Just returned from Dreams La Romana. The place is gourgeous! We were in building 3 (because we had a family room-two adjoining rooms) and it was perfectly located. The pool with the swim up bar was just out our patio and the remainder of the resort was within easy walking distance.
Bienvenido (a server at the World Cafe) was exceptional 5 Stars. Very personable and pleasant to talk with but also very responsive to our needs. The buffet is buffet food-nothing great nor was it bad. The morning had fresh eggs any style, cooked to order omlets, OJ, chocolate milk. Lunch was nothing fancy either but definitly not bad. Cooked to order slim sirloins, chicken and sandwich meats.
The other restaurants on site (they acclaim no reservations needed) and they don't. However, if you are a late eater (730p-930p) then you can expect a wait. We were early eaters (630-7p) and never waited. But, as we were leaving there was always a line. The Bourdeux was the best great French Onion soup, excellent rack of lamb. The service was a little slow but I think they wanted you to dine versus eat. Himitsu (Oriental) was the second best. Good sushi and a variety of oriental dishes (chinese to korean to Malaysian).
I would have given 5 stars except for a practice that the resort does. The "day passes" for either cruise ships on a layover or locals. The people who showed up with the purple wrist bands (no one there had wrist bands except for the day passers). Usually 15-20 people showed up on 4 of the 6 days there and they were all different but LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. Also, never saw one of them leave the pool they hung in the pool with the swim up bar ALL DAY. Never saw them leave to use the bathroom (disgusting and they didn't care they were gone at the end of the day). The pool closed a little early (6p).
All in all a very relaxing vacation just not a fan of the day passers.
Ed from Michigan USA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst a world of pristine beaches, lush tropical jungle and turquoise sea on the southeast coast of the Dominican Republic, Dreams La Romana is the perfect resort for singles, couples and families. Unlimited Luxury Enjoy the many amenities of Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, where nearly everything is included. Every gourmet meal, every fine wine and cocktail, and so much more. At Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, these amenities include: •Elegant accommodations with incredible views •Gourmet dining at eleven specialty restaurants •24-hour room service •Unlimited top-shelf spirits at seven festive bars and lounges •All day and nighttime activities and entertainment •Option to upgrade to Preferred Club privileges •Free WiFi and international calling with Unlimited Connectivity (coming soon) •Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks •Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks •Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits •Complimentary mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, juices, bottled water and beer •24-hour room service •Specialty restaurants with no reservations required •Themed parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues •Pristine swimming pools •Pool and beach wait service •Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment •Explorer's Club for kids with supervised activities •Core Zone Teens Club with teen activities •Fitness center •No wristbands required •All taxes and gratuities Unlimited Top-Shelf Spirits Enjoy international and domestic top-shelf spirits, fine wines and ice-cold beer at any of our seven bars and lounges. Then keep the party going with 24-hour room service and your own complimentary mini-bar. All of your favorite drinks are served without limit or expected gratuities at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa. World-Class Spa Indulge and invigorate your senses with a day in the Dreams Spa by Pevonia. Spanning more than 21,000 square feet, the on-site spa at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa offers a la carte treatment options ranging from the traditional to transcendent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams La Romana Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Hotel Bayahibe
- Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa Dominican Republic/Bayahibe