“Highly recommend! ”

Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)
More attraction details
Owner description: Stand Up Paddle Boarding (or SUP) is the new, eco friendly way to get out on the water and have fun. It's easy to learn and anyone can do it! Standing on your paddleboard gives you a unique view of the marine life below as you glide across the calm, crystal clear waters of Bayahibe Bay. Take a guided coastal tour, lesson or rent a board and experience this new watersport in a tropical paradise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancée and I did a two hour excursion with bayahibe SUP. We had an amazing time learning about the area, seeing the amazing coastline, and getting a great workout. We were picked up and dropped off at our hotel and the guides could not have been more helpful or accommodating. We had an amazing time and spent a lot less than we would have if we had booked an excursion through the hotel. Neither of us had done stand up paddle boarding before but the instruction was great and we got the hang of it pretty quickly. So much fun! If you are in the area please consider booking with bayahibe SUP!

Mari B, Manager at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and writing us such a great review! We had a really good time paddling with you, and you both did great!

We hope to see you soon again in the Dominican Republic, so we can show you more of our fantastic coast line!

Bayahibe SUP Team

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My friends and I went on a Carnival Cruise last week and spent one day in Dominican Republic. I'd been paddleboarding once before and we thought this tour looked great. Mari was awesome and took us out after a short instruction. The water was gorgeous and we got some beautiful views. I highly recommend this tour as it's very reasonably priced and it's a beautiful day at the beach. Mari is great and set up our transportation for us. Definately try paddleboarding if you haven't!

Mari B, Manager at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for that great review! We really appreciate it!

We had really fun paddling with you, and we were impressed with the way you and your friends showed us different ways to ride a SUP-board.

We hope you will choose to spend more time in the Dominican Republic on your next holiday, and look forward to SUP with you again!

The Bayahibe SUP Team

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our group enjoyed our SUP adventure. Step by step instructions and quality equipment had us up and moving in no time! None of us had been paddleboarding before and we all loved it! Can't wait to be back and rent boards for the day.

Mari B, Manager at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! It is very much appreciated!

We had a great time SUP:ing with you guys, and are really looking forward to seeing you here and paddling with you again! And next time I hope we will have better luck with, you know what... :-)

The Bayahibe SUP Team

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I had a great time with Yumi and Mari. It was out first time trying SUP and both Yumi and Mari were extremely patient with me and took time to show me how to paddle correctly though my husband was up and going right away. Even with my lack of coordination I was able to stand up and not fall! I felt safe and had a blast! SUP is a beautiful way to explore the crystal clear calm waters of Bayahibe, we are so glad we got to do for the first time at this gorgeous beach. It was very relaxing and as a bonus we got a nice tan that morning. Yumi also took some great pictures of us, we are thankful to have this fun memory of our trip to DR. She had water and some delicious fruit we enjoyed during a break. We highly recommend this excursion with Yumi and Mari! They are both very friendly, professional and accommodating. If I can do it everyone can do it ;)
It is only a nice short walk from Dreams La Romana but I am sure to can make arrangements from other resorts.
Thank you ladies for an amazing time! We loved it!

Mari B, Manager at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a such a nice review! We really appreciate it.

We're happy to hear you both enjoyed your SUP Surfari with us, and we had a good time SUPing with you. You both did great!

We hope that you will come back and SUP with us again!

from the Bayahibe SUP Team

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We recently spent three weeks exploring the beautiful country of the DR. Our initial stop was in Bayahibe, where we enjoyed a lovely few days before getting our feet wet as first-timers on a paddle board. We had booked with SUP a few weeks before we left the US and were very impressed by the immediate and thorough email correspondence. Once at the SUP office,Yumi and team made us feel most welcome as they provided instructions and got us in the lovely waters of the Caribbean. Although the water was a little less calm than it normally is in that area, we were able to get up on the boards and paddle around. We even saw several starfish gracing the ocean floor under our boards! I admit to having wet noodle legs pretty quickly and to sitting down most of the way once we got outside the practice area. That's not a bad way to travel either! The little cove provided a nice respite and my husband was surprised by an enthusiastic version of Feliz Cumpleaños, complete with a birthday cupcake. Very nice personal touch!

Having read the positive reviews ahead of time, we are delighted that we can add our comments in the 5 bullet category. Thanks, Yumi!

YB1, Owner at Bayahibe SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding), responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a review, we really appreciate it.
It was a pleasure to meet and SUP with you both and we're happy we could add a little something special to your husband's birthday :-)
We hope you'll come back and SUP with us again one day.

saludos from sunny Bayahibe!
from the Bayahibe SUP Team