What can I say that has not been said before about this Hotel? Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus is at No. 1 because it is No.1.
Let me firstly say I was disappointed at check in because they never had my party of 8 on their check in list. I had my written confirmation from Thomascook so there was no problem there. But after a 15 hour journey we had to wait an hour for check in because no rooms were ready for us.
Right now that I have my moan out of the way!
The rooms once allocated were large, spacious, fridge with beer water and several juices, and tea and coffee making facilities. Air conditioning was superb with a large ceiling fan also in the centre of the room. The maids were superb in the different designs they left with your curtains and towels, a work of art.
There are plenty of beds around the pool but we tended to spend our time on the beach near “The Best Beach Bar in the Dominican” a Lighthouse Design Bar tended by the always smiling Yan.
Just a note to there is wheelchair access to the beach bar by a wooden walkway and also positions on the beach where wheelchairs can access beach beds via a wooden walkway.
The entertainment team are superb, you cannot feel anything but “Happy Happy” with them all especially Lenny. Well done to the whole team.
The food was brilliant, breakfast, lunch, and dinner such a variety. The secret is to pick something different each day instead of taking a bit of everything, then it is not repetitive ….. Easy huh!
All the restaurants were superb especially the Steakhouse and the Colonial (many thanks to Nelson who manage to get us a late booking). The restaurants are easy to book each morning at the entrance to Block 4. Nelson and Esther were our waiters in the buffet restaurant where nothing was too much trouble. Esther would even fan me if I was too hot (thanks Esther lol).
The night time shows are good with a lot of effort put in by the entertainment staff. The bar staff are brilliant to say the least, many thanks to Carlos, Florimont, Ramona,
This is a fabulous resort and is one I will be visiting again when going to Dominican Republic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus Hotel offers 5-star All Inclusive accommodations in Bayahibe, a picturesque village on the Dominican Republic's southeast coast. This is the perfect beachfront locale for indulging in a comfortable, luxurious Caribbean vacation. Designed with both couples and families with children in mind, our top hotel's entertainment program includes activities for young and older alike as well as a modern spa for serene relaxation and high quality dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Bayahibe
- Iberostar Hotel Hacienda Dominicus
- Iberostar La Romana
- Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus Dominican Republic/Bayahibe