“Great High Volume Commercial Hotel with very little customer focus”

Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Bayahibe
Saint Louis de Gonzague, Quebec, Canada
“Great High Volume Commercial Hotel with very little customer focus”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Great beach, great food. Not a place to go to if you are looking for a smile or service from the resort employees. Our room was 3404 Dec 18 to Dec 25 2012. It was 4 doors down from the pizza restaurant. No sleep in the wee hours of the morning due to noise outside our balcany door. Our room was cleaned daily but we did not receive bottled water on 3 of the 7 days. On the last evening, we had not towels. On our way to supper, we stopped at the front desk and requested towels be brought to our room with some bottled water. She made a call and then told us that they will be arriving to our room shortly. Needless to say, no towles and water were delivered. Beware of pushy Italiens. The resort is 90% Italien and the hotel caters to the Italiens including the evening shows. The MC of the show is Italien and do not expect much in the way of any other language.

Room Tip: No point..... You will only sleep in it. ;)
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Daniel B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach La Romana, Bayahibe, Dominican Republic for 2 weeks from 8 Nov. to 22 Nov. 2012. We got a bungalow with beach view, and it was perfect The cleaning was perfect. The staff was nice, smiling and efficient. The food very good, plenty of it and with variation. Also a lot for vegetarians!
The beach was also very good, white and with no big stones, - but we went about hundred meters away from the pool bar of the hotel because of loud music especially for young people and chose a more quiet pool that also had a restaurant and a bar.

To the manager: Plant more coconut palm trees very near the sea/water, just like you do outside the restaurant! It will make the beach much more beautiful, and make the beach different from other hotels.You have enough beach for it! More and more hotels plant new coconut trees about 1½ metres from the water.

Room Tip: The bungalows, especially those with a view of the sea, are excellent.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
VivaDominicusPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for apprise us with your comments regarding your recent stay in our property, we are more than glad to read all of your positive comments and also glad to know that we are reaching our goal which is the total satisfaction of each one of our visitor.

We hope to have the chance of being your selection once again for your future vacations.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

At 3 pm they dont have the room ready. Then after insisting they sent us to the room and its not done. Then no toileteries in the washroom. But the worst of all none of the bartenders. Restaurant personal even smile. You know how nic its to see yhe dominicans smile. What a shame. Food is boring and horrific quality even pasta and they are italians??!! They only care about you buying a tine share or club as they called it. Harrasment is the best way to describe. Usually the shows are good yhey were ok however they decided to do an adult show without even advising families with kids as mine. Come on. Is that difficult knowing the amont of families that go to your hotel??? Overall this is the worst hotel of Bayahibe. Do not go there not recomended. Better Dreams or Iberostar. Wont see me or my family and friends again.

Room Tip: None. Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Juan R
Dear Guest

We would like to thank for your comment about your stay in our hotel and at the same time we are sorry that our hotel and services have not satisfied your expectations as a customer. Your constructive remarks are and will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel and offer a better service to each one of our visitors.

We hope to have the opportunity in the near future to offer our service in one of our properties Viva Wyndham Resorts.

Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

This resort was gorgeous, the grounds were beautiful and the beach was perfect. The rooms were clean and there was no moldy smells and not a single bug (not sure what all those other reviewers were upset over). The staff was very friendly, we didn't have a single problem finding English speaking staff (again, not sure what all those complaints were based on). The location is awesome, I prefer it to Punta Cana. There was a lot of Italian people staying at the resort, it is obviously a favorite of theirs, but for me this was a bonus because I love pasta, pizza and cappuccinos and because this resort caters to mostly Italians they make sure they do those things well....and they do. Also, their desserts are amazing! The Italian thing could be an issue for you if you only speak English and are looking to meet people, if you are not concerned with meeting people than it is definitely not a problem (we did meet one other English speaking couple just before leaving). The ages range from infants to people in their 80s and everything in between so nobody should feel out of place. They put on a lot of activities during the day, we are not big joiners so I wasn't really concerned about it but I still appreciated the effort. In the evening they usually had some sort of theme party take place at the main bar....they were a lot fun. The drinks are really pretty good, everything I tried was great. We stayed a five star in Jamaica last year (never again....the five star I mean, not Jamaica) and the drinks were disgusting, I am not a particular fan of five star hotels as I find the clientele is a little too uptight...the staff was great though....but back to this place....you can not possibly be disappointed with the beach, the swimming is great and the sand is soft and powdery. The snorkeling is really good, there is a couple of pretty big reefs right out front with a lot of underwater life, it kept us busy all the time. Over all I thought this resort was excellent, I don't know what all the whining is about. I have been to a lot of resorts and I have also stayed at a lot of hostels (I am not picky) and the food is what it is from 5 star to 2 star...its there to feed the masses, its not going to be gourmet, unless you pay 5 grand to stay at a Sandals or what ever those high end places are called. But this place does a fantastic job with pasta and the pizza. Over all this place was great. Its clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, beach is great, drinks are great, the food was good ......and at the end of the day you are sitting on a beautiful sandy beach in the tropics with free flowing drinks and you don't have to do a thing, if you can't have fun with that then maybe you should consider that its just not your thing. Do your research before you go....but let me leave you with this thought. I often wondered how you could have two reviews of the same place at the same time and be completely opposite and then try to decide whose review you should believe, fact is I don't think anyone is lying or exaggerating (well maybe some people are a little melodramatic when they claim there vacations was completely ruined because there was a cracked tile in the bathroom) its just that these reviews are completely subjective....people are spending hard earned money and hard earned vacation time and are judging everything very emotionally, so when I say do your research, don't not just look at travellers reviews on places like Trip Advisor (although they can be valuable in their assessments, you have to take some of it with a grain of salt), also look at professional reviewers like the Oyster as these reviews are completely objective. These travellers are just doing their job,so they are not emotionally tied to the trip. Know before you go!

Room Tip: we stayed in the 33 hundred block with a view of the sea, it was clean and comfortable and air con w...
19 Thank need_for_travel
Dear Guest

Thanks for bringing to our attention your positive comments regarding your recently stay in our facilities, we are more than glad to read and know that we were at the height of all your expectations with our service.

We hope to be your selection in the near future to spend a second vacation into the Caribbean.

Bayamon, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

When I made the reservation they didn't send me the confirmation to my email, on a second call I did, I got it. Requested a king size bed.. Check in was fast, the room 3429, was a queen bed n the bathroom not updated. NO refrigerater, no bar, Scarlet, front desk was available of getting a room with the bed requested, We were moved to 4108. King bed but smelled like humid, room in itself and sheets. iRONING BOARD was seen in front glass. The bathroom ceiling n lighting were rusted. From the upstairs room would filtrate threw the walls.The shower got clogged, water would not go down as we showered..Asked for an upgrade, got the excuse that the hotel was full. NOT MUCH PEOPLE. Food, NOT GOOD. sERVICE PEOPLE at the different bars, were not friendly and rude. Pools were not maintain. Must say that ANGELO @ GUESTSERVICE was very attentive and willing to take our complaints, but could not do anything. Spoke to ELIEZER (supervisor) said he would write a complaint asked if he could email it to me, said WAS NOT POSSIBLE. Never got a good service or a sorry for all the inconvenience, Have been to many resorts, Melia, Hard Rock, Ocean Blue, this one was the WORST!!!!!!!!! NOT RECOMMENDED..

Room Tip: Pick an upgraded room from the beginning IF you should decide to stay here..
4 Thank Yvette H
Dear Guest

We would like to thank for your comment about your stay in our hotel and at same time we are sorry that our hotel and services have not satisfied your expectations as a customer. Your constructive remarks are and will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel and offer a better service to each one of our visitors.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at Viva Wyndham Dominicus beach. We booked a "superior" ocean front room. We got a dirty, old, musty bungalow. The first morning after waking up, I noticed I had a bug bite on my side and there was a quarter-sized bloodstain on the bed by the bite. A few days later, I woke up with about ten bites on the back of my neck. I've stayed at all-inclusive resorts before, and I have never had an issue with being bitten so badly by bugs while sleeping. The mattress was uncomfortable and appeared older than I am. We just got back home and I am washing all of our laundry because I am pretty sure our room at this resort was infested with bedbugs. When I tried telling a staff member that we were unhappy with our accommodations, I was blown off.
The majority of the staff were pleasant and friendly. A few staff members were pretty rude and seemed disgruntled. The food and drinks were pretty good. The beach was absolutely beautiful. The water is clear and warm and the weather was beautiful.
Next time we return the D.R., we will definitely not stay here because our room was so horrible.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, I suggest you request one of the newer, hotel-style rooms. They looked nicer a...
1 Thank eonorange
Dear Visitor,
Thanks for bringing to our attention your feedback regarding your recent stay in our property, it’s sad to know that we didn’meet your expectation with our services, and not just that, to know that your holidays weren’t comfortable at all. We respect all your comments and points before mentioned and for this reason some improvement project have started in order to give to all our guest the best service and satisfaction.
Receive our deepest apologies and we hope to have the opportunity in the near future to have you back again in our facilities like our mutual guest and offer you our best attentions.

Columbus, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Man, the naysayers sure are picky. We had a great time here. Room (lowest price level) only 3 stars but quiet with a nice sleep. Food and drink was 3-4-5 stars, depending which restaurant or buffet night you chose--even the buffet could be fantastic some nights. Beach, water activities, workers, dancing, European vacationers, cappucino were all 5 stars! Loved it. Hated leaving. Want to live here!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet location if you want to get to bed relatively early at night. Because of the high p...
Dear Visitor

Thank you very much for taking your time to post your impressions regarding your stay at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach, we are very glad to read your comments.
Here we are eagerly expecting your return once again to offer you our best attentions and services in our Viva Wyndham Resorts.

Best Regards

Customer Care
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Weare Cadaques Bayahibe Hotel
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace
Catalonia Gran Dominicus
Be Live Collection Canoa
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa

Been to Viva Wyndham Dominicus Beach? Share your experiences!