“AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!”

Bayahibe Fishing Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep Sea and Bottom Fishing trips specialist in Bayahibe/La Romana. We also do private tours to the islands.For a great day out..Come and fish with captain PEPE recognised as the best fisherman in the area. Multilingual staff with more than 20 years experience.We are based in Bayahibe Beach at Cyber Cafe Coco in Bayahibe
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 12 February 2014

After reading all the reviews on TripAdvisor, I pre booked my Saona Island excursion with Bayahibe Fishing Centre before I left. Communication with Sara via email was excellent.

Pickup the day of the trip from the hotel was on time and a short 10 minute cab ride from the Iberostar Dominicus.

The trip itself...incredible...any photos you see will not do it justice. And I can't say enough about Sara - multilingual, she slides effortlessly from language to language engaging all of her clientele with interesting information and what to look for. Likewise, she pays particular attention to the safety of the elderly and young. About 24 people on the boat, all ages, all nationalities.

We were taken by speed boat from Bayahibe and sailed east along the coast past the resorts, crossed a channel and onto Saona Island. You'll pass the first part of Saona Island littered with hundreds of white resin tanning chairs - that's where the others tours stop with the larger catamarans. Go there if you want to "party". Sara will take you further east where no partying catamaran dare wonder, about 2 miles east of the village of Mano Juan, to pure white sand and blue water. You'll have a few hours there to "chill" - light snacks and beverages available from Sara. A few locals setup to hawk their wares, not a big deal, they will leave you alone. You can get a massage if you like.

After a few hours boat back to Mano Juan for lunch, a small local fishing village. Lunch prepared advance by the locals. Lobster, chicken, potatoes, rice, salads, etc. The amount of lobster was astounding....everyone had their fill...impossible for anyone not to say they didn't pig out on lobster. After lunch, Sara will take you around the village for an hour, show you life around here, to a turtle hatchery, and then on to some local vendors. After that, sail on to the mangroves and the "natural pool" to see the star fish.

What a day - enjoyed by everyone - and Sara was an incredible host as were her crew. Do not hesitate to use Bayahibe Fishing Centre.

2  Thank TheDoncas
bigbite, Owner at Bayahibe Fishing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review!!!.

Thank for appreciating the difference that we make, the personal touch, the homemade food, the fresh food and the amount of lobster that we offer to make everybody happy.

We really glad to read that you enjoyed yourselves so much and we really hope to meet you again in paradise!!!!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I booked a day long fishing trip during a recent trip to la romana. Everything was very easy to arrange via email prior to my arrival in the Dominican. On the planned day as previously arranged and requested, i was promptly picked up at my resort and transported to boat. Once there I was met by the guide and after a quick completion of payment we were on our way. During my day of fishing the guide was attentive and eager to get us some fish. No luck with the fishing that day but it wasn't from lack of effort. Lunch was build your own sandwich (not my sort of thing to do in a boat) but the food, pop, water and beer were plentiful and cold. All and all a good day. I would recommend not taking Sara I for a full day. The lack of seat cushions and size is better suited for a half day or a full day with a shore trip to the island.

bigbite, Propietario at Bayahibe Fishing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review.
We will take very seriuosly all your comments to keep improving the service.
We are glad that you have a good experienc with us.

Regards

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We enjoyed our day out fishing, visiting the island and seeing starfish on 1/8/13, but for English speaking guests, even though Anthony was pleasant, and accommodating as our substitute guide, (Pepe was sick) on a full day trip we needed someone with a command of the English language, that is why I asked ahead of time. In all fairness, because we had made the very early journey to the fishing site already, it did not make sense to cancel when we were told on site Anthony had "some" English and would be our guide, as we already had $50 US invested.

In addition, when paying for three people to fish I also expected three rods on the boat, or at least be told ahead of time that only two rods would be available . I would have booked the trip elsewhere had I known there would be two rods only.

I understand many things need tending to, and items can sometimes be missed, but I think these two items would have made the experience one we could have recommended to others. At I reflect back on the experience, I believe that the package was somewhat misrepresented

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read some disappointment. Unfortunately, our English speaking Pepe was sick for that day and you were informed. Perhaps we didn´t understand each other well as you could made us aware that you wanted to go fishing with him, and we would change the date, no problem.

About the boat, we did send you a picture of the boat where clearly shows only two rod holders prior your on lin booking.
Nevertheless, we are aware of this small details and we will make sure clients understand how the boat is to avoid any misunderstanding in future.

Wish you the best and thank you for the pictures

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were staying at Dreams La Romana for vacation with family and friends. I booked the trip by taking an 8 minute walk down the beach to the Bayahibe Fishing Center. I met with Sara and booked a 1/2 day trip. On Friday January 3, 2014, 8 of us sailed with Captain Pepe and first mate Ignacion. We boarded the vessel promptly at 0800 hrs. The engines were running, bait, fishing tackle and refreshments were all ready to go. We headed SE to a depth of about 150 meters. By that time Ignacion, the mate, had the outriggers set up and all 4 rods were in the water. We trolled around fishing buoys that attracted some bait fish and it wasn't long before we had fish on. Only some Bonita at first that the mate rigged up immediately for fresh bait. The next knock down on the outrigger was a Marlin. I was on the flying bridge with Capt. Pepe and we actually had sight of the fish. Unfortunately the Marlin spit the hook and we reeled in just a mangled piece of bait. The ocean was alive all around the boat as we trolled thru school after school of tuna. We had a tuna on the line but again we lost it...just unlucky. Captain Pepe and his first mate worked very hard the entire 4 hrs. we were out fishing. The experience was fantastic...great crew, great boat made for a great fishing trip.

bigbite, Propietario at Bayahibe Fishing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and pictures on your fishing trip with us.
We are glad that you enjoyed yourselves so much and hopefuly next time you catch the big one.
As we all know fishing is fishing and we cannot warranty the catch, but still a great fun to try it.

We look forward to meet you again in paradise!!!!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Today we took an excellent trip with this operator that I would highly recommend. They were extremely well informed about the geography, history, and wildlife in the Dominican Republic. Everything we did was well planned and the choicest and most attractive sites.

Great trip with thatnks

bigbite, Owner at Bayahibe Fishing Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Many thanks for your review.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your tour with us and we hope to meet you very soon in paradise again!!!!