“Great stay, hotel let down by guests and small things!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This has the potential to be an amazing hotel. Everything that you really need is in place but the hotel is let down by a small number of things.
Firstly the standard of guests is really strange. There were a minority of yobs who seemed to think that they and their children own the hotel and can do anything they want. To see the 2 main pools closed because a child used the pool as a bathroom is not ok. And this happened on more than one occasion on our stay. The same guests are rude to the staff and generally behave as obnoxiously as possible. They really take away from the atmosphere of the hotel.
Secondly the things the hotel could improve on: the biggest let down was the room cleaning. Our room was very rarely cleaned because they called at the exact time that we went up for a nap before dinner. Cleaning a room in a hotel at 4pm is not really okay in my opinion. Also the hotel really need to sort out the staff in the Spa. We enjoyed a lovely treatment here and came out to be told we needed x,y and z done during our stay. We politely declined and left it at that, but the relaxed feeling had definitely been ruined. Then every day they approach you around the pools pushing treatments on you. My problem is I expect that at the market or in the town but not when I'm relaxing at the pool. These seem like small gripes but they really take away from the experience of the hotel.
The good parts though far outweigh the bad. The staff are lovely, be it the Turkish staff or the kids club staff. Josh from the kids club was great with my eldest and she was sad to have to say good bye! The food was a little up and down but all in all was a good standard and selection buffet. If you want a relaxing ffamily holiday with plenty to do this is for you.

1  Thank leavser
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

• Dear Leavser,
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to share your holiday experience on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear our staff delivering our high standard service.
Holiday Village, during high season serves 500 rooms and the maids work throughout the day to clean all the rooms, it is invitable that some rooms will be cleaned later in the afternoon. If you want an early cleaning to accomodate your childrens’ nap time, please let the reception team know that you want your cleaning at a certain time and we will do our best to meet your request.
I have made a note of your other comments, thank you for recommending us.
We hope to see you once again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We traveled as a party of 8. 3 adults and 5 children (1,6,11,14 and 15). We arrived after a 25 minute coach journey from Dalaman airport and was checked in very quickly. We had 2 rooms between our party of 8 which were family rooms. The rooms were beautifully decorated and great for us. We went to all of the a la carte restaurants, our favorite was the Turkish and our least favorite was the Chinese. We had a little confusion booking the world grill restaurant as it ended up being in the Tropical hotel. The buffet restaurant was good, always different selections to choose from. There was also always someone there to clean up and take your plate etc. The pools are great as they cool you down which is definitely needed only problem was the grounds were very slippy beside them, but there is a load of signs to say that. The entertainment at night for kids was brilliant and also good entertainment at the pool bar for adults. The maids were lovely, every time you walk past you get a smile and hello, only thing about the maids is sometimes you dont get your room cleaned until about half 4, 5. We found the reps were brilliant with the kids in kids club also 1 rep helped us with our world grill confusion which was very nice of him. The Turkish staff were fabulous especially the lobby bar staff would speak to you and also the men in the market were helpful and not pushy. We overall love this hotel and didn't want to come home. We would definitely come back!!

• Dear Sulleyman M,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post such a through and fantastic review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you had a “super holiday” at the Holiday Village. That is what we thrive to deliver to our guests. I read your comment about how much you enjoyed the entertaintment, the kids club and appreciated the hardworking housekeeping department. One note for your next visit: during our peak season the room cleaning in some blocks does take place late in the afternoon. If you want an early cleaning, please let the reception team know that you want your cleaning at a certain time and we will do our best to meet your request.
Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to seeing you on your second visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We travelled with a 20 month and 5 year old in the first 2 weeks of June. We had a newly refurbished Suite. This was just okay, not of a very high standard really. the shower was broken, the air con broken and the sofa bed smelt of wee. The cleaning of the room is probably the worst we have had from a 4 star. Rooms were never cleaned before 5pm which was very annoying with 2 kids to get ready for tea. There was glasses/crockery left outside our rooms for days. Floor was never mopped for 11 days in our room. Food was okay, very varied and of quite a good standard however the main buffet restaurant was manic! No organisation more like a canteen, too many people and a lack of 'clean' tables. Evening entertainment was very poor, in fact we were bored stiff most nights. Even the kids entertainment was poor, the kids seemed to be just stood around watching the reps talk and didn't really understand half the time what was going on. More dancing for the kids needed to tire them out! We have visted a few of the holiday villages and this was unfortunately not the best. Many pool closures due to soiling in the pools which we have never experienced before, it seemed to be a daily thing. The grounds were nice, the pancake house nice Quite a lot of very bad language around the pools in front of the kids, loads of smokers around the entrance which you had to talk past daily and all in all just a little too butlins for us.

4  Thank jollyhols2828
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

• Dear Jollyhols2828,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Village. I would like to highlight few points you have mentioned and I believe it will be handy for our future guests who are planning to come to Holiday Village and following our replies from Trip Advisor.
Our staff are all working hard to deliver good service and we do not always get it right. That’s why we have our Public Relations team in place. If you do experience any issues whilst on holiday, talk to us and give us an opportunity to make it right for you.
I am sorry to read that you were not happy with the housekeeping service. We usually receive very good feedback about our high standards of cleanliness. There are stands for people to place the glasses and plates on rather than leave them on the floor outside the rooms. These should be emptied at certain times during the day. I will follow this in the future more carefully.
It is true that the rooms are not cleaned till late in the afternoon at peak times of the hotel. If you call the reception and request an early clean, I think it would have served your needs.
I have not read in your review if you tried our 4 A La Carte options but I was glad you discovered the “yummy” pancakes at the snack bar.
From time to time, due to careless parents, we do have to close the pools for health and safety reasons. We strictly follow health and safety rules and regulations regarding pool closures. Thank you for your understanding.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the grounds. We are proud of the effort the groundkeepers put in.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived at 3pm on Monday 9th June. Two adults and 2 kids aged 7 and 9. We we stayed at holiday village Majorca last year and loved it. Our room was small but ok. Good air conditioning and a balcony on ground floor looking at well kept gardens. BAD POINTS..The pool area is like an ice rink! Only one of the kids pools had matting to make it safe. We saw loads of kids slip. Some really hurt themselves. We made ours wear rubber sole beach shoes. Whoever designed the pool areas needs shooting! One more bad point...why is the ice cream only available between 3pm and 5pm? In Majorca it was all day, with a selection of lollys.
The soccer academy is ok. Shane is a really good kids coach. Kieran is good too. Only thing is that they take a lot of breaks due to heat and talk a lot. Let the kids play!!,
The kids club are well run and offer a varity of activities all day. The reps work really hard and I take my hat off to them.
My son aged 7 had never swam before. I got him a one to one lesson with Dean fro Bristol and after 30 mins he was swimming by himself. To say I was emotional is an understatement. Top swimming coach that boy. My son loved it.
The food is great. How anyone complains is beyond me. 3 al carte restaurants and a massive buffet. Loved the fresh fish by the pool with rice and salad.
Night time entertainment was good for the kids but please drop the bingo! We left at this point.
We loved the spa centre. We all had the most amazing massages...even the kids. Really good value.
Hotel shops are cheap...not much difference than the village. No hassle either.
All in all we had a great time and our thanks go to all the staff and reps who work really hard all day.
Williams family
Antrim

Room Tip: Get a room facing the gardens for less noise
1  Thank Simon W
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

• Dear Simon W,

Lots of Wows… What a great review. It was a great positive summary of the type of holiday we offer at the Holiday Village.
We do have non-slip tiling around the pool area as well as non slip carpeting around the slide pools. In addition, there are clear signs posted all around the pool area advising of slippery surfaces. We will be extending more non slip tiling around the snack area over the winter ready for next summer. Meanwhile we continue advising guests to wear suitable footwear around the pools in general, thank you for highlighting this.
We hope to see you once again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We decided to come here after researching tens of different places, but eventually settled. My mum, step dad and younger sister and I thoroughly(sister 6, I was 13)enjoyed it. We met so many lovely people.
Good points,
-reps are brilliant, child friendly and kept both of us entertained
- i5live show is great, if a little repetitive, but kept the youngest happy.
- adult bar was very good, my parents enjoyed it, I only understood a few jokes, they went straight over my sister's head.
- I'd recommend going into Sarigerme, 15 lira, or there abouts, for a taxi into the town. Taxi men are friendly and love telling you about their family, but still do the job.
- there's a street bar with a pool, can't think of the name, but is a must to visit. They put the foam machine on for us and another family.
- also the Dolphin bar, if like us you're craving a bit of bacon, they have reasonable prices and good food!
- kids clubs were also brilliant, range of activities, but again a little repetitive, but you can't really complain.
-chocolate party wasn't too bad, I wasn't massively fussed,but it's the age. My sister loved it.
- poolside entertainment wasn't too bad, daily quiz, so don't forget pens (paper is supplied) and music is fine, but is often played more than twice a day.
- our suit was lovely, overlooked a pool, but we never went. Air conditioning was quite loud in the main bedroom, but kept us cool. I found the bath a little disgusting, but we only showered.
- restaurant food is also repetitive, but if you're cooking for thousands of people what do you expect? Lovely all the same.
- pancakes were AMAZING! Pancake lady speaks little English, but found ourselves going to get some almost every day.
- when we went last august the wifi wasn't great, but, once again, hundreds of people using it.
Overall great hotel.
Bad points, only a few

-you do need to get up fairly early for your sunbeds, but it is a nice place to take a walk in the morning, although my step dad did it, haha.
-the bar men speak limited English, but know what to do. Not really a complaint, same with restaurant staff.
- floor is quite slippy, just need to make sure you tell your littles ones daily to NOT RUN, IT IS SLIPPY! But they will ignore you no doubt.
Not much else, we're returning in August this year- can't wait!
Thought you might like a teens' view.

• Stayed: August 2013
11  Thank caitlinedens0

• Dear Caitlinedens0,

I definately really did appreciate a teen`s view! Thank you Caitlin for taking the time and posting it on Trip Advisor.
I was glad to read that you enjoyed your newly refurbished, cool room. Yes, the pancake lady is really very good. You obviously have great taste! The Kids Club always gets a lot of brownie points. I was happy to see the trend continues.
I was pleased that you went into town and are encouraging others to do so as well.
We do have non-slip tiling around the pool area as well as non slip carpeting around the slide pools. In addition, there are clear signs posted all around the pool area advising of slippery surfaces. We will be extending more non slip tiling around the snack area over the winter ready for next summer. Meanwhile we continue advising guests to wear suitable footwear around the pools in general. Thank you for highlighting this.
Your return in August says it all. Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed in a group of 4 adults and 3 children. Obviously had 2 different rooms. My family of 4 had a suite. And the other family had a standard room. Shocked to discover though that they actually had a twin room? And had to put their beds together! Wouldn't say there was a lot of difference at all between suites and rooms except the main bedroom doors can be closed. (Which we never did anyway as kids are by the back door to balcony!) Massive gap of at least 1inch under front door too which we had to cover at night for fear of creepy crawlies! Air con units were rubbish and air con a lot better in standard rooms.
Cleaning....most days we left the room at 9am but when returning briefly at 3/4pm, rooms hadnt been cleaned. Very basic cleaning. Beds made.
As previously mentioned, pool is ridiculously slippery and needs sorting asap. Saw so many accidents and is pure luck that the accidents were not more serious.
Large choice of pools, never struggled for sunbeds (June 13-24) and put towels out about 7am. One of my issues was that we always felt we were miles from a toilet? Especially with young children who don't always give you much warning! Think that there is definitely scope for extra blocks.
Food was varied and fresh. However we were disappointed in the al a cartes. Glad we
didn't pay for those.
Kids (aged 3/4/6) loved kids club, varied and fun activities. However, very draining queuing up! For a session that starts at 2.30 (probably the most popular day session) you would have to queue from about 2 to definitely get in. Very difficult when you have 2 kods clubs to queue for at the same time. Many occasions they didn't get in.
Entertainment I have to say is probably the biggest let down. Absolutely terrible. Does not even compare to Thomson Family Resorts! Very shoddy cabaret! Kids evening entertainment was great. Just adult wise, there was nothing to watch! Daytime entertainment is also rubbish unless you are sat at the main part if the big pool.
Staff hardly speak English which is a bit annoying to be honest! Even reception staff had difficulty understanding very basic requests.
Hotel shops way over priced. For example, big packet of Walkers crisps 7TL but in village,2TL?!!!!
Overall the holiday was
enjoyable and we all had a great time. There are just a
few issues that need to be addressed.
Spa was lovely. Had turkish bath/scrub. However the guy selling needs to be retrained. Pushy and at times rude. Very nearly didn't bother based purely on his attitude!
Highly recommend taking up the opportunity to have family photography done. Very good indeed and reasonably priced. You are
not pressured to buy at all but be warned....you will!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kerry L

• Dear Kerry L,

I was glad to read that you had an enjoyable holiday and good experience with the main restaurant, the lovely spa, the irresistable photos taken by the photographer and your excursion to town.
Thank you for sharing your concern about the pool side. We do have non-slip tiling around the pool area as well as non slip carpeting around the slide pools. In addition, there are clear signs posted all around the pool area advising of slippery surfaces. We will be extending more non slip tiling around the snack area over the winter ready for next summer. Meanwhile we continue advising guests to wear suitable footwear around the pools in general.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
We hope to see you once again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Out first family holiday with my 6 month old & what a holiday it was had an amazing time hotel was brilliant staff are very helpful and reps were also very good...especially when my little one bumped her head and we took her to the doctors the reps and staff made sure that we were okay and had everything we needed...my second time to the hv and again loved every minute of it..it's not everyone's cup of tea but it is mine...brilliant family holiday made special by the staff,reps & the friends we made along the way I am sure we will go back in the feature so until next I will remember the amazing memories we have made xxx

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Amylizrob

• Dear Amylizrob,

I was glad to read your amazing holiday review. We all work very hard to ensure our guests’ holiday expectations are met. I was happy to read that nothing serious happened with your baby and you received full support both from the hotel staff and the reps.
We hope to see you again. Thank you for your valuable time and posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Holiday Village Turkey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI Family Life Tropical Resort
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Dolphin Apart & Hotel
Dolphin Apart & Hotel
#3 of 12 in Sarigerme

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Hotel? Share your experiences!