Holiday Village Turkey Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
4,538 results
All reviewsfirst choiceholiday villagepancake ladyadult barfootball academyice creamchill out barkids denturkeymain poolswim academypancakesjacuzzi poolraft buildingmy sonswimming lessonshigh ropes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2010

it was very good but very busy i liked the pools and the surroundings but could be better i think the service could improve a bit also its a bit of a hang out for nasty teenagers but the water sports was brilliant ii recommend parasailing i like the food but it is very rich i would not go back

1  Thank sarahlucas
Reviewed 10 September 2010

just come back from this hotel and have to say it was fantstic ! i really cant understand how some people are complaining !
everything was spot on for me , hubby and our 13 and 6 year old, the staff are so friendly and adam and paul are soo funny , they even made my 13 year old laugh !!!! lol.
my 6 year old loved the kids clubs , they treated him lovely , big hiya to mike , ian, sam ,zac, brian, sue , jack and georgie if you see this from ashton x
we stayed on the palace side in a jacuzzi suite and the room was cleaned every single day , towels changed every day ,the room was spotless.
pools are fantastic and the main one was shut late one afternoon coz someone had not put a swim nappy on there little one , but it was no problem as there are lots more pools to go into.
food was good , always something to eat , we ate outside nearly every night which was lovely,
never saw anyone drunk /swearing /arguing , saw a lot of people witn tatoos ....but does that make them bad people ??? coz some folk on here seem to think so !
entertainment was good ,and some of the acts brought in were hilarious ......but some were not so good ! not terrible but not fantastic either .
lots of things going on in the day ...water polo , volley ball , football , archery , aqua arobics , crazy water game , quizzes ....fantastic !
loud music played around the main pool , sometimes got a bit tedious playing the same tracks but still best place to be !
pancake lady ....amazing ! make sure you visit her .
water walkers ..free and fun .
high ropes...free ...my 6 year old and his friend loved them and managed to get to the top ...try them if your not scared of heights lol.
if you are going here im sure you will have a fantastic time , dont worry about some of the bad reviews ..........some folk moan about the wind changing direction !
any questions please dont hesitate to ask .

4  Thank kearns1970
Reviewed 10 September 2010

My partner and I booked this holiday as a spur of the moment plan, we booked the holiday on August 24th and departed on 2nd September, When I got home I decided to "do a Google" on the resort and came up with this webpage, I read most of the reviews and to be honest was horrified by what I saw... I work in a B&B and Wedding venue so really do understand the importance of good customer service etc. I also have a degree in Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Management. Because of my background I have very high expectations! Imagine my disappointment when I read the reviews of my first ever holiday aboard and the hotel seems to be awful :(
Nether the less the holiday was booked and we had to go.... I kept my fingers crossed that it was all going to be ok...

On arrival to the airport we walked outside and as promised the First choice rep was waiting, on the way to the airport she filled us in about the holiday village and surrounding area etc.

On arrival to the hotel, check in was easy, (we had already filled out the forms on the bus journey) the reception staff directed us to the room.... As we opened the door I was so nervous as what to expect.....
The room was lovely, Massive for just the two of us! a large double bed and desk was in the bedroom section, this was separated from the “living” section (containing a sofa bed and tv) by sliding doors, this “living” section then opened through to the balcony- again this was massive, it didn’t overlook anything in particular but was lovely to sit on in the evening to catch the last bit of the evening sun.

The food:
Now this was another nervous point for me... I had heard that people that holiday in Turkey always get dodgy tummies; I was dreading the thought of spending my holiday in the bathroom! Again I need not have worried, the food was fine, I will admit it got a bit “samey” after being there a week, the same things seemed to be rotated but I really feel there was something for everyone! I certainly had a plateful at each meal! The desserts deserve a mention here! Full of sugar and sweet so limit what the children eat! But the kitchen staff did some wild and wacky creations from caterpillars made of chocolate cake to a HUGE ice cream monster which the chefs carved with saws!
The one thing to watch out for with the food is the kids, there are signs up for the parents to keep an eye on the kids but in reality there were little fingers everywhere and some of the adults were just as bad! This however is not the hotels fault, it just depends on the guests staying!

Other reviews:
As other reviews state people did get up early to secure sun beds, but there was no point, my partner and I got down to the pools at approx 10am each day and ALWAYS found beds next to a pool or in the sun

The resort is a family resort so there were kids running around, while we were there none of the pools were closed due to children being ill etc in the water. Of course parents will tell the children off if they are being naughty so i think its unfair to criticise this aspect

A lot of the reviews mention Chavy Brits with tattoos.... I personally found the resort to be full of ordinary everyday people, of course you are going to notice tattoos, people are wearing next to no clothes so even those people with discreet tattoos will be on show! I At the end of the day though it is a family resort so if you are looking for a quiet peaceful holiday you may be best off elsewhere!

The resort was quite noisy I will admit, Music was playing in the main pool but over by the slide pool the music was fainter and on the beach you could hear nothing, back in the room if you wanted an early night you could hear the entertainment when the balcony door was open but as soon as it was shut the noise was blocked out completely!

First Choice:
I cannot complain about anything the first choice reps did, to be honest we didn’t need them for anything as our holiday was perfect but every time we saw them walking around the hotel they asked us how we were, they were so friendly! Adam and Paul the entertainment team on the palace side were awesome! We didn’t have children but it was still a good laugh with a good mix of adult humour!
First choice also set up a holiday swap area so if you had any holiday leftovers i.e. sun cream etc you would leave it in the box for other people to help themselves to, I found this really handy for Mozzie cream and books etc.

Negatives:
In the hotel they LOVE English money, it would have been nice to have been told this before we went as all we had was TL, However the shops did convert it for us into TL but I was always worried I was losing out.

The room did lack deep cleaning techniques, such as there was some dust under furniture etc (I am just really fussy when I stay places though) All the necessary items were clean and tidy.

The excursions were fab but the bus drivers always expected tips, take plenty of change

To conclude:
I had a fab holiday, Everything was fine for me, I do believe you get what you pay for, my partner and I definitely got our money’s worth and we would definitely go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cherryblossom759
Reviewed 10 September 2010

right where do i start! booked this over 18 months ago and after last years bad press i started a facebook group up for some tips! i had NOTHING to worry about... we had a fantastic time and the children loved every min of it!
we went for 10 days and were on the palace side.
transfer was brill, only 20 mis on the coach and room was really on arrival. little disapointed as there were 2 single beds and a sofa bed... i though we would have had a double. rooms cleaned every day. we did have a problem with ants in the bathroom. aircon only works if patio door is closed and this was needed as temps reached over 45!
room was cleaned everyday and maids were friendly.
pleanty of choice of food. many different resturants and we tried the italian and asian... both were fantastic! they do like a tip in these resturants.
plenty of pools to chose from, the first week we had to get up at 5 to get beds around the pool but the hotel did calm down towards the end of the holiday and lots of children were back in school. the main pool was closed on one day due to babys with no swim nappies on.. the reps give out free swim nappies so i dont see why these babys were in the pool without them on!
we were woken up a few times with people arguing outside our room.
early hrs of one morning the room opposite was flooded through and the people who were staying were getting married the following morning. manages were not very helpfull, laughing at the sittuation at one point!
hi5 team were fantastic and all the reps worked very hard, everyone had a smile on their faces and always said hello!
we forgot to take our pram for the littleone but the chreche had prams for £2 a day... brill!
we had a night off from the kids and went to the adult only bar.. this was lovely and relaxing and the cocktails were yummy... these get charged to your room so beware that when you check out you will have this bill.
shops at the hotel over priced but hey arnt they in every hotel.. littleone had her hair braids in and this cost £35.. it was only £12 in sarigerme village.
the village - small but lovely. market day on sunday - very pushy and women dont go on your own!
husband and daughter when on the jeep safary with sarigerme tours.. only £24 for adult and half price for children.. they loved every min of this and wanted to go again.. food was included in this trip.
they also went parasailing on the beach think it was £25 each...again loved it!
we would defo go to a holiday village again, and im on the hent for next years holiday! happy holidays to all thats going and add my group if you are on facebook -
holiday village sarigerme turkey .

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank alizac123
Reviewed 10 September 2010

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the Holiday Village. I went with a very open mind, I work in the travel industry myself so am very objective and have travelled extensively prior to having my family and stayed in some very nice hotels so have pretty decent standards. I thought the hotel was fantastic, yes there are chavs, there are some families that choose to let their kids run riot but this did not spoil my experience. Would I go here if I didn't have kids, probably not however I have two young kids and it was fantastic for them. Our room was cleaned daily (we stayed in the Tropical Hotel) so we had no complaints there, except to stay we had a very small balcony with not a great view so if this is important to you from your holiday then pay extra for sea or pool view. Food was very good, the buffet restaurants were fine and we tried all the ala carte with our favourite being the Turkish. We found the staff to be polite and courteous at all times and in particular we had to take our hat off to the entertainment team and kids reps who were second to none. The hotel grounds were immaculate and although the Hotel was exceptionally busy there was always areas where you could get away from the crowd. It was my first visit to a holiday village in school hols and yes it was very,very busy but I wouldnt say we queued for any outlandish amount of time given the number of people there, I have previously been to both the Egypt and Portugal Holiday villages and would honestly say I rate this the best of the three. The kids football academy was fantastic however I wouold advise you to pre book this and pay for it in the UK as it was significantly cheaper to do so. The main bug bear for me was people reserving sunbeds, they were up at 6am and then dont stroll down to sit on them till lunchtime whch i found very frustrating. Apparently the hotel has in its grounds 4500 sunbeds so why people had to get up at that time i just dont know. Only other moan had nothing to do with the hotel or staff its the bloody guests, leaving their litter around, opening food containers in the restaurant and then leaving them open, for gods sake people use your common sense would you do that inj your own home - NO!!!! In all i have had a marvellous time, have booked another Holiday Village again for next year, we didnt want to come home

3  Thank sunshinegalSheffield