“First dive in the Dominican Republic”

Diving Dominican Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family ran PADI certified dive boat operation in Bayahibe, on the Caribbean coast of Dominican Republic, specializing in private scuba diving, scuba lessons and trips. The schedule is done completely by the clients (weather / sea conditions apply). For about the same price you can enjoy scuba diving and trips only with your family or group of friends. You’ll choose the dive sites, make your own schedule, nobody will rush anywhere. We do not limit the dive times, the only limitation is the air, bottom time and the weather / the sea conditions.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Wanted to share what a great experience we had diving with Jerry from Sharky's two weeks ago! My husband and I completed our certification just weeks before our trip so I was a little nervous about what to expect. Jerry was the perfect dive master for our first trip and provided an exceptional trip and introduction to diving! Because of our small group it was catered to our needs. It definitely didn't feel like a first dive! I was so comfortable and confident! It felt like we were diving with a good buddy!

Sharky's crew was extremely friendly and helpful. While taking the dive very seriously they were also very laid back and fun! Great operation!!!

Happy to say that we have new friends in the Dominican Republic!!

Thank you Jerry and everyone at Sharky's!!

Kindly,

Dusty and Kylee Zundel from Utah

Vladi54, Owner at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

Thanks for taking your time to write this review, it was pleasure to have you. Most of our clients become our friends, our clients are not only a number in a book.
Hope to see you back for more diving in Bayahibe and thanks again for booking with Sharky's

There are newer reviews for Diving Dominican Republic

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Let me start by saying I am a novice diver, having completed my theory and three of my pool dives at home in Canada before heading to fabulous Bayahibe Dominican Republic to finish my Open Water Diver certification with Sharky's and his crew.

I always felt safe and secure. Sharky's crew ensured I was always in control, safe but most of all enjoying myself.

Jerry was able to provide me with top notch instruction, and well serviced equipment, as well as some incredible diving. We completed my final 2 pool sessions and the 4 open water dives required and I was certified. I then had the opportunity to complete six dives at various pre planned sites.

Pierre and Jerry go out of their way to show you the various underwater specialties that the Bayahibe area has to offer. Wonderful colour corals, bountiful fish, and every once and a while catch a glimpse of something rare, like a large ray or turtle.

One of the best descriptions I heard was from one of Jerry's satisfied customers saying it was like watching live HD TV. I had the opportunity to dive Aquarium, Parqueo I and II, the Atlantic Princess Wreck, as well as Viva Shallow.

The dives were well led by Pierre, Sharky's Divemaster, or Jerry. Diving is taken very serious by this crew, but not without a lot of fun and laughs.

If you are looking for a specialized diving experience where the customer is king, I would recommend Sharky and his crew. You won't be disappointed. Sharky's will make all your arrangements. Whether you need transportation from Punta Cana, or just locally in the La Romana area. Personalized service is Sharky's specialty.

Thanks Jerry, Pierre and Gato for a great first diving experience. I will be back to do my Advanced Open Water diver next time!

Murray B - Regina, SK Canada

Thanks for posting this nice and detailed review. It was a pleasure to have you, share our scuba experience with you and introduce you into the scuba diving world. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope you keep on diving safely.
Thank you again for choosing Sharky's Crew for completing your scuba diving course

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I visited the DR in late Feb. & were looking to complete our Advanced Open Water course while there. We decided to go with Sharky's crew for our dives & and I am so glad we did! We are still very new to diving (we've only dove ~8 times prior to coming to the DR) and what I really liked about this co. is that they listened to what we wanted to get out of our dives and then tailored our days perfectly. Among some of the sites we visited were St. George's Wreck and the Atlantic Princess, Viva Shallow, Dominicus Reef and also took a trip to Saona Island (where we ate an authentic Domincan lunch=Amazing!) and Piscina Natural which was stunningly beautiful. Jerry & Pierre were excellent at finding sea life and pointing it out to us & Captain Gato was always close by ready to pick us up, help us with our gear and getting on and off the boat. One thing I didn't realize was that when you book the dives, you book the boat so we were able to visit the sites we wanted without having to compromise like when you're in a larger diving group. Even if you are staying in Punta Cana, this is the absolutely the dive co. to go with. I highly recommend diving with Sharky's crew!!

Thank-you so much Jerry, Pierre & Captain Gato for the awesome diving! We will be back!

Lisa & Dean

1  Thank Lisa D

Thanks for posting this nice review, it was pleasure to have you. Since we specialize in private diving, only the clients and our crew is on the boat. You made the schedule and chose the dive sites you wanted to see. It was great to have you, keep on diving safely, hope to see you back again in the near future.
Thanks again for booking with Sharky's

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I planned the dives with Jerry over emails and when I arrived I was greeted with a hearty hand shake and felt instantly welcomed.
They picked me and my gear up the first day, rinsed it all of for me, hung it all up to dry, and kept it secure the whole time I was staying in the DR.
For me that was a huge service as I had a 5 minute walk back to my hotel and the thought of lugging equipment back and forth was not good.
Pierre, our dive master, was a delight. He reviewed the dive procedure and then led my family and I on a wonderful set of dives exploring the reef, wrecks, and artifacts left at the bottom of the ocean. Pierre had an uncanny sense of where the sea life hang out and pointed out many different species throughout the dives. The captain was quick to respond to where we surfaced, was very helpful helping us get in and out of the water as well as working with all the tanks and gear on board.
All in all a very enjoyable dive experience.

Thank you for your great review, we enjoyed diving with you and your family too, hope to see you back in the future.
Thanks again for booking with Sharky's crew

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Sharky's crew was amazing! They were professional, the boat and shop was pristine and provided a great experience.

Thanks for the review, we are glad you enjoyed the trip with our crew and thank you again for booking with us