“Amazing for the 5th time!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sarigerme
Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sarigerme
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just returned from the holiday village for the 5th time, amazing absolutely fantastic, the staff especially the waiters, very helpful and so so friendly we never stopped laughing and jokin with them, all the kitchen staff, reception especially ugur the guest relations manager so friendly and very helpful. Superb value, so clean there is loads to do if you want none stop fun or just relax round the amazing pools, it's perfect BLISS! Please take no notice of all the negative people on trip adviser they must be mad to bad mouth this wonderful place. My wife and my two sons 12 and 15 will be returning next year. Adrian

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Bebb54321
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Adrian

Wow what a huge compliment, thank you so much for your wonderful review, it was our pleasure to welcome you and your family back once again for your 5th visit. We are delighted to read that you had an amazing holiday once again, we look forward to seeing you on your 6th visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Ok so this was our first visit to a holiday village and before we went we read the reviews and like most people we were concerned about the reviews regarding pooing in the pool and the dining arrangements.

Please do not be put off by these. We have arrived back from a 2 week holiday and the pool was shut 3 times out of 14 days. and this was in the first 5 days. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE HOTELS FAULT. There are signs everywhere about putting swim nappies on younger children ( this I would have thought was obvious) however it is not that age group that is the problem. It is older children who feel it impressive to video the act and put it on Facebook. Come on parents take control!

The dining arrangements are fine. Do not expect to have a relaxed family meal each night. There are 5 a la carte restaurants on site if you want this. 4 of these can be visited free of charge once each throughout your stay. Only issue is you have to order what you want to eat when you book.

The main restaurant Olympus is great. Loads of choice and for the number of people they cater for I was impressed with the quality. We found it worked well by getting a table which we never found difficult and and then going up to get food separately. Our kids loved this and could choose what ever they wanted and the queues were never that bad.

We are a family of 5. 2 adults 3 children who are aged 2,5 and 7. To be honest our idea of a great holiday is a private villa with a pool and eating out so we don't have to wash up. (obviously we cant get away with that at breakfast!!:)) Due to the ages of our children however we knew we would not get away with that this year!!!!

We thought we would book a HV so the children were entertained and could meet other similar aged children. We were not disappointed although there were some buts we felt could be improved.

We arrived to a nice room which was clean. We had a standard room which was fine for 5 of us but next time I would book the suite to give us a little more room.

We went to the welcome meeting in which you can book trips however from speaking to others you can book these cheaper locally in Sarigerme.

All inclusive means all inclusive and I can not fault the amount you can eat and drink. The food is great and we tried it all from the main restaurants to the toasties and pancake house I have to say are all well done. The only down side would be the alcoholic drinks. The local wine is something that needs to improve. You could order other wines which were at an additional payment which we did but it would have been nice to have more / better wine to be included.

There are activities for the kids on all day and they cater for all age groups which is great but there were some that were at an additional cost. The Football Academy, Razzmatazz ans the swimming academy. These were around £35 per child for about 3 sessions. We felt as we had paid for all inclusive some of these could have been included. However we did put our 5 and 7 year old girls into Razzmatazz and they loved it so much we put them into a second session.

They are now home and still singing the songs and I would like to say a massive thank you to Vikki and Peter who made there time really special. The reps are a real credit to HV and not once were they negative.

To summarise I would say its a good holiday, lots of fun to be had - a good family holiday putting the kids first:-)))

3  Thank stuart s

Dear stuart s
Thank you for posting your detailed review on Trip Advisor! We are happy to read that you and your children enjoyed your first experience of an all inclusive holiday at the Turkey Holiday Village.
We hope to see you again in the near future for more fun in the sun.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We are a family of four with two boys aged 13 and 11 and we have been back a week and all loved this place! We thought the grounds were very pretty and clean! The evening and daytime entertainment was fantastic. We have just booked for next year but have a suite this time

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
tthotel, General Manager at Holiday Village Turkey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Vicky s
Thank you for posting your short and sweet review on trip advisor! We are happy to hear you had a fantastic holiday and have already booked for next year, thats a recommendation in itself! We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just returned after an 11 night stay with family.
Did visit this resort back in 2008 when the tropical hotel was accessible, this is now not allowed. You can walk through via the beach but fencing is now in place along the various paths and they will ask you to leave. I was not aware so a little disappointed and couldn't find any mention of this in the first choice brochure, but hey ho the palace is great.

Rooms.....recent refurb makes them just what you want, can't fault them. Anyone complaining about noise? You're on holiday so expect some noise from the entertainment and people returning back after a night out, ie enjoying yourself

Pools, lots of choice. Clean. Slides etc. the logging epidemic was not apparent through our stay however I did speak to someone at the airport who stayed at the tropical who informed me of a few incidents. The culprits were thrown out. I'm disgusted by this behaviour I really am but as said didn't happen for us.

Food..it's all inclusive so anyone who has been on this package before should know what to expect. It was busy yes but always found a table and great choice of food I'd say. Plenty of choice, bars and restaurants..late breakfast was good when you need a lie in

Entertainment. It's first choice and they try. Did activities in the day all great I'd say

Illness......yes people were and we were a little. I think this us just something I expect now, certainly better than Egypt. Follow the rules of no water or ice, use the sprays located at the main restaurant and you should be ok. Food was always hot and clean in the cooking areas.

Mosquito.....bitten once.....use a good spray.....there not rife like Egypt.

To sum up....I'd of stayed longer if I could , which says something but you must understand when booking, the following.
It's mainly English and you always get a few letting us down
Yes teenagers are in groups, never caused me any issues but they do wander around in groups
Kids are left unattended by irresponsible parents using foul language
In peak season it is busy and cups, bottles, food etc does appear on floors round the pools and restaurants.
The tattoo brigade is here in force.
Two TVs in the main reception/bar area are on and watched by lots, English soaps, amazing!! Why go on holiday??

Improvements.....I'd recommend a dress code at lunch, ie t shirts no bare chests.
No food round poolside,this I did find annoying and just lazy. Chips floating in the pool is not good anywhere
Better air con in the main reception

Had a good time but think this is more a three star plus. Doubt I will return

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alistair S

Dear Alistair S,
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay here at the Holiday village. Myself and team read through your simple summary with concise information and recommendations for future guests. Thank you for taking the time to post.

My Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

3rd visit to HV Sarigerme and another great holiday. Staff at resort very friendly and attentive and overall standards good. Food can get a bit repetitive but not a huge problem. Did the Eco explorer day trip which was great fun, be prepared to get thoroughly soaked but have tons of fun and laughs. We had one of the suite rooms, which cost a little more but not majorly and worth paying that bit extra for.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Taylorgt1

Dear Taylorgt1
Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor following your third visit to the Holiday Village. We are delighted to read you had another great holiday, we hope to see you again for your 4th visit!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have just returned after a fantastic 14 night stay at the Holiday Village with my wife two grown up children and two grandsons aged 6 and 4.
I thought I better write a report that was accurate and not as negative as some of the reviews I have read recently. A lot of the negative reviews are for the same thing which boils down to irresponsible parents, rude Brits on holiday and the stupidity of their children.

We stayed in two family rooms on the ground floor 2007/8 witch was more than adequate for us. The rooms consisted of two twin beds and in a closed off room two more twin beds with on suite facilities and free mini fridge, free use of the safe, beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean - what more do you really need? Cleaners came in every other day and made the beds and the linen was changed at least twice a week.

The complex was huge and we were totally blown away by the size. It never felt too busy even being peak season as everyone is so spaced out around the seven pools.

We did go to the amphitheatre to watch some of the evening entertainment. I have to say the entertainment was pretty good and it was a place where you could relax with the children for a couple of hours. The First Choice reps did a sterling job. There was also an alternative to this type of entertainment you could always go to the Chill Out bar where the cool breeze in the evening and the ambiance of the colour changing lights was a nice change from the pool or lobby bar.

Sun beds were a bit of a nightmare and if you want to make sure you get one in the morning you must buck the rules and join the rest of the early risers and put your towels on the sun bed you want. My daughter was getting up at 5:30am to ensure we had the spot we wanted. We tended to stay at the children’s pool the first week and the Jacuzzi pool for the second week both pools were lovely and didn’t get closed during our stay. Staying with the pools, during our stay two of the pools were closed because arrogant and irresponsible Brits were defecating in them, but once the management caught the culprits severe action was taking. One 13 year old girl who was caught was immediately with the whole of the family thrown out of the hotel so you irresponsible ones watch out there on your case.
I am glad the hotel manager takes this stance and hopefully it will stop the few idiots from ruining it for the majority.

The Food was outstanding with the evening meal being our favourite one. Lots of variety and they cater for lactose intolerant guest as well. Well worth queuing up in the morning to get an omelette made. The waiters and waitresses were always smiling and happy to help at all meals, even the head Chefs would come around to ensure everything was alright. I did find that if you were polite to the staff they would really look after you well. The Midday meal bar would get busy and a few would queue for beverages but the waiters/waitress were always coming around asking what you would like so there was no need to queue just a bit of patience and politeness. Omur was always checking to make sure the food was top notch.

The beach is also well worth a visit. Beach shoes are a must as the sand isn't great. The sea is rough at times and is not advisable for little kids who can’t swim but the breeze you get there is gorgeous and loads of sun beds. It is also nice to walk to the far end of the beach watching the crabs running up and down the sands

Staff were ever so polite and very friendly – there were a lot of manners from the English I noticed were missing. It really doesn't take much to say 'please' and 'thank you'!

All the outside Fridges in the eating area are well stocked with water bottles which you can help yourself to.

I never went to the welcome meeting but the reps came and found me and explained everything to me and my family they were so polite and new what they were talking about. We went into the local town of Sarigerme on the Wednesday when they have their market. We thoroughly enjoyed it but most of the stall holders were from the market we visited the day before in Fethiye the stall holders are a bit pushy but that's their culture and way of life. Only 15 lira each way in a taxi and it was far too hot to walk it!!

There are two rows of shops on the complex selling bags, football kits etc and I found several sellers to be quite rude they didn’t like you bartering and got very irate if you tried to. My advice is if you need something go to the Ortaca Market or Sarigerme
We also booked trips off to Dalyan and Captain Popcorn with the Dalyan Ultimate trip you visit the mud baths and Turtle beach but the trip down the river is beautiful and our tour guide Sugar was so knowledgeable it was a very interesting trip. Captain Popcorn visited all twelve Islands and as the name says it was for the children but what an excellent excursion for the day. The sightseeing and the way the crew looked after the children was brilliant.

Lastly I must say that everyone we met at the Hotel from the travel reps Olivia, Michelle and the numerous others from the entertainments team and Kid clubs, Omur the Chef and all the waiters, bar staff and Cleaners made our stay something we will remember for life. Overall we all had a fantastic holiday and it all boils down to the staff on the complex. Everywhere was very clean and it really did have that 'safe' feel about it.
If you would like anymore information please don’t hesitate to email through Trip Advisor.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the Holiday Village as much as we did.
Ben Court

Room Tip: I had two family rooms 2007/8 excellent location, quiet and very modern.