What a great holiday at such a reasonable price! Book through Thomas Cook for the best deal.
I travelled with five friends in a total of three rooms in block 6 top floor. We stayed for two weeks from the last week in June to the first week in July. My friends had been here before and liked the food so much they wanted to return. The food is spectacular! Choose from four Al a Carte restaurants and one buffet for the evening meals. The lobster was large and we could eat steak every day. The sea bass was the best I ever tasted!
Onto the beach (we never used the pool). If you want beds in front of the sea don't even arrive there at 6 am. People were putting the towels down the night before. This is even though the hotel prohibited it. They need to do something about this.
The grounds are kept perfectly and have ducks, peacocks and swans.
All the staff are great and the odd dollar tip goes down very well. Find your favourite waiter and stick with them. They will go out of the way to serve you.
Are there any downsides? I did expect free Wifi but none of the hotels in the area offer that. It will come in time the more people ask for it. Not all the staff spoke English. Isn't that part of the charm? If you want all English speaking stay in England! The check in check out procedures need to be improved. No smile, no "welcome,' did you have a nice journey" and "did you have a pleasant stay?" They seemed to rush you through as quickly as possible.
It's good to get to know the management and they are always there to help. They value your feedback! Brit ( the director) was very helpful to us and she always said hello if she saw us around the resort.
Would I return? Most definitely. The All Inclusive five star hotels in Spain are more expensive and don't serve lobster!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on a fantastically beautiful, fine sandy beach. Around 5 km from the finish village of Bayahibe. Top 5-star luxury. Tropical gardens. Varied gastronomy. Water sports galore. Spa & Health Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Hacienda Dominicus
- Iberostar La Romana
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe