted" at a family hotel anyway? The spirits are fine, I couldn't tell the difference between the white rum they served and the brand I drink in the UK. The soft drinks are all branded though ie Fanta etc. drinks are available from 10 am till midnight, could you really drink anymore? The entertainment team are amazing, they work tirelessly, Smithy is so funny, if you like Peter Kay you will love this guy, the kids and adults love him! The newest recruit is Stevie, what a scream! You will find Stevie's package in the Adult bar (kids can go in) each night for quiz and games shows, it's brilliant and after a day of family entertainment he is a blessing for the grown ups, his humour is just enough to bounce over the kids heads. He is truly brilliant at what he does! The kids clubs are top class, there are so many through the day. The staff are very dedicated and welcoming. My son went off to many of the sessions and learned lots of new skills like snorkelling, he had an amazing time. He also did the football academy. I highly recommend this for any kids going, my sons not the best player but he likes to kick a ball and he gained lots of confidence from the experience. The coaches were great guys, really good fun. The hotel is immaculate, I have never been to such a clean hotel. There is never litter, you will see staff working till late at night cleaning toilets etc, the staff were so friendly, so welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. The waiter in the adult bar always topped our drinks up just before midnight. I never queued for anything at the HV. I never met a rude member of staff, I only witnessed a few guests being rude and discourteous to the staff, shame on them. The pool was shut once whilst I was there and that was at 5:30 in the evening. We think it was closed due to the cleaning process. This place is a fantastic family holiday destination, I would love to come back here, it is one of the best holidays I have ever been on. I just truly cannot understand why anyone would moan. Do not listen to the negative reviews!!! Ps some of the guests I met here and became
friends with did have "tattoos"wouldn't they be? Get a life, don't judge people by thebody art!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Laurawise1
There are newer reviews for Holiday Village Turkey Hotel

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Good points:
fab pools
lovely food
great maid service Fatima and friend
lovely hard working staff
great speed boat rides booked from main at pool
beautiful kittens lol
nice little village, very cheap to eat or buy from supermarkets
Great air con
ok basic rooms
Fantastic idea was a swap box! Brilliant!!!!

Bad points:
sun bed reserving from 4am!!!!! really!!!!!!
drunk teenagers running around being abusive and crying??
loud cockneys all over
manic dining room, only served a drink twice in a fortnight, try to get a seat outside if poss
pool closed 5 times in 2 weeks for poo's yak!! apparently people where doing it on there last day for a laugh!!!! Funny NOT as it had to be closed for 4 hours!!!!
Nothing at all wrong a very nice place just the silly loud people there.

1  Thank bonflipinjour
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel was amazing, we loved every bit of our holiday and could not fault it. The hotel was kept beautifully clean and tidy, the staff are always willing to help, restaurant and food was fantastic. The entertainment team were brilliant and the kids club my children loved. We had a suite and I would recommend these rooms as very spacious. The only down side was we had to come home. We would love to return to this fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Suite in the 4000 area. Also if booking trips use Basket Travel so much cheaper than the reps at ho...
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 7 days here and can say its a fantastic place to holiday loads of pools and children's entertainment also lots of excursions only stones throw away I'd recommend panda tours in the village . Staff at the hotel are exceptional love children make you feel soooo welcome food was fantastic lots of choice !! Spa is a must too had a hamam and massage n facial never felt so relaxed ever loved it . Had our 18month with us in one of the suites had a cot etc beautiful scenery and amazing cleaning ladies namly ummu she's a star. Will not disappoint you it's very very clean an very very hot sand on beach is boiling in day take care para sailing is a must too can book by pools !! Absolutely loved it here ignore bad reviews Ice cream is to die for too sooooo tasty x hope this helps perfect hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Danni M
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just got back from holiday village with my family (3 kids aged-2,4,9) was a fabulous holiday. Was worried about the heat but the cool breeze and the amazing choice of swimming pools kept us cool. Being all inclusive we only spent money at the market buying cheap fake designer clothes and bags. The room was spacious and clean the downstairs apartments have tiled floor did get slippery when wet but air conditioned and tv with bbc news and cartoon network. Jucazzi bath was lovely. Missed having a kettle in the room thou. There was a small fridge available. The hair dryer was crap def take ur own. Don't bother taking towels u get tokens to get beach towels and save space in ur case. Restaurant was great lots of choice freshly made omelettes, pancakes and eggs (no bacon) kids choices not great thou. Lunch at Bar area near pool was deliicious . You may want to take ur own mug with u teacups size of egg cups! Staff very friendly and reps and entertainment was superb..smithy was a legend! Very funny shows and lots of day time activities the beach was crap horrible sand which was scorching hot and nothing there. Check out pancake shack and toasties in chill out bar

1  Thank clarelucyking
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay with my husband and 3 children (10, 7 and 3).

Plus points first - children's entertainment and clubs were fantastic and all our children enjoyed them, hotel was very clean and pools and hotel grounds were really lovely. Pancakes from the pancake house were fantastic. the in house doctors service was very good - both my son and I needed medical treatment whilst we were there. Short transfer from the airport, which was good especially arriving at night.

Negatives - would not recommend this hotel for families of 5 as the rooms are tiny - we had three sofa beds for our children which pretty much went wall to wall and we had to climb over the beds to get to the balcony. On arrival at 3am we didn't even have the 5th bed in our room so our daughter had to sleep with us. First choice reps not the most helpful (!!!)- when I complained about the room they offered no options even though I was aware of other families being offered better rooms after us. Asked to move to the Hilton next door and I was told there were no rooms available by First choice, which I later found out was incorrect when we went to book there for next year! The bed was so uncomfortable and both my husband and I hae returned with bad backs after having very little sleep for 2 weeks. The air conditioning was no better than a normal fan and so we needed to sleep with wet towels in order to cool down. If we wanted a sunbed next to a pool (essential with a 3 year old non-swimmer) we had to get up before 5am to get beds. The pool was shut 5 times whilst we were there because of poo in the pool and remained so for 6 hours at a time. The food was ok but not the best (Stayed at Suntopia Pegasos World last year and the food was much better which is surprising given the Suntopia brand). The food options for the kids were minimal. Drinks were massively watered down and even the entertainment staff made regular jokes about this - not what you expect when you have spent £5,000 on a holiday!

I wouldn't class this hotel as 4 star and it was the first holiday I have been on where I've actually been pleased to be going home! That said, my children had a lovely time which is the most important thing and the weather was lovely. I hadn't gone on this holiday expecting the world but was still disappointed

Room Tip: Would not stay here if you are a family of 5 - we were apparently in the biggest room in the hotel a...
3  Thank mw19802013
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed at HV Turkey for 10 nights in August. Before going was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. Needn't have worried. Overall had a fantastic holiday, weather was hot but bearable. Several reviews have complained about attitude of staff but we found staff to be friendly and helpful -I think it helps if you remember your manners! Several times we saw people taking them for granted eg, "beer". With no please or thank you! Staff at the hotel work tirelessly none more so than those responsible for keeping the place clean and tidy which is no mean feat given the size of the hotel and some people who can't be bothered to pick up after themselves. Bins located everywhere for recycling plastics etc and putting in dirty dishes.

As for hygiene, all toilets were spotless with hand sanitisers etc (also sanitisers outside restaurants) shame not everybody uses them or washes their hands!!! Our biggest gripe was that the main pool was closed three or four times during our stay for unidentified floating objects. Parents, please use swimming nappies! Announcements were regularly made to this effect by the reps. Rumour that adults were in fact responsible for the ufos as a prank on their last day did circulate. Not sure i believe this but who knows!

Talking of pools, there are several ranging from the busier activity pool and the slide pool to smaller quieter pools for those who would rather this. Lots of activities for all the family ongoing throughout the day at the main pool. Sun loungers were a bit of an issue if you wanted to be right by the pool (full by about 6:30) but plenty of loungers around the place overall.

Food: Main restaurant was carnage- feeding time at the zoo. The quality of food did vary but plenty of choice. I found the food ok but my wife and 9 year old daughter are a bit fussier so didn't enjoy as much. Food available throughout the day from various places and toasties at the beach/chill out bar were a favourite of my daughter. Lot of stray cats around the complex but if you left them alone they stayed away. We did see some children cuddling them etc - a word of advice, encourage your children NOT to do this as one couple we met had an experience at a different hotel in Turkey where their daughter was bitten and had to have rabies treatment. We decided not to visit the a la carte restaurants. We started to book but you had to order in advance and the children's menu was rubbish eg at the Turkish restaurant there was a choice of penne pasta, chicken nuggets etc so we decided to give it a miss. This is the third HV we have visited and a la carte is always a let down. First Choice should quit playing at a la carte. Either do it properly or not at all!!

We did the Dalyan discovery excursion mud baths/rock tombs/turtle beach and had a fab time. Sugar the guide was excellent. Very knowledgeable and helpful - they did throw in a not advertised trip to a carpet centre which turned out to be really interesting (prices of the carpets even more interesting!). Would highly recommend this trip.

Some of the above sounds negative but overall we had a great time. We have visited HV's at Lanzarote and Menorca and this was by far the best. There is not a lot in the resort itself but the village folk are a good crack and not too pushy with the sales. Good pint in the Son of the North Bar.

First Choice reps also work very hard to ensure everyone is entertained all day and evening. Evening entertainment for the kids is great at the main venue - not so much for the adults but there is the adult bar with Stevie which is great. Kids are allowed here but some of the jokes are perhaps not appropriate so it's your choice!

We would certainly return to HV Turkey.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5008 which was a suite separate from the main block. Would recommend this as it wa...
3  Thank Tm19792013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI Family Life Tropical Resort
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
TUI BLUE Sarigerme Park
#2 of 10 in Sarigerme
Rixos Premium Gocek
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
TUI MAGIC LIFE Sarigerme
Robinson Club Sarigerme Park

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Hotel? Share your experiences!