“I didn't get to actually book with them..”

Pro excursions Bayahibe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From La Romana, Enjoy the most unique sea & land Eco excursions offered in Bayahibe and Punta Cana with Pro Excursions. Visit the National Park of the East with all of its points of interests including the Islands of Saona, Catalinita and Catalina. If you are more a land person explore the Outback country with us across sugar cane fields, authentic villages, plantations and the wild river of Chavon. All of our guides have been selected and trained to offer you the best personalised, safe and fun experience during your day. They are also professionals that speak perfect English.If you want to LIVE the Dominican Republic, Pro Excursions is it! Adventure, discovery and fun garanteed in all of our house tours!! Cruise ship guests to La Romana also welcome!!!
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I didn't get to book with pro excursions but I loved their timely responses. I'm going to Dominican Republic for a short trip and didn't want to spend more than a day on excursions. (The full day adventure with zip lining is only Mondays and Thursdays)Nadine responded within a timely manner and even when I didn't end up booking was very nice and professional. I may even rethink planning around my short trip to fit two different excursions. I like doing business with people who display professionalism. :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)
All reviews
in 7 reviews
"first stop"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We took the Pro Saona for Cruisers excursion while in La Romana, Dominican Republic on the Carnival Breeze. We loved this excursion! I am so glad that we did this excursion and there was no need to worry they wouldn't get you back to the ship in time. We found this excursion to be a great value. The taxi situation at port can be a little stressful, but try to meet up with others on your cruise before and go as a group. Jessica was our tour guide and she was great and she made sure that everyone was having a great time! I highly suggest this tour and tour company while in the Dominican Republic!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have been on 8 cruises and have done MANY excursions.. but this by far was my husbands favorite one of all time. Found P.O. online as I don't book thru ship as its always more costly and not as long of a tour as when I do the research on my own and book with locals. We got in taxi where we were told to go and took the 15 minute ride to Pro Excursions site. Nice to be greated by English speaking people :) Met Oscar our guide and waited for others. Only one other family of five along with us participating on our tour. While we waited we had bathroom facilities and free water/snacks available. Safety glasses were provided and we had the option to buy scarves for our faces although we brought our own. We took open air bus to the site of the buggies.. about a 10 minute drive thru backwoods/villages. Awesome ride in itself. Once arrived at buggies had short demo on use/safety and off we went. Oscar (fascinating 25 years old originally from Venazuela) led our group on an ATV. 3 buggies followed and a 4th in the rear with a mechanic on board in case of breakdowns (good thing as he was needed for a few repairs along the way.. nothing that interrupted our day.. minor but necessary repairs). Off we went down dirt roads. paths, thru villages.. sugar cane fields, plantations.. speeding along getting dirty as an be. :) only thing to make it better would have been if it had rained day prior for some good old puddles of mud. But none the less.. we came back filthy as can be loving every second. We stopped at a village, donated money and Oscar went to the store .. bought rice which we delivered to the local pastors wife to dispurse among the village. Oscar bought a big bag of candy for the kids.. and threw it in the air for all the kids to enjoy scrambling around to get some. They loved it!!! What an experience to be in this very poor little village enjoying the children. They spoke little English and did 'ask' for peso or one dollar repeatedly.. but it broke your heart and you wished you could give each of them a dollar. Here our other tour guests dropped off a big bag of school supplies they had brought with them. (all I had is gum which I handed out in an earlier field of kids as I knew I could give them all one as it was a small group. they were very appreciative although I wish I had more to give them.) Once leaving the village we went to river where Anaconda, Rambo and a few other films were filmed. We went in, some just waded in water, some went full in.. it was like bath water and what a beautiful peaceful private area. Just green vegetation and this beautiful river all to ourselves... Then it was on to a banana plantation and saw the many types of bananas/plantains. We stopped at a local man's 'hut' where he had prepared yuka chips, plantains and a few other items for us. We had a tour of his 'hut' and the area surrounding (lots of vegetation/no electricity/one room w/ bed/awesome bamboo hut patio as I like to call it). We then headed back to where we had picked up the dune buggies. (bathroom facility on premises). The whole day Coochie Coochie on his motorcycle sped up and down the paths along side of us taking pictures . He would be laying on the ground... up in the air on a trellis.. you never knew where he would pop up. He took SO MANY pics of our great day. It was when we got back we had an option to view some of the pics on a slide show. We bought the CD disc for $30 and it was worth every penny to remember this day. It also has a ton of local music on it which can be played during the slide show. We then took the open air bus back to the P.O. headquarters right on the water. We enjoyed a beer (which the lovely family we toured with bought for us :)) and visited until our taxi came back. From the time we got the taxi in the morning 9:15 it was many hours of delight til the taxi came back for us 3:00pm. All in all the cost was $165 for us both which included the taxi fare. We donated $20 towards the rice and tipped Oscar, Coochie Coochie and the mechanic. What a day.. and worth every cent. The ship wanted $115.99 per person just for a 3 hour buggy tour. We never felt unsafe at all... and experienced more than we could have asked for. Book this tour when going to LoRomana, Dominican Republic and you will not be disappointed.!

4  Thank tandk14125
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at an all-inclusive, but wanted an excursion out to hear about the history of the Dominican Republic. At our hotel, we were offered a tour to Santa Domingo for a slightly cheaper price, but we would've been on a bus with 20 - 50 people, and subjected to 2.5 hours of shopping. We knew that wasn't for us, so we strolled into Bayahibe looking for an English-speaking excursion to Santa Domingo. We found Pro Excursions, they gave us their pitch, and we signed up. Took a bit of getting used to paying cash for everything (we preferred credit card), but all the tour operators seem to do this.

Our tour guide (sorry, I don't remember his name) spoke at least three languages - Spanish, French (the other 6 people) and English (the two of us). As minority English speakers, he addressed us last when explaining the sites, which was fine with us - from the bit of French I could pick out, he didn't leave anything out.

The tour itself was good - pickup was on time (we were a few mins late), we got a good briefing of the city itself on the way there (about an hours drive) and got dropped off at a few historical sites. We also got an hour free time to walk around the colonial town, which was great for me to just walk around and take photos. We also stopped at some caves (more like underground rivers and pools) which we found interesting.

The only part we didn't fancy was stopping at a jewellery shop, but since there were people in our group who actually were interested, I take this as mere personal opinion rather than a slight against the company.

We also stopped at a cocoa shop which gave us a chance to buy cheap souvenirs for friends.

The vehicle was a large van (as opposed to a tour bus) making for a more comfortable ride.

Lunch was included in this tour.