“Fab holiday”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here last June. It was my sons first coterie ce of a holiday abroad. We all had a great time, hotel staff were so helpful, it was clean, lots tondo for the kids, we went on a couple of trips, one to market and one on a turtle hunt which was great fun. The only thing we didn't like was the food, but then you are abroad. Overall great time and would return again to turkey.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Judith H
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Judith H
Thank you so much for posting your review on trip advisor. We are glad to hear that we were your choice for your sons first trip abroad and that you had a great time! We hope to see you again in the near future.
Erol Akkuş

Write a ReviewReviews (4,526)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely Hotel and room so no issue there! I' reviewing the holiday experience as a whole.
The hotel was a typical all inclusive resort really. Food was pretty good as a whole but got tiresome after about a week, stir fry's all started tasting very similar and food got repetitive. Breakfast was the worst meal, and we were struggling after a few days, selection was OK but quality of cereals weren't great, there was no "british type sausage" and no bacon (probably as its a Muslim country? - yet restaurants in "town" did serve?).
Through the day, the Ice Cream counter had a constant queue as did the pancake counter. Previous resorts I've stayed in had a constant stock of choc ice's in a freezer within the snack section which would have been good here, better for the kids!
Our room was cleaned quite late each day, about 16.30, and so when we went back to get out of the sun for an hour before starting to get ready for the evening we tended to have to go to the hotel bar or make ourselves scarce for an hour for the room to be cleaned. The rooms were cleaned adequately but no more - They would leave your dirty tea cups and drinks glasses, not change bottled water for fresh, and also leave rubbish, e.g. bits of clothes tags or paper etc on the floor, and sometimes it wasn't even there when you left the room!
There was a sunbed rule that any towels on sun beds before 08.00am would be removed. This was not enforced and so you had to get up for 06.00am to get a decent spot by the pool.
The hotel got quite boring, essentially there were 2 outdoor pools, 1 with small slides and an indoor pool. The "high tower", not sure what it is actually called, was closed for refurbishment which is poor during a peak period. The mini golf consisted of 4 poor holes which you could play with the entertainment team on certain days. same with the archery etc, only available with the entertainment team on certain days. Due to the lack of things to do at the hotel we looked for other things to do and then came the realization that the Hotel is a little "isolated". The nearest town was Sarigerme and a 20 -30 minute walk which isn't ideal with children in the high temperatures. You could get a taxi which was 15tr each way (£5 ish), but actually, when you get there you realize there's nothing really there anyway. Its essentially a holiday town and contains "supermarkets", t-shirt and sunglasses shops.,
We then booked 3 excursions to pass the time on the second week. We felt all excursions we went on were not as described by the TUI hotel reps and not great value for money. The excursions we attended were the "safari" (essentially a water fight whilst on 4x4's) little boy loved it though!, Half day turtle watch - bus ride, boat ride, 2 mins with wild turtles lucky if you see them, boat ride, bus ride, "turtle sanctuary" (turtles in oversized buckets), beach for 2 hours, bus ride. Half day mud bath - bus ride, boat ride, 2 hours in mud bath with probably 200 other people and mud is thin and gritty and not a nice clay as described / expected, boat ride, bus ride.
The Hotel Shops / paid services. These are all that can be expected really. The spa reps are very pushy, my wife and daughter went away looking forward to using the spa and then wouldn't use the spa as they felt annoyed by the reps pushing it probably 2 or 3 times a day, in the hotel, around the pool etc. The same with the photo service. I will also post a slight "warning" regarding the "Golden Palace"? Jewelry Store. Myself and my wife purchased jewelry from this shop. We went into this open eyed and knew the risks but wanted to post this for others to be aware. The sales method they use is that they show you British websites i.e. Clogau, Tiffany's and Ernest Jones and show what the equivalent would cost in the UK. Obviously branded jewelry is going to be more expensive and possibly even hold its value better and so please don't pay any attention to this. We were promised that the jewelry we bought would be twice as valuable in the UK (as I said we knew the risk! but felt we would go for itt as they were in a TUI reputable hotel) When we got home we paid an Insurance Valuation Company to provide us with a private valuation. My wife's jewelry was worth exactly what we paid for it in Turkey, and my ring was worth more than I paid for it, so great - we weren't ripped off which was our only real concern - but didn't want anyone reading this going there and hearing the sales pitch and coming home disappointed. Advice from the valuation company was that Diamonds essentially cost the same in Turkey. Gold is cheaper and so more likely to give a "better return" but even this can be risky depending on the honesty of the vendor.

Hope this helps - This is an honest review from our experience.

3  Thank Gruff2014
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Gruff2014,

Thank you for posting your review following your recent holiday. I read through all your detailed comments and expectations regarding your family holiday. It is very normal that all activities are manned at set times throughout the day. The pancakes and ice cream are very popular with our guests and can get busy, i have just been out and about today and no ques at the both places. The hotels location and facilities are clearly advertised in the First Choice brochure. Thank you for highlighting your experiece at the Gold Shop. I am pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel and the rooms.

My Kind Regards,

Erol Akkus

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Returned back on the 13th August after a 10 night stay with my husband and 14 year old son. Stayed in a suite which was lovely. Beautiful surroundings, spotlessly clean. Had 10 pools to choose from but we ended up mostly by our suite as was peaceful. Only negative is that there needs to be a fridge here with selection of cold drinks as temperature was over 100 degrees most days! Perhaps also a small bar between the suites pools (people here have paid a lot more for the accommodation after all).
The staff in Turkey are amazing, when you see how hard they work in the blistering heat, often putting up with rude Brits who don't use their manners, it's a real credit to them. Often when I was near these people I wanted to remind them to say please and thank you! I can't remember all their names but Suliman in the lobby bar was lovely, also the lady who served there too. The lady who made my fresh omelettes was amazing! The First Choice Reps are fabulous too, especially Stevie in the evening at the Adult pool bar. He should have his own show!! I don't know how they put up with those nuisance kids who keep shining those laser pens in their eyes, but put up they did with professionalism and perseverance!
Also the staff responded very well to any minor faults. For example when we arrived at 1 am we noticed our air con wasn't working properly. We couldn't believe that the hotel sent an engineer out 5 minutes later, hows that for prompt service!
The food was okay, I chose a lot of the healthy options like the fresh fish, potatoes, spinach and other vegetables rather than the chips and fish fingers but I agree it can get a bit repetitive but then all inclusive hotels can seem like that). We had no problem with the food often preferring the main restaurant to the Al A Carte, the fresh fruit and cakes were amazing!!
The hotel has it's own beach which I thought was lovely and never over crowded. The facilities in the hotel are brilliant with so many places to go you couldn't get round them all. We never hardly saw our 14 year old from the time we arrived to the time we went home. He met a lovely group of friends and said it was the best holiday he ever had!!
In terms of trips we did 2 of them via Basket Travel as they were half the price of the ones in First Choice and we had the benefit of their local knowledge and history. We did the 12 Island Cruise with Deniz who was fantastic and then the Dalyan Mud Baths and Turtle Beach with Ken who is an absolute legend! I think if him and Stevie teamed up they could open their own entertainment complex/club as they are so lovely and very humorous as well as being very entertaining!
We also went to local shops in Sarigerme where I bought lots of tee shirts and handbags, I also bought in the hotel shop too, where you can use your credit card if you wish!! It would be a good idea perhaps for the hotel to have its own cash point machine as it would encourage further spending at the hotel's spa and shops, together with the pay restaurant. I must admit all other hotels we have stayed in of this size have always had their own machine.
We also took a night trip to Dalyan by taxi which was good and not too expensive to travel to or eat in a restaurant there if you got fed up with the hotel.
All in all we had an excellent holiday and would definitely return though perhaps not in August due to the temperature! Thank you for a wonderful holiday!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a suite if you can
6  Thank TraceyJ17

Dear TraceyJ17
Thank you for posting your very detailed and informative review, Im sure other guests will find it very usefull.
We are glad to hear you had a brilliant holiday and we hope to see you again in the near future, thank you for recommending us.

General Manger

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I loved staying at this holiday village as not only was it great fun but had excellent access to the sarigerme town center. They usually don't recommend you go there but they probably only say that so you go to the market trip! We also went on this trip and me and my family loved every moment of it! There are lots of great restaurants not only at the market but in sarigerme town center. If you go to the town center which is only 5 minutes away it only costs 15 lera for a taxi ride. 30 lera there and back. (slightly less than £5) If you decide to eat there I recommend the son of the north the food was amazing! Loved it, Chindia was amazing too! THE ENTERTAINMENT:
My children being older came with me and my husband every night to the adult bar, Stevie was hilarious, amazing and funny. He was defiantly the best worker there! One day he sang karaoke he was an amazing singer! My family and I are definitely going back! Finally my daughter loved the razzmatazz performances she went 3 times in the same holiday the shows they did were amazing, definitely worth the money! The workers doing razzmatazz were kind and amazing! (vikki and peter.) But I believe the only bad part was the poo in the pool, aswell as the fact that a man doing the announcements practically accused me and my family of ding it and i know neither of my girls would have done that.

Room Tip: Any room will be fine the standard of the rooms are amazing, they are so cool too.(good as it's...
1  Thank truthtellergirl123

Dear truthtellergirl123
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you really loved the adult entertainment as provided by Steve and that you also enjoyed an amazing hoiday! Thank you for recommending us
we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have just arrived back from the Holiday Village Turkey where I have just had the best 2 week holiday with my wife 14 year old and 7 year old daughters.

Upon arriving at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised at the room we had been allocated. The Family room consisted of a large double bed and 2 singles. The singles were separated from the double by way large sliding doors offering some privacy. The beds were so comfortable it was difficult to get up in the morning.

The bathroom was of a nice size with a good powerful shower over the bath.

There was adequate storage space to hang clothes with a large wardrobe and numerous drawers.

The hotel itself was immaculately clean with staff constantly keeping on top of any spillages or mess that occurred.

The food offered a large selection including Roast Lamb, Beef Rib, Roast Chicken, Turkey and a large variety of other dishes my eldest daughter even manged to get chips and gravy which started an interesting conversation. The snack bar offered sufficient delights to keep the hunger pangs at bay until evening. Anyone who says there was nothing to eat is in my opinion extremely unrealistic in their expectations as I struggled not to eat!!!!

We visited both the Italian and Turkish a la carte restaurants again we were not disappointed as the meals for both restaurants were of a good size and offered a variation form the main restaurants again we enjoyed both meals. (There were a few mutterings about the Italian not being as good as the rest however, I would disagree as I really enjoyed the boiled beef starter).

All the staff at the hotel work extremely hard and manage to keep the queues down so you don't have to wait too long to be served. Mehmet who works the evening shift at the pool bar was a fun loving character who provided an excellent service to us even bringing drinks to our tablle as he was collecting glasses. Metin in the main restaurant again ensured that my family were well looked after ensuring tables were cleared and cleaned prior to us sitting down and ensured that our glasses remained filled during our meal.

Ozi the Guest Relations Manager deserves mention due to his strive to ensure that your holiday experience is memorable for all the right reasons. He is seen running around the hotel ensuring everything runs smooth and that any issues you may have are resolved quickly and effectively. The blocked bath plug in our room was resolved within 20 minutes of reporting it at 9pm!

The entertainment team do a very good job. There are 7 members of the team who have to entertain 2500 people not an easy job by any means. Whilst all of the entertainment was not to our liking we always managed to find something going on that was to all our liking. Stephen's nightly performances in the Pool Bar after 10pm which became the Adult Bar were very good varied and amusing. Children go there at YOUR discretion and be warned if you do not like audience participation or two way banter then don't go. He does outline this at the beginning of every evening but this does not stop some people from complaining.

The pools provided large areas of shade and ample umbrellas for those who like to soak up the sun. Although to get a lounger around the main pool was virtually impossible if you didn't want to get up before 5am and this was happening towards the end of our stay around the slide pool. (I am sure some people don't go to bed!!)

The pools we closed on a few occasions due to ignorant and unsupervised teenagers throwing faeces into the pools (This is an issue for the parents NOT Thomson or the Hotel who were doing everything they could to prevent these incidents) at least two individuals were identified during our stay and told to leave along with receiving a large bill for the pool cleaning costs. It is worthy of note that it was suggested one culprit was a 17 year old girl!!! This also resulted in inflatable boats being banned from the pools.

The shopping areas around the hotel are quite expensive compared with the town and there is little scope for bartering even in the town. The staff within the shopping complex are all self employed and can be annoying towards the females however a stern glare from a 16 stone 6 foot 2 male (me) seemed to resolve the issue.

On the whole this has been an excellent experience which all of the family have enjoyed and would definitely recommend the hotel.

6  Thank Smiffy_9

Dear Smiffy_9
Wow what an amazing detailed review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this great informative review. I’m sure other guests will find this very helpfull. We were delighted to read all your comments and myself and the rest of the team are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

ive been here twice the kids club is really good safe and my little boy had a great time in there the beach is nice the food is good for a 4* in turkey your going there not to eat english food they try there best so keep that in mind the market on a sunday is really good and cheap the hotel staff were friendly would recommend

Room Tip: if u have young kids ask for a ground floor room with grass so u can use that and sit on ur balcony...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your short and sweet review following your return visit to the Holiday Village! We are glad to read that you have had another great holiday and are once again recommending us.
We hope to see you again in the near future for a third visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We returned yesterday from a two week holiday here, a family of four with two boys aged 3 and 7. Overall had a good time, but this is our third HV and we didn't think it was as good as Kos as it is too big.

Hotel is lovely and clean and grounds are beautiful. We stayed in a Kids Den which is nicely decorated. We requested a top floor room and were disappointed to be on the ground floor. There are no Kids Dens on the 3rd floor, not mentioned at time of booking! Layout of the hotel is two long corridors, 3 storeys high. If you are on the ground floor you get a lot of noise from inconsiderate guests!

Local staff were a real asset, hardworking and helpful. First Choice staff also work incredibly hard. Evening entertainment was painful! Outsourced acts were excellent but otherwise got very tired of 'Singing from a decade' and then another game show!! The amphitheatre is too big and the personalities were not big enough to fill it.

Sunbeds were only a problem if you wanted to be in a particular spot, it amazes me that some people do not move from the same place for 2 weeks!!

Food at breakfast and evening was very good, we are not picky eaters and enjoyed a lot of the local dishes. Lunch time we didn't think was good enough. Ice cream service was extended during our stay.

Kids Club was fantastic we had a Superstar and a Little Star and both boys really enjoyed several activities, including one Chocolate Party. ALso Football and Swim Academy were enjoyable, though I do think 2 hours football is slightly too long in the heat.

We like to do things and explore rather than just stick in the same place. We visited the Spa and my husband and I had the Bronze package on the 2nd day this was £90 for both of us and well worth it. They also took care of the kids for free - giving them bubble massages, chocolate face masks and fish feet. My husband followed this up with 3 medical massages each 45 mins for £75 total, very good value.

We did the Dalyan 3 in 1 trip with Basket Travel for £50 (small kids go free and under 8s half price) this was a superb trip and the guide Ken was superb. I am massively interested in Geography and he was really informative and interesting. We also did the Eco Jeep trip with them, be warned you will get continually drenched on this trip, it was enjoyable but not as good as the Dalyan.

We also booked a two hour speed boat trip and parasailing with watersports guys on the beach - fantastic trip £100 for both activities for the whole family.

The beach is not really suitable for little ones, you cant dig there due to the turtles and it is too pebbly for access.

Overall, we did feel a little claustrophobic on this trip as it is difficult to get anywhere with little ones other than organised trips. Hotel is a 20 min walk from Sarigerme, we did visit here twice but not a lot going on.

And whilst we like the concept of HV Im afraid we don't like a lot of the people it attracts. We are not snobs, just hardworking professional people. We don't drink all day, stay up late and neglect our children to play all day on I-pads etc.... We also don't take a tribe on holiday with us. Our next holiday will not be a HV.

4  Thank ManchesterBoo

Dear ManchesterBoo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. The Turkey Holiday Village is the biggest of all the Holiday Villages with a total of 500 family rooms and that means a capacity of 1800 guests, so yes it does get busy and does not suit everyone, this information is available to you at the time of booking. Its great to read that you appreciated our hardworking staff and the overall cleanliness of the hotel, everyone works hard to ensure you enjoy your holiday. I have taken note of some of your other comments, I am pleased to read your children enjoyed the kids club.
My Kind Regards,

Erol Akkus

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarigerme
0 mi away
1 mi away
Dolphin Apart & Hotel
Dolphin Apart & Hotel
#3 of 12 in Sarigerme

Been to Holiday Village Turkey Hotel? Share your experiences!