We stayed in This hotel January 2012, it was a long flight from London due to the plane having to land in the Azzores to drop off a disturbing passanger. So with delayed flight into punta cana and the 1.5 hour drive to the hotel it was after 1 am when we checked in, overtired and overheated,. The reception staff were excellent, and all went very smoothly. Our room was a little small for a family of four and we decided to wait until morning to sort it out.
We contacted reception early the next morning and Mr EVO, was so helpfull and nice, he organised a lovey room for us just beside the infinity pool, it was actually two interconnecting rooms but it shared a balcony so it was perfect for our family. From that moment on we were very happy.
The food is good, service was good, and the over all apperance was excellent.
The beach is not man made, as I had seen here on the TA reviews, it is coral that is under the sand that sometimes comes through, this is to be expected. The Privilaged club does seem to have a little man made beach because it is at the rocky part of the resort. Most people seem to collect near to the barefoot grill, and that part of the beach is usually fairly crowded, ( it seems alot of people are afraid of walking) If you go to the beach down by the fruit boat and further down it is less busy, and this is where we liked to sit.
The pools are all lovely, we liked the main pool, because sometimes the infinity pool got very noisy with large groups there together and the swim up bar , so we rathered the quieter atmosphere at the main pool.
Some people will reserve beds at the poolside, there is no need to do this as there are plenty of pool beds, . The hot tub is lovely too, altough again some people would get in and just not get out for the day,.
The entertainment is quite good, we didn't go very often as our little girls would be very tired after spending the day swimming , playing and going to the kids club which is excellent, they wanted to stay in the kids club all day everyday however we insisted they only got a few hours there as we wanted to spend some time with them. In the evening they adored the movies on the beach and would have us rushing around getting them ready so they wouldn't be late,. This gave us a great chance to go have dinner in one of the many resturaunts. I loved the seaside resturaunt, some complain service is slow, but really why are people rushing in a place like this?.
All in all I would reccomend this hotel , you get great value, as it isn't an expensive hotel, and if you hire a car and have a tour around the area it is a wonderfull base. I would also reccomend taking a walk down along the beach to see the village of romana, not a very pretty village, but there are some lovely spots to have a beer and enjoy the atmosphere. We also booked a local guy to take us to sanoa Island, he brought a bbq, and took us to a part of the island away from the other tourists, so it felt like paradise all to ourselves. ( huge area of beach with only four others there it was bliss)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Stayforlong S.L., Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe