“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Frisco, Texas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Grounds were awesome! Pool fantastic! Room and bed great! Beach good, but water had rocks out there to stub your toes on and was not clear enough to snorkel. Most guest and staff did not speak English or very little English, but there were enough to be able to communicate. The resort overall is AWESOME...it really is! The food had a good variety and tasted good. We ate and drank just about everything and did not get sick. Iberostar should be very proud of this resort. They work hard to make you happy...appreciate that and spend your money with people who work HARD for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

4 Thank FeoDriver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice resort; good food; room was comfortable. The beach not so nice coral/ limestone too much. Lighthouse Beach Bar tenders not so friendly. The buffet not as enjoyable as Iberostar Bavaro. Would return to Bavaro, probably wouldn't return to this resort. Least likeed beach of visited Iberostar resports.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jern1956
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel was wonderful, so friendly and welcoming. From the moment we stepped into the beautiful lobby we just knew we were going to enjoy every minute of our stay and we certainly did.
The staff were ever so helpful at all times and very friendly.
The check in was gast and we had a beautiful ocean view room in block 4. The restaurant we used most was the main buffet which was always plentiful. Maybe not as luxurious in other hotels , but it was always bustling and colorful with lots of good choices of fresh food. The waitresses in their dominican dresses looked so pretty and they were all an absolute delight.
Lunches we ate at the restaurant by the beach which is the steak restaurant at night. I must say the variety for lunch was always vast , some beautiful fresh salads and decent meats plus some good hot choices including pizza and pasta.
The speciality restaurants we tried were the steak and Mexican where they enforce the gentlemen in long trouser rule. Both excellent but the Mexican was our favourite. I loved the lobby bar in this hotel for a quiet drink and people watching as we don't really bother with hotel entertainment.
I loved the mimosas and good coffee in the lobby bar.
There are a few shops within the hotel although I didn't buy anything they seemed to have some nice trinkets.
All in all a great week spent here and I hope to visit again someday :)

Room Tip: Block 4 nearest the beach is a good position and the rooms are larger.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank shirleyVManchester
Deinze, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

You'll love this hotel with her beautiful gardens, trees and animals.
The staff is great and very helpful. The pool area is great and the new chairs are one of the best I had in many years.
The food is of a excellent quality. Although they can work on the presentation and creativity of it. that wood give a extra to the catering.
The restaurant was sometimes a bit warm but hey, we are in the tropics not?
The only miner was that a lot of the staff people only spook Spanish.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to everybody.
The beach area is great, big and has enough chairs. There is even a cute lighthouse bar at the beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mickel S
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We just spent 7 days at Iberostar in Hacienda Dominicus and I can say it was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever taken. The resort was immaculate and everyone that we met that worked there was extremely nice.

Most of our group were new divers and had just been certified a few weeks earlier. Ivo and his staff at the Dressel Dive shop were incredible. They were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure everyone had a great time. They were very detailed in checking each divers equipment and addressed any issues prior to getting on the boat. If you are a diver I would highly recommend using Dressel if you are in the DR because they are top notch in my opinion.

We also took the Saona Island excursion which was a blast. Some of our group did the 2 dives and others did the snorkeling trip. I was on the snorkel boat and Enrique was one of our guides. He was amazing. He would go down and find marine life under rocks and ledges and bring them out to show the group. If I would not have followed him around I would not have seen near the amount of things I was able to see. You can tell he truly loves his job.

The beach at the resort was great and it was not difficult finding chairs. During the day there were quite a few activities and Gabriel made sure there was plenty of fun to be had. The guy is hilarious and has more energy than any human being I have met.

One of the only negative comments I can think of was in regard to the catamaran lessons my son took. The instructor spoke absolutely no English and the lesson was a total waste of money. After 20 minutes the instructor brought the boat back and told my son he was ready to go out by himself which was ridiculous. They charge you $50 if they have to come out and rescue you so maybe that is the way he supplements his lesson fee. I must say afterwards I did speak to Ivo at Dressel about the catamaran lesson and he was more than accommodating.

The food at the resort was good and Maria who worked at the buffet by the lobby was very nice and took great care of us.

I would definitely give this resort a thumbs up and hope to return some day.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank steve w
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

What can I say that has not been said before about this Hotel? Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus is at No. 1 because it is No.1.
Let me firstly say I was disappointed at check in because they never had my party of 8 on their check in list. I had my written confirmation from Thomascook so there was no problem there. But after a 15 hour journey we had to wait an hour for check in because no rooms were ready for us.
Right now that I have my moan out of the way!
The rooms once allocated were large, spacious, fridge with beer water and several juices, and tea and coffee making facilities. Air conditioning was superb with a large ceiling fan also in the centre of the room. The maids were superb in the different designs they left with your curtains and towels, a work of art.
There are plenty of beds around the pool but we tended to spend our time on the beach near “The Best Beach Bar in the Dominican” a Lighthouse Design Bar tended by the always smiling Yan.
Just a note to there is wheelchair access to the beach bar by a wooden walkway and also positions on the beach where wheelchairs can access beach beds via a wooden walkway.
The entertainment team are superb, you cannot feel anything but “Happy Happy” with them all especially Lenny. Well done to the whole team.
The food was brilliant, breakfast, lunch, and dinner such a variety. The secret is to pick something different each day instead of taking a bit of everything, then it is not repetitive ….. Easy huh!
All the restaurants were superb especially the Steakhouse and the Colonial (many thanks to Nelson who manage to get us a late booking). The restaurants are easy to book each morning at the entrance to Block 4. Nelson and Esther were our waiters in the buffet restaurant where nothing was too much trouble. Esther would even fan me if I was too hot (thanks Esther lol).
The night time shows are good with a lot of effort put in by the entertainment staff. The bar staff are brilliant to say the least, many thanks to Carlos, Florimont, Ramona,

This is a fabulous resort and is one I will be visiting again when going to Dominican Republic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Mike4golf
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Let me begin by stating the obvious, we LOVE this Hotel. We've tried many others in Dominican Republic and always return to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Why? because the STAFF is the BEST! From Hotel Manager to gardeners and maids, everyone works with a BIG smile on their face, and go out of their way to make you feel special... So it that we decided to have our destination wedding here.. after 15 yrs together it had to be something very special and in a very special place. Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus and event coordinator staff Evelyn, put together the perfect Beach wedding for us. Thanks to all for making our week stay so wonderful... Gracias ;-)

Room Tip: Any building is fine since property is not too big, Suites on Bld 4 are Ocean front
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VillySan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bayahibe
Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 11 in Juan Dolio
Melia Caribe Tropical

Been to Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus? Share your experiences!