I was with a group of a total of 8 people, not all with the same likes and dislikes. We all have been to large all-inclusive resorts, which we have enjoyed a lot. Cadaques Resort, of course, is not one of them, but everyone knew about it before and the reviews were enticing. It would be something different, we thought.
The place is very appealing to the eye. I enjoyed the architecture very much. However, you get a strange feeling as you walk about. Except for the weekend (to a certain extent), there is hardly anybody around. Most of the apartments and rooms are privately owned (or in the process of being sold) and some owners rent them out. So, picture yourself a pretty nice beach, preceded by a nice sandy area with plenty of room for games and activities – mostly empty.
The food choices at the 2 and half restaurants are limited but not very expensive, once you learn your way around the menu. Some dishes are enough that you can share with a partner. Going out to Bayahibe is, of course, an option. The town is pretty depressing at night, although you can find some good food in various restaurants (fish and shrimp especially) at a reasonable price. You will need a taxi if you don’t have a car. In order to cook your own food you would need a place where to buy the provisions. Unfortunately, the make-believe store on the premises is hardly suitable.
Entertainment, or access to it, was sorely missed. Good thing we had playing cards, or else, television. This place is suitable for resting, if that is your objective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cadaques offers you the opportunity to escape into a different reality. Our little nook in Bayahibe, with crystal clear waters and sandy beaches, has a diverse set of activities for the whole family. Cobbled streets invite you to enjoy the unique combination of daily Mediterranean life and relaxed island feeling of a small village. Take a walk with us and see our chapel, its tropical gardens, and our different entertainment areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Weare Bayahibe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cadaques Caribe Resort And Villas
- Cadaques Caribe Resort & Villas Hotel Bayahibe
- Hotel Weare Bayahibe Dominican Republic