On arrival we were greeted with champagne and our luggage was taken by one of the bell boys, we checked in and were shown to our room. As soon as we entered the dominican republic all we saw was happy smiling faces, the receptionist were lovely and friendly.
We were a bit worried after reading some negative trip advisor reviews but honestly there is nothing to worry about as the hotel is amazing and the grounds are very well kept and maintained.
The cleaners were brilliant they kept the room tidy everyday, they even lined our shoes up in a row and folded our t shirts we left on the bed all nicely for us. we went down to the beach bar who we met a fantastic guy called Alexis who is absolutely funny he does a good donkey impression and he does tricks with the drinks before he serves it to you hes a good laugh during the day. For the entertainment team i cant thank enough at how good these guys are at thier job. there is never a day that goes by were something is not happening. There is loads of activities to take part in during the day and evening. If you like to take part its good because you can take part in the auctions on Monday, Wednesday & Friday to win prizes with the funny money they give you.
You can win bottles of rum (Brugal) champagne, t shirts, caps, and santo domingo coffee great presents to bring back home. La Foca, Caramelo, Picasso, J bond, Eddy Murphy and Coca Cola are all so friendly and funny these guys made our holiday and we really miss them alot i can not thank them enough for making our holiday a little bit more special.
we never got bored of the food as there were many restaurants to choose from with us being fussy eaters there was plenty to choose from. our favourites were the Himitsu (japanese) Sea side grill for both lunch and dinner, the El Patio (mexican) portofino (italian) and the jungla Restaurant (dominican food)
for breakfast we ate at the world cafe, so much choice and the omlettes are so good. We went to the buffet (world cafe) for dinner 2 times it was good but we much prefer a sit down meal rather than helping ourselves, main reason as you can over eat.
As for room service is fantastic, good choice on the menu and the chicken fingers and chicken burger are amazing. I would advise given a small tip as they work around the clock and a small tip to any of the staff goes a long long way as they really appreciate it and they dont get paid alot. Also if you tip they remember and give you a fantastic service.
Our room we was given when we stayed was in block two on the third floor. The best choice of rooms in the hotel is either in the middle or up top as they are in a quite location. Thr only downside about the hotel is the walls are paper thin and can hear everything your neighbours do, we had two really bad neighbours next door the first week we had a arguementative couple but they never woke us up, on the second week we had a foriegn couple that liked to play musical chairs at 6am and also a screaming child who woke us up on our last 2 to 3 nights at ridiculous hours of the morning. If this ever happens to you ring up the Concierge and they will sort out the problem for you as with what we did.
Also the rooms are very clean, i wouldn't bother upgrading to preffered club as the rooms are not worth it you dont get much extra apart from free WI FI and a yellow towel. But i would recommend upgrading to a junior suite we saw our friends its lovely its like a mini apartment with two bathrooms a bath jacuzzi, walk in shower and a lovely lounge area, they start at $200 Per night but you can haggle them down to around $110 as i tryed. But the standard rooms are perfect as all you do is technically sleep in there and the beds are really comfortable.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone we miss it soo much we are planning to go back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Expedia, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe