“Bigger is not always better!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We returned yesterday from a two week holiday here, a family of four with two boys aged 3 and 7. Overall had a good time, but this is our third HV and we didn't think it was as good as Kos as it is too big.

Hotel is lovely and clean and grounds are beautiful. We stayed in a Kids Den which is nicely decorated. We requested a top floor room and were disappointed to be on the ground floor. There are no Kids Dens on the 3rd floor, not mentioned at time of booking! Layout of the hotel is two long corridors, 3 storeys high. If you are on the ground floor you get a lot of noise from inconsiderate guests!

Local staff were a real asset, hardworking and helpful. First Choice staff also work incredibly hard. Evening entertainment was painful! Outsourced acts were excellent but otherwise got very tired of 'Singing from a decade' and then another game show!! The amphitheatre is too big and the personalities were not big enough to fill it.

Sunbeds were only a problem if you wanted to be in a particular spot, it amazes me that some people do not move from the same place for 2 weeks!!

Food at breakfast and evening was very good, we are not picky eaters and enjoyed a lot of the local dishes. Lunch time we didn't think was good enough. Ice cream service was extended during our stay.

Kids Club was fantastic we had a Superstar and a Little Star and both boys really enjoyed several activities, including one Chocolate Party. ALso Football and Swim Academy were enjoyable, though I do think 2 hours football is slightly too long in the heat.

We like to do things and explore rather than just stick in the same place. We visited the Spa and my husband and I had the Bronze package on the 2nd day this was £90 for both of us and well worth it. They also took care of the kids for free - giving them bubble massages, chocolate face masks and fish feet. My husband followed this up with 3 medical massages each 45 mins for £75 total, very good value.

We did the Dalyan 3 in 1 trip with Basket Travel for £50 (small kids go free and under 8s half price) this was a superb trip and the guide Ken was superb. I am massively interested in Geography and he was really informative and interesting. We also did the Eco Jeep trip with them, be warned you will get continually drenched on this trip, it was enjoyable but not as good as the Dalyan.

We also booked a two hour speed boat trip and parasailing with watersports guys on the beach - fantastic trip £100 for both activities for the whole family.

The beach is not really suitable for little ones, you cant dig there due to the turtles and it is too pebbly for access.

Overall, we did feel a little claustrophobic on this trip as it is difficult to get anywhere with little ones other than organised trips. Hotel is a 20 min walk from Sarigerme, we did visit here twice but not a lot going on.

And whilst we like the concept of HV Im afraid we don't like a lot of the people it attracts. We are not snobs, just hardworking professional people. We don't drink all day, stay up late and neglect our children to play all day on I-pads etc.... We also don't take a tribe on holiday with us. Our next holiday will not be a HV.

4  Thank ManchesterBoo
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear ManchesterBoo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. The Turkey Holiday Village is the biggest of all the Holiday Villages with a total of 500 family rooms and that means a capacity of 1800 guests, so yes it does get busy and does not suit everyone, this information is available to you at the time of booking. Its great to read that you appreciated our hardworking staff and the overall cleanliness of the hotel, everyone works hard to ensure you enjoy your holiday. I have taken note of some of your other comments, I am pleased to read your children enjoyed the kids club.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We flew from Manchester on Saturday 26th July with Thomson however holiday booked online with First Choice. The plane was on time and got us to Turkey in approx 4 hours. Our bags were off in no time then we left for the coaches. The reps aren't allowed into the terminal building but there was a team outside to head us in the right direction. Once on our coach it was a 20 minute journey to the hotel.
Check in was quick considering there was a full coach checking in. We left our bags which were taken to our rooms for us (about half an hour later) and headed downstairs to the main eating area as the late night snacks were on ( 11.30pm-12.30am). We were pleasantly surprised at the food on offer considering how late it was. We decided to walk off the food so wandered into the unknown. As it was very dark, and had no idea we somehow managed to end up in the Tropical hotel next door. This kept us amused for quite sometime, especially walking into reception thinking "this looks different to earlier" and "are their wristbands different to ours" and I'm now laughing out loud as I write this. After realising we had ventured next door we quickly headed back with a sigh of relief as we entered the correct reception. I really don't know how we managed it, but we did!
We headed to our room (4029) which was a ground floor double and I can safely say, it's the nicest room I've ever stayed in abroad. They've really done a great job with the rooms and we loved the doors separating the sofas/sofa beds and bedroom. The only things that let it down were the bathroom floor tiles but that's no big deal (left original tiles in a modern bathroom) and the paper thin walls (you can hear everything and people have a tendency to slam the doors). Other than these 2 minor niggles you can't fault them. The air con is heavenly and having a mini fridge at an all inclusive is unusual but brilliant!
After a decent nights sleep we headed down to breakfast and again, we weren't disappointed with the selection on offer. After a bite to eat we went to the welcome meeting and although I understand why they do it, it's just a sales pitch for excursions with little information on the hotel/resort/local area. We had other family heading to the resort a day or 2 after us so didn't book anything until they arrived and opted for the Eco Adventure and the 1/2 day turtle watch trip.
The Eco Adventure is easily the best excursion we have ever been on. Such a simple idea but great fun and brings out the child in everyone. I won't tell you too much as it will spoil it, but if you don't mind getting wet, sorry soaked and like a laugh then make sure you book it! From one extreme to the other, we were disappointed with the 1/2 day turtle trip and having spoken to people who did the full dalyan ultimate trip we should have gone on that one. We couldn't fault seeing the turtles in their natural habitat and visiting the rescue centre and the hard work the volunteers put in but sadly the 90 year old coach let it down and felt the day dragged towards the end. Apparently the ultimate excursion is on an air conditioned coach, you visit a market, stop for lunch etc.
Now to the pool. Fantastic selection of pools, just a shame that the main pool was shut 10 days out of the 14. I'm not going to go on about that bit too much as the more publicity these idiots get the more I feel they've won what they set out to achieve. We spent most of our time in the jacuzzi pool which was luckily never targeted. The only other thing that let it down was the sunbed situation. Now I'm fully aware people get up early and reserve sun beds but this was by far the worst I've encountered. To think people are getting up at about 4am uk time when they are supposedly on holiday is just madness, and hogging 8 beds all day along with a parasol when you're not there all day is just selfish! Luckily we managed to get a subbed every day but only just. If you try and find one after 9.30 then you'd need all the luck you can get! Other than this the pools here are lovely along with the surroundings. They really do look after the grounds and the hotel staff really go the extra mile.
The queues for drinks seem to go down pretty quickly and we never had any bother ordering more than 2 drinks at a time. I'm not sure the drinks were watered down, I think it was more a case that the gas/syrup had gone. Couldn't fault the beer and felt the selection on offer was adequate for all inclusive.
Visited the pancake house on a few occasions, they're absolutely delicious! Also noticed the lady making them throughout the whole day was the lady who made my omelette for breakfast that morning. The staff here don't stop! Not sure why people have said they are rude and speak poor English?! We couldn't fault them!
Food throughout the day was fine, we alternated between toasties at the chill out bar and food from the main bar. Wide selection on offer, again, no complaints!
Ice cream is served between 3pm-5pm every day at the ice cream hut. These were nice and we found after 4pm the queue was much shorter than when it opens.
We found the best time to eat was 8.30pm as it was much quieter at this time. There is so much food available to choose from! We didn't get bored of the food and found it was hot and tasty. We ate in all 4 of the a la carte restaurants and found that Saray was the best. Spice came in at second best. However the Italian was poor and the chillin grillin was dreadful. They totally messed up our order and I ended up walking out and just managed to catch the end of the food downstairs in the main buffet restaurant.
We visited all of the bars and found ourselves mainly in the reception bar or the chill out bar however the pool bar and entertainment looked good along with the main amphitheatre.
Other things we did-
Parasailing, fantastic and much cheaper than when we did it in Ibiza
Sarigerme town, a small and sleepy town but nice. Ate at the Dolphin restaurant which was lovely and had a few drinks there.

The airport is very expensive so bare this in mind. We only took sterling having read the reviews on here and would recommend that to people.

And to finish... Overall a great holiday, my first visit to Turkey and was that impressed that we have booked to go for 2 weeks next year staying next door (where we got lost) at the Tropical which is ran by Thomson and was a bit cheaper! Apparently they're doing it up and should be ready in May too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mtay9778

Dear mtay9778
Than you for taking the time to post your very detailed brilliant review following your recent holiday at the Holiday Village! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday and pleased to read that you have already booked to another one of our hotels in the group.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

First time at a holiday village and to be honest I expected more. I'm not sure what there is different from a holiday village compared to a standard All Inclusive hotel (apart from the price).

Anyway....
Hotel was clean (apart from the pool) and rooms of a good standard after the recent refurb.
Food is very average and repetitive. If you like chicken in oil or garlic you'll love it.
Entertainment was pretty poor and mostly the FC team. Don't expect professional acts every night.
The pool was closed on a daily basis due to a code brown.

Oh, and I didn't mention the fact my fourteen year old daughter was grabbed by one of the hotel staff and repeatedly asked for sex. He was eventually fired but I won't be surprised if this was only a temporary measure until we left.
Very definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank bluesp0nge

Dear bluesp0nge,
I am sorry to read the incident you say your daughter experienced on holiday. I know it was reported by you to us and investigated thouroughlly and that you were more than happy with the action we took.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My daughter booked one week at the Holiday Village and I was a little unsure - but the reviews were good. On arrival, again, I was a, little unsure by the hustle and bustle of the lobby area and nearby bar - but within an hour I was completely won over and, having spent a week at the Holiday Village with my extended family, I will certainly book again. The accommodation is excellent and the food quality outstanding. The pools, activities and excursions are amazing and all of the staff, without exception, are friendly and warm - this is a really great family resort (especially for the children - and young at heart!) but at the same time the resort has so much to offer in numerous ways. If I were to be overly critical, the early morning towel brigade need to 'get a life' (I know of residents who got up at 5am to lay towels on poolside beds) but that is the same everywhere and we 'chilled' while numerous people trooped out to the pool in the early hours of the morning.

A really great holiday - thank you so much Holiday Village - we will be back.

P

Room Tip: A room on the third floor is quieter - some of the ground floor rooms seem to attract noisy guests!!
7  Thank Pipmeistershaft

Dear Pipmeistershaft
Thank you for posting your amazing review! We are happy to read that you had a great holiday. We look forward to your return visit in the near future, thank you for recommending us.

Erol Akkuş

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just returned from a two week holiday to the holiday village in Turkey, I'll start with the good points:
First Choice Entertainment Team: these guys and girls were fantastic, really enthusiastic and worked tirelessly to ensure that the kids had a great holiday. My eldest daughter whose 10 has never gone to a kids club or joined in with any kids run activities on past holidays as she is quite shy, but decided to do a trial session of the Rookie Life Guards with Dean from the swim academy and was so impressed that she signed up for the course straight away and liked the team so much that she signed up for the football academy too!!! My youngest daughter attended kids club and booked in for a swimming lessons course - hats off to Tom and Dean from the swim academy and Shane from the football academy, these guys were amazing :-)))).
Rooms: Were modern and recently refurbished, however I thought that they were already looking a bit tired and the skirting board fell off on the first day!!!!!!! Cleaning was ok but there was a layer of dust by the end of the holiday where the sides hadn't been wiped down and the sheets had stains on which was a bit off putting. Noise in the corridors can be a pain especially when you have drunken morons returning to their rooms in the early hours who decide to shout rather than talk but that's not the hotels fault, more the clientele.
Food: breakfast was ok, freshly made omelettes, eggs etc but avoid the scrambled eggs as they were always cold!! Lunch was served at the snack bar outside and I found that there was plenty of choice, salads, jacket potatoes, pizza, chips, pasta dishes, cooked meals, plenty of choice, shame that the salad, dessert and fruit bars weren't covered over as always surrounded by wasps. Dinner in the main restaurant was ok, plenty of choice (not so much for younger fussier children) but very randomly set out so prepare yourself to be walking around a lot. Also, it's very noisy in the restaurant due to the acoustics which got on my nerves a bit.
Staff: very friendly and attentive and all spoke excellent English so no need to take your travel translation books ;-)))).
Pool area: Great, huge main pool and large water slide pool plus a selection of smaller and kids pools. Be prepared to get up very early to reserve sunbeds, we were setting the alarm for 6.30 to ensure getting beds under the canopy to ensure some shade for the children, for prime areas people were getting up at 4am, so be prepared. The flooring around the pool are is very very slippy when wet so be careful, also it gets so hot so make sure you don't forget to put your flip flops on when going anywhere to avoid burnt feet.

Now let me rant about the "pooing" in the pool. On arrival to our hotel room there was a letter from First Choice stating that there had been a number of pool closures due to pooing in the pool and made out that this was due to accidents by babies/toddlers and urging parents to ensure that little ones wear swim nappies. On the reverse of this letter was a letter from the hotel manager again saying about the pooing in the pool and some Facebook campaign by teenagers with their aim being to get the pools closed, well as you can imagine we didn't know what to expect. Well the main pool was closed 6 times and the water slide pool 2 times during out stay which was beyond a joke. Once out of the 8 times was this down to a toddler having an accident the other 7 times was down to disgusting idiotic teenagers thinking that it was big and clever to be pooing in the pool, sometimes collecting what they done from the toilet in a bag and then throwing it in the pool, DISGUSTING. Compliant after complaint was made to the hotel and first choice who both said that they were doing all they could, more CCTV and more patrols around the pool, but we only ever saw stepped up security after the event had happened, surely if more staff had been placed around the pool areas then this wouldn't continue to happen. Apparently this is something that has been happening at this resort for years so why is this still happening First choice seriously need to sort this out with the hotel and make sure this stops. Why should so many people have their holidays ruined because of mindless idiots, it is not on.

Goodness what the Turkish people think of the British when this is happening, and us British have a tendency to look down our noses at other nationalities!!!!!!!

This would have been a great holiday if it wasn't for the small minded idiots who should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Would not return to this hotel.

Louise, Bristol

4  Thank Louise J

Dear Louise J,
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your holiday. Regarding pool closures, we do not take the decision to close the pools in order to clean them lightly, we have increased our staffing and additional CCTV and continue to monitor the pools. I have read your comment about the room cleaning and wondered if you had reported this to anyone. I am pleased to read that your daughter enjoyed her swimming lessons.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The Holiday village is generally very clean and the grounds are really well maintained.
We generally enjoyed are stay here,but it was slightly ruined by the low life's staying here! There was loads of teenagers left to run riot and basically do what they wanted.It is unbelievable that they find it amusing to foul in the pools and this I believe gave me an ear infection plus bad stomach for a week from using the pools.I know it isn't the Hotels fault, but I do feel they could do more to stop this. Looking at the positions of the CCTV cameras, are they actually working?! Or are they just dummy cameras! The cameras aren't doing the job, so maybe they need security around the pools. I can't believe they let the teenagers eat their ice creams in the pools as well.
The staff were all generally very friendly
We stayed in one of the suites. These have been recently refurbished to a good standard.The air con. Worked well and the beds were comfortable.The room had a TV in both rooms, a fridge and a free safe. There is also Wi fi in the rooms.The main bedroom could do with more lighting as we found it very dark in the evening.The maid did an amazing job of cleaning the room, although I think it is poor that they don't clean the room on a Wednesday!
The food was generally very good in the buffet restaurant. There was plenty of choice at Breakfast and in the evening. You need to be careful not to sit under the Air con vents,as they condensate and water drips over your food!
The Lunch at the snack bar was not so good. There was limited choice and Flies all over the salad.I feel that they should do Lunch at the main restaurant with more choice
We eat at all four restaurants. I did't think the food was any good in any of them. I also didn't like the fact that you have to choose your meal on the computer at reception when you book your meal. I also don't like the fact that children are only offered junk food on the menu with no starter.when in the Turkish they brought our sons meal out when we were half way through the starter!When we eat out as a family, the children always have the same as us, not Burger and Chips!
It is good that the Hotel provides hand sanitiser at the entrance to the restaurants, although sadly there were many people not using it!
We had a Turkish bath and massage as a family. This was very good but ruined at the end by them trying to sell you more at the end
I feel that the Hotel needs more bars and bar staff. The cues for the bars were ridiculous and a lot of the time only 1 bar person serving!
The entertainment team worked hard and did a good job with keeping the guests entertained. The pool speaker system is a joke though! On the second week it started playing up and was unable to play a complete song without speakers cutting out for about 30 seconds at a time! This went on for the whole week and nothing was done about it.
We did the Aqua aerobics a few times. This was the worst I have ever done, it was impossible to do the moves at the speed you had to in the water. When you were just about to get into the work out, you then started the cool down!
My wife did Zumba a few times and said it was very good
I recommend anybody going takes out travel insurance with an excess waver, due to the amount of ear infections,due to the pool water quality. Three people out of our group of eight got ear infections. This is the first time we have had infections as well!
We used the Doctors within the hotel and found that they provided an excellent service and were very thorough
We booked a jeep safari through Basket travel, unfortunately my son and I were too ill with bad stomachs to go, but my wife and other Son enjoyed it
I went to Holiday village Cyprus last year. I would say this one is better, but won't be returning to another Holiday Village again!

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank ccm35m

Dear ccm35m,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor, I am pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel and the overall cleanliness. We do have CCTV cameras in place that our working, teenagers eating ice cream in the pool, I wonder where the parents were? Our job as the hotel is to ensure guests are safe in the pool and remind parents it is their responsibility to look after their children on holiday. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the entertainment, I have made note of all of your comments thank you. For any future guests reading my replies on Trip Advisor if you experience any issues whilst on holiday please let us know, we will do our best to rectify. Holiday Village Cyprus is actually a 5 star hotel, we are 4 star.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Transfers good, flights a nice time. Rooms dim but not a bad size (there were 3 of us) Local staff rude, cleaners have no idea how to clean your rooms, have no English understanding and the poo in the pool was the icing on the cake - 7 out of our 11 night stay!
The entertainment team worked hard although I'm not keen on the guest being the source of family entertainment shows. Only 3 outside acts visited during our stay and were all good. The variety of food was good and plentiful although became tiresome but all inclusive tends to! There was barely any waiter service, it was a bit hit and miss. The complex in general was kept clean and the day time entertainment was good.

Room Tip: We were in block 2, I'd request block 5 as the rooms are bigger and you have bigger balcony'...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawnsholibubs

Dear Dawnsholibubs
Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the entertainment and the food. I wonder if you reported the disappointment regarding the cleaning standard to anyone and give us the opportunity to rectify.

Erol Akkuş

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
TUI Family Life Tropical Resort
D- Resort Gocek
#1 of 19 in Gocek
Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
TUI MAGIC LIFE Sarigerme

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Hotel? Share your experiences!