This is my fourth stay at this property- the three others were when it was Sunscape Casa Del Mar. Fell in love with the location- the beach, the food- and the staff. Some things have changed, some are still why you love this place and will make it tough to venture out to other AI properties.
Emailed the lovely concierge Louise Coley before arrival with a few requests and were not disappointed. I've been in building 2 on each stay and love the location. Received a nicely refurbished room 2208, complete with balloons and some welcome gifts of fruit and a bottle of rum. Nice view from the room. Quiet too.
Really enjoyed the BBQ lunch party Saturday afternoon. Lots of fun, great food, and a nice way to meet the new staff and say hello to the old faves IE. Pablo Picasso. This place is just not the same without him. Trust me- I was here when he briefly left. There's no-one like him.
Went to every restaurant but Oceana. Food was as good as ever, however... every single one of us ended up sick at some time during the week. My friend missed our Saona Tour. I was sick on my Birthday and for days after leaving the resort. I read all the reviews with people complaining about illness, and thought, poor them, until it happened to us. That being said, I don't know what more the resort could have done. They gave you a squirt of anti-bacterial gel before entering the restaurants, the bathrooms and everything else was immaculately clean. Was being sick fun, absolutely not, but did it ruin my holiday- no way.
The Staff- what else can you say about them.
Louise- you are a doll and I consider you a friend. Thanks for everything- the lunch, the talks, the B-Day dinner in the Wine Room! Can't wait to bring you some more S&V chips & Cadbury chocs & catch up on more stories.
Darling the Apple Rep- so friendly and really went out of her way for us in more ways than I can count. Total sweetheart.
Ditto for Iris in Food & Beverage. Such a character! Enjoyed the VIP treatment including a special menu one night @ Bordeaux. Spoiled!!
Hector in the Pool bar in the Preferred Club- Best drinks in the resort- Anything and everything.
Indiana at the Infinity Pool- never without a smile, or an empty cup.
Belkis at the fruit boat- refreshing treats from the widest smile in the DR.
Snorkeling has been better as the water was pretty stirred up during our stay. This was disappointing for me as there's nothing better being able to have great snorkeling right from the beach. Speaking of...
Seems like the beach is receding- hope it's still there by my next visit- or they keep bringing in more sand. I also found it harder to find a chair this time too than in seasons gone by. The resort is certainly getting busier. And why not- it's a gem. I just hope too many people don't discover it or I'll never get a chair!
If you like quiet, go Preferred as it gets VERY loud at the infinity pool later afternoon. I found the resort had a rowdier crowd than I've ever seen there before, but there were two very large wedding parties there at the same time, so maybe that skewed things.
Absolutely hate the new theater in the conference centre. No comparison with the wonderful open-air one they used to have. Shows were decent though. Didn't set foot in the Casino.
I'm sure I'm missing something, so feel free to ask!
Would I come back for stay #5? Sure, as long as the staff continue to take such good care of me. They have earned my loyalty not only at this property, but the entire AMResorts chain. 10 stays and counting!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe