Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Otel Sevgi(Sarigerme)
  • Pool
Turkuaz Hotel(Sarigerme)
4,550 results
All reviewsfirst choiceholiday villagepancake ladyadult barfootball academyice creamchill out barkids denturkeymain poolswim academypancakesjacuzzi poolraft buildingmy sonswimming lessonshigh ropes
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a week stay at this hotel and we wish we had booked longer! After reading other reviews especially about 'logging' in the pool I was a bit nervous about the holiday but safe to say there were No pool closures or any sign of this happening. There was security around the pools which was good.
Being fair skin and burn easily, this hotel has been the best hotel I have stayed in for shaded area by the pool. We got up at 8 to get our beds in the shade which was never a problem. If you want a bed in the sun then you have to get up earlier.
Food was lovely, as previous reviews, I enjoyed my freshly made omelette. Lunch was good too and also toasties freshly made at the chill out bar.
The ice cream station was open 3 till 5 but it was so hot the staff were opening up at 1.30 ish most days.
Our son is 14 and he has had the best holiday ever as he met some brilliant friends. We hardly seen him but we were happy to see him so happy.
We had a suite which was lovely, so glad we paid extra for this. We had a large apartment which has been nicely refurbished this year. Having a teenage son it was nice he had his own space.
The grounds of this hotel are gorgeous. And a visit to the pancake house is a must!
The hotel is very clean, the staff are always cleaning up. The toilets are the cleanest I've seen by a pool.
We really can't fault this hotel and we would love to return.

Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank gilly_gale
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear gilly_gale
Thank you for posting your fantastic review on Trip Advisor, its great to read that you and your family had a lovely time. We are delighted to read that you would consider a return visit, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We've just returned from one of the best holidays we've had.....I really cannot understand how anyone can not love it! We stayed in a suite room 5008 which was amazing, huge rooms, comfy beds, what more could you want. Pools were great although we preferred to stay by the quiet pools by our suite as the main pools were very busy as it was peak season. Food was lovely with lots to choose from, we tried the a la carte restaurants....Chinese and Turkish were out of this world but we weren't impressed with the Italian unfortunately. My son did the swimming academy with Tom and he absolutely loved it. Both children enjoyed the kids club and creche, the staff worked so hard keeping them entertained..... a special thank you to laura and James's who work in the creche.
We've booked red sea Egypt holiday village for next year but will definately be returning.

Room Tip: We loved the suites as they were close to the quiet pools which was perfect for the 100s of toilet trips for the kids lol.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim M

Dear Kim M
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following one of the best holidays you have ever had. We are sorry to read that you didnt enjoy the Italian restaurant (i am looking into this), however we are delighted that you did enjoy the Chinese and Turkish a la carte. We wish you a fantastic holiday next year and look forward to seeing you back again in Turkey in the future!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just returned from a 11 night stay at the Holiday Village. We traveled in a party of 4, two of them aged 13 and 12.

HOTEL

The Hotel is spotless in every respect. The cleaners work really hard to keep it this way. Rooms are spacious, plenty of storage space and are modern. Clean towels every day and bedding every 3 days. Beautiful towel decorations left on your bed. Air conditioning is the best we have come across. Checking in and out done very quickly and efficiently. Good WiFi connections in Lobby and not too bad in your rooms. Staff and Thomson reps are very helpful. Shops within the Hotel have a wide variety of goods to sell and everything you could need if you had forgotten to bring anything with you. You can also hire irons and ironing boards, playstations etc. There is also and indoor Spa,indoor pool, hairdressers, doctors, gym in the Hotel. Thomson reps are on call from 8am - 9pm daily but can be contacted 24/7. Welcome meeting well worth going to as they are full of useful information that I found very helpful.

FOOD

Food is good and a vast choice every mealtime. Although people have mentioned it was sometimes cold, we never experienced this. Dining room can be very busy, but there are quiet times listed on the board outside. Tables are quite close together in the main section but at the back there is more space and you can also sit outside which we found to be quieter. There is a complete childrens section at the bottom of the dining room with children s colourful plates, little brightly coloured tables. Staff in the dining room work extremely hard and are very efficient at getting your drinks etc.The A La Carte restaurants are very nice and run on a booking system situated in reception. These do get booked up quickly though. The Snack bar which is open at lunchtime and is off the same high standard. You can get some delicious toasties in the Chill out Bar from 11-4pm every day. The Pancake house is open also at these times and the lady there is so sweet. Both are a definate you should visit. There is free bottled water at every bar and a massive fridge in the Snack Bar which are always full. Staf also give out water around the pool.

POOL

There are 10 pools in this complex with some very quiet ones and the main busy activities pool. There is also two childrens pools, one with small slides etc. There was a problem when we first went with people using the pool as a toilet and this was extremely annoying, but the culprits were caught and sent home and the rest of the time none of the pools were closed again. Pools do get busy but this doesnt stop you being able to swim or play ball games etc. Again staff worked really hard to keep these pools spotless. The only complaint I would have about this holiday was the sunbed situation. Obviously August is very busy, but we were having to get up at 5am to get beds by the activity pool. There are plenty of beds around the complex and quite a lot of umbrellas, but if you wanted the activity pool it was always hard to find a bed after 6am as I used to sit and read my book and see how quick they went. The floor around the pools are wooden and get very hot and slippery so always keep on your flip flops if walking around. Activities go on around the pool every day and joining Stevie for Aquagym was great fun and a laugh.

ENTERTAINMENT

Lots of kids clubs and activities for all ages with a wide variety of choices from what we could see, although our kids didn't want to join in the 12-15 age group..In the Amphitheater there is a special nightime games and songtime for the smaller kids called High Five Live.. Bingo session every nights at 8.45 and then the shows for the adults. We found shows that reps put on were ok, not brilliant but the acts that were brought in were good. We spent our nights in the Adult Bar with Stevie who is very good and always guaranteed us a laugh. Children can go to this at your own discretion. This bar is on until midnight. Our boys went to the Chill Out Bar where the younger people seemed to be. We used to join them after the Adult Bar as there is a disco until 2am. This is a beautiful bar to sit in.

Daytime entertainment there is lots of for adults and children to do.

The Beach is accessible straight from the Hotel. This is lovely and there is always a breeze. Sand is very hot and you definately need flip flops. Unbrellas and beds are free to use.

TRIPS

Good variety of trips available, depends on what you want to do. We always book through the Hotel and know that you can get them cheaper elsewhere, but always have the assurity that everything has been checked by Thomsons to be safe. We chose the Turtle Beach and Mud bath and the Eco Adventure Jeep Safari Trips. Both trips were great value and great fun but have to say the the Jeep Safari is definitely a must. Fantastic day out. Never laughed so much in my life and you can buy the DVD of the whole trip and all the pictures that were taken all for £18.00. The Turtle Beech trip also includes a trip to the Market so you can buy all the presents you want. They will accept English, Lira or Euro everywhere you go including the Hotel.

We loved this holiday and had a fantastic time and if you would like any other information please do not hesitate to ask. I hope this was helpful.

Room Tip: 5146 was a beautiful room with Jacuzzi bath. We were on first floor and were able to see the two pools - childrens to the right and Jacuzzi pool in front
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank redladyWatford_Herts

Dear redladyWatford_Herts
Thank you on behalf of my team for posting your glowing and detailed review. I’m sure other guests will find you review very useful. Myself and the team are delighted to read you and your family had a fantastic holiday and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This is my first time visiting a holiday village and it's my last day today. I have had a wonderful 10 days with my husband daughter and friend. We booked a suite and was given a fantastic location ground flr right by the pool. Fantastic easy to jump
Over balcony all day. The rooms are lovely air conditioning a must. Can hear some noise from pool bar at night but this does not bother us at all. There is wifi all around the complex which is free, there is a safe in the room and felt all our items in room we're safe. The rooms are cleaned to a good standard and the cleaners always have a smile. Everything is in close proximatey and it's not far to work to get drinks ice cream food. The queues go down really quickly. You can get food and drinks all day everyday up until 12am one of the bars always has something. There is a good variety of food and something for everyone even me. Did have a dodgy tummy a lot of the time but I do not believe this is attributed to any of the good or drinks. Water bottles are in fridges all around the complex to be picked up. The shop keepers are great and I totally recommend the jewellery shop in the complex visit yelda she is lovely and get yourself a great bargain. We did our trips with basket travel and loved their local knowledge and the commentary came from the heart. Ken is a great tour guide and you will certainly enjoy any trip you decide to go on with him. It is also cheaper and a local business and assists the local
People and puts revenue back into the local village. The local people rely on us tourists and the least we can do is contribute to
Their livelihood. Nobody hassles u and if u don't want to buy then it's fine. There are lovely waiters and waitresses who work long hours and always have a smile for you I was happy to give tips lots of nights because in my opinion they go above and beyond. You are only 20 mins from the airport so quick transfer. I would wholly recommend this place to everyone and will certainly be visiting this beautiful country again. It has such wonderful history lovely greenery and lovely people. Will be sad to leave tomorrow as also have met some great people Tim and jules and Harry. If u want a great holiday come here.

Sonia jordan room 5041

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Sonia J

Dear Sonia J
Thank you on behalf of myself and the rest of the team for posting your amazing review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to read you enjoyed your holiday! Thank you fro recommending us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I wasn't going to write a review about our holiday as its all been said before in one way or another but after reading some of the poor reviews and criticism about the Holiday Village I felt like I needed to write one and stick up for the place a little bit.
Our party of three travelled the last week in July and stayed at the Holiday Village for two weeks and all in all it was two fantastic weeks!
After reading some of the reviews before we travelled we were slightly worried about what we had booked. It sounded about as appealing as a Kibbutz the way some reviewers had written about it. I honestly don't know what people want or expect on holiday but we can honestly say our expectations were reached and exceeded. We loved the place. So this is my take on the Holiday Village and what we thought of the experience.
The transfer from the Airport was 25 minutes and you were there; there was no sitting on a stuffy coach for hours on end. On arrival you can leave your cases in reception and they are brought up to your room for you in less than half an hour. A nice touch which I don’t think happens at many package holiday hotels.
The rooms are lovely and those people who say they aren't must live in a palace or castle back at home. It was plenty big enough for the three of us and decorated to a good standard. There is lots of hanging space for your clothes and the wardrobe even has a light inside. (it's the little things) There is a small fridge and a safe which are both free along with a kettle with a small selection of drinks. The bathroom had a good hairdryer so you can save a bit of room in your suitcase by not packing your own. There is a decent sized bath that isn't designed for Ant and Dec which has a decent shower over it. Our room number was 1224 which had a nice view over the mountains at the front of the hotel and the sun on the balcony in the afternoon. The balcony was small but perfectly formed with a light that you controlled yourself (its lights out at midnight at a lot of hotels we’ve stayed at.) The rooms are cleaned 6 days a week by the maids who work tirelessly. Getting an extra toilet roll out of them can be like getting blood out of a stone though. They sometimes don’t come and clean the rooms until late in the afternoon but is this really a problem like some seem to think it is?
The hotel offers free wi-fi which is fantastic. (I paid £30 for two weeks wi-fi for one device last year)
There are two connections available; the lobby one connects automatically when you are in the Aegean bar and surrounding area while the one titled TT Palace is accessible in the whole complex including your room with a username and password (Your Passport number and room number) Fair enough the speed can be a bit slow at times but it got there in the end. You can sign in on any two devices at one time.
I did read on here with slight concern reports of how rough some of the clientelle are in the resort but I don't really agree with this. (Apart from the pool antics) The first week especially there were plenty of friendly people around. The village caters for all sorts of weird and wonderful people. A great place if you wanted to people watch (especially as in week two it was more weird than wonderful)
The Village was very busy but the good thing is if you want a bit of peace and quiet and don't want to hang with the masses (In other words if you're unsociable like me) the village is plenty big enough for you to go off and find a secluded spot away from the throng. The hotels gardens are maintained to a very high standard and made for a really pleasant walk, especially in the evening when it gets a little cooler. One word of warning though, take some insect repellent because there's plenty of them and they bite more than Luis Suarez in a bad mood.
Now to the food; Ok It’s not a Michelin star restaurant and I’m no Egon Ronay but I am baffled at some people’s comments at how bad or repetitive it was and this comes from a fussy eater. We only ate in the main restaurant and didn’t bother with the bookable ones because we were happy with the buffet style food that was being served; we couldn’t fault it. There was something different every time and all cooked to perfection. Chicken, Fish, Lamb, Beef, Salads, Chips, Kebabs and more besides, the only thing repetitive was the excellent quantity and quality night after night. Talking of quantity, the food on some people’s plates was staggering; they looked like they were taking part in an all you can eat competition or a channel 4 documentary; I just hope these hollow legged holidaymakers aren’t the ones who have come home and are criticising the food on their review. I can’t believe that any of the people when we were there have written anything bad as everyone I saw in the dining hall seemed to be happy and enjoying it, as I said, some a little too much. Can you believe, they even open the restaurant up again again at 11.30 at night for supper if you feel you haven’t stuffed yourself silly enough over the course of the day. I’d like to point out we never used this service. (I’d like to but I’d be lying.)
My son particularly liked the pancake house but a word of warning, she does it all at her own pace so you might grow a beard while you’re waiting (the wife did). For any twitchers who are going to the Village look out for the Jays that fly around the trees in that area while you wait and wait and wait….
I don’t particularly like sunbathing on a bed, I’m far happier on a chair reading a book so the towels on sunbeds situation never bothered me. It’s true, for every sunbed in use there are a further five with just a towel on them but isn’t that the same at absolutely every package holiday hotel in Europe? Find me a hotel that it isn’t and I’ll find you a teenager who stayed at the village in our two weeks who had any spatial awareness.
I don’t particularly like swimming in the pools either but can fully understand people’s unhappiness at the ‘dropping the kids off at the pool’ incidents. Whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves. You are not big and certainly not clever. It happened about four times that we know of while we were there but you can’t blame the hotel. Personally I blame the parents who couldn’t be bothered to put swimming nappies on their mouth breathing teenagers.
It is slippery by the pools as some have commented but providing you don't charge around thinking you're Usain Bolt you should be Ok.
The teenage situation was probably the only bad thing about the place. I know its their holiday too but to let them run around doing whatever they liked with no supervision whatsoever is always going to lead to ‘incidents’ of some sort. They all swanned around thinking they looked like Miley or Justin but they didn’t, the only thing they had in common with them is how annoying they were.
Back to the good stuff; there are four bars in the Village, The Aegean Bar near main reception (Brilliantly manned by the speedy Suleyman) A couple more bars near the pools and my wife's favourite, The Chill Out bar. We often went in there at lunchtime and grabbed a toasted sandwich that was made for you while you wait. I saw one person get four all for himself and then go back for more! All of the bars serve a variety of drinks, the beer was Efes which some people suggested was watered down but I thought it wasn't bad at all and I'm from ‘up north’ and not a shandy drinking Southern softie. I am informed by my wife that the white wine was of good quality but the rosé could have been produced by Sarsons. I'd like to say a special thanks to Nazer who provided us with drinks at our table all night at the pool bar. I thought he must have shares in Efes as he wouldn't let my glass go dry for a second. There are queues at the bars as people have mentioned and they can be long and look a bit daunting but they go down in no time at all. There's no till work involved so that obviously helps.
The shops in The Village aren't bad but some people have said the shopkeepers are rude. They weren't with us but I did see an incident to suggest this might be the case.
You could buy a Lacoste t-shirt or similar designer brand for around the same price as a tube of Pringles. Ok it might only last as long as the Pringles but it was still good value. Also Hugo Boss aftershave amongst other branded names came in at £7 a bottle or two for a tenner. It might not be the real thing but it does smell the same so you can't go wrong really. You could in fact not bother packing your suitcase with anything and buy it all when you get there for next to nothing.
There is also a swap shop shelf in main reception so if you run out of sun cream or like me are stupid enough to leave it by the pool you can pick other people's leftovers up from there. There was all sorts on the shelves from sun cream to deodorants and even flip flops with things being added all of the time. Again, if you're tight or from Yorkshire or Scotland you could get all the products you need off that shelf and not bother taking your own. (I'm not recommending you do but you could.)
It's about a 20 minute walk to the village of Sarigerme if you want to take a wander but my advice is don't be a hero, get a taxi. It's too hot to walk and the taxi will only set you back 15TL each way which is just under a fiver. Sarigerme has a good selection of shops that are cheaper than the hotels. My son's an avid football shirt collector and bought 13 shirts for himself at around £8.00 each. There's a market there on a Wednesday but I wouldn't bother with it because the stall holders are rude, pushy and not nice.
We did one trip while we were there (Mud baths, Ancient tombs, Turtles and Turtle Beach with lunch thrown in.) We went with Basket Travel in Sarigerme and I can't recommend them highly enough. It's a full day excursion and if you only do one day out on your holiday you should do this one. The tour guide Kenan (Ken) was brilliant at his job; he was knowledgeable, passionate and fun making a fantastic day out even better. At a cost of about £20 per person you can't go wrong.
You can pay for things at the Holiday Village and in Sarigerme in British Pounds, Turkish Lira and even Euros. I wouldn't just take one currency to be safe, we took Lira and Pounds and I was glad we did.
All in all we couldn't fault the place and I'm shocked that people do. It's a good four star village that did everything we wanted it to do and more. So yes we would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone. If you are going and have been worrying about the recent bad reviews stop worrying now. In our opinion it is a fantastic place to go for your summer holiday and we'd all go back in a heartbeat if we could. Enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
24  Thank simruthar
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear simruthar
Wow, that must be the most detailed and honest review ever written - thank you for taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor. On behalf of myself and all the staff at the Holiday Village I'm glad to hear what a great holiday you had and thanks for the recommendation. I sincerely hope you do come back one day in the near future.
My kind regards