4,059 results
All reviews beach side la yuca viva wyndham ocean front santo domingo palm trees spoke english sister property beautiful beach specialty restaurants vip bar animation team a la cartes vip area paddle boarding dinner reservations have a good time
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this wonderful resort on Sept 30 2017- Oct 5th 2017 for our 2nd wedding Anniversary. We enjoyed it so much. Everybody was so nice and pleasant from check- in to Check- out. The food was amazing at the buffet, El Palacio, Bamboo, Pizza shop. Representative for Viva club by the name of Mario Louis was exceptional and caring. He showed us around so we can be familiar with the grounds. He also invited us on a 1 hour tour, which we went on .Even though we did not join the Viva Club, he still treated well and greeted us everyday and asked us about our day. Angel who worked in the lobby bar and The dominican restaurant was very nice and patient. He always greeted us even when we didn't go up to the bar to get a drink. Thanks Viva Wyndom Dominicas Palace we will be visiting again next year this time with a group of friends.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Memi C
VivaDominicusPalace, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear customer,

Thank you for your review regarding the Viva Wyndham Dominicus.

It is very nice to read your good remarks about our services and facilities. Also we are very happy to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and you enjoyed so much your anniversary in our company.

We look forward to your next stay at our resort and thank you for recommending us to your friends and in this site.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I believe this hotel needs to understand what business they are in. They seem to not know they are in the hospitality business. I had an issue upon check-in, that was an error on our part, that seemed to be easy to fix but wasn't resolved until after we gave them money. I would urge Americans that if you go to this resort to only go if you are with a group of other Americans or if you are fluent in any other language, especially Spanish. This hotel is heavily marketed in Europe causing it to cater more to Europeans. The resort grounds are really well kept, even after recent flooding. The beach is great but can be rocky at points. I was only able to eat at 1 restaurant but at the buffett moat nights/mornings and ate at the snack shacks the rest of the time. The room was lackluster and kind of run down. The beds were comfortable enough. Our trip was cut short due to Hurricane Maria but we were glad to be leaving. I have never been excited to leave a resort on the beach but the front desk set that precedent by not allowing us to check in until 4 hours of being in the lobby on the phone and arguing. I understand that it was an error but it didn't seem like something that I needed to wait for 4 hours for. I would suggest training the front desk employees and esecially the supervisor to not be so hard nosed about something like that. How was I supposed to enjoy my vacation after that? I would say this resort, compared to others, is not up to par. Again, because of the experience I had I will never return to ANY Wyndham hotel. There are plenty of other hotels that are willing to go above and beyond for their customers.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KobraKai1216
VivaDominicusPalace, Director General at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know your experience our facilities and with our staff.

The opinions of our guests are of the utmost importance to us and our main source of information to improve our facilities and service.

We truly regret not having been able to fulfill your expectations and we would like to inform you that we took note of your comments. We are going to apply corrective measures where necessary in order to avoid similar problems in the future. It would have been more helpful if we would have received your comments during your stay in order to find a solution for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

Service quality is our major concern in the Resort so we really do appreciate any comment that helps us to improve our service standards.

We really hope you will decide to visit us again in the future, thus giving us another chance not only to comply with, but to exceed your highest expectations and demonstrate that our commitment towards your satisfaction is a reality and not mere words.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Myself and my significant other stayed at this hotel February 2017! We had a fantastic time, as the beach was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and there was so much to do! I would definitely recommend this hotel to all age groups, families, or couples as well. A lot of reviews mentioned that no one spoke English, and I will say that was definitely true for our week there as well. However, the staff knew well enough what we were saying, and were extremely pleasant and helpful when possible. This wasn't something that bothered me in any way, in fact it was fun to practice my own Spanish with the locals, but something to be mindful of if you're worried about that.

Room/Suite (3/5)
Nothing spectacular, but totally fine. We were in a superior garden room suite. Our room was on the bottom floor, located right next to the Palace-only buffet on the far end of the resort. The noise level was great, and the room had decent amenities. Our room was a bit dingier, but we rarely spent any time in there anyways! I will say that it was VERY far away as these two resorts combined cover a pretty large distant, but that was okay with us. However, if you have any physical exceptionalities or special concerns I may request a room more centralized.

Beach/Pool (4.5/5)
The ONLY reason I'm not giving this a 5/5 is because this resort is without a swim up bar. Now, that's just something I personally care about, so if this doesn't bother you then I'm sure you'll be thoroughly impressed. They had 3 main pools: the one in the centre was mostly surrounded by children and families, there was one that I think was specifically for certain rooms (I could be wrong here lol), and there was another one on the palace side. This pool was quiet, had it's own bar, and tons of seating. Now onto the beach: AMAZING! The water was so clear, there is TONS of beach, and a LOT of seating. However, I will say that we did spend times wandering around for a while to find two together, so keep that in mind. Large resort = lots of people. That being said, I never felt crowded by the amount of people. There were tons of non-motorized water activities to do, and the staff were so nice!

Dining (4/5)
With our package we only had 3 a la carte reservations. We chose to dine at the Italian restaurant (amazing), the Asian restaurant (also delicious), and 25 (creative & classy). The service was great, the food was prompt & delicious. The buffets offered authentic cuisine, tons of options, and good quality. I'm not a picky eater, nor is my boyfriend, but we were very pleased with the food at this resort.

Service (3.5/5)
The staff was extremely pleasant and very helpful whenever necessary. I always find it hard to comment because I don't often ask the staff for much, but from what I could tell everyone was extremely engaging, always had a smile, and were there to help. I only say 3.5 as they weren't English speaking so a few times the language barrier created a bit of a miscommunication but nothing that bothered me in any way.

Activities (4/5)
TONS of things to do! As I already said, huge hotel with a lot of restaurants, bars, pools, grounds, non-motorized water sports, daily planned and posted activities, great theatre shows, lovely main lobby with pool tables, foosball, etc. There were a ton of shops on the hotel grounds, and the trapeze at the far end was SO much fun, would definitely recommend. As well as archery! For just two of us there was always something to occupy our day, and the list of excursions was endless.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JennyFinlay

Dear customer,

We sincerely appreciate your positive review about your vacation at Viva Wyndham Dominicus.

Our goal is to provide all of our guests with enjoyable and happy vacation experiences. We are glad to know that we have achieved this.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at our Resort.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Viva Wyndham Dominicus .

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 August 2017

amazing time at this wonderful resort... they have a lot of experience with the tourists so they can take good care of them...amazing beaches, amzing places and amazing time overall. we can't wait to go there again!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank born2travelit
VivaDominicusPalace, Director General at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear customer,

We really appreciate your review published on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your remarks and especially we are happy to know that you had a great vacation at our resort.

Thank you for recommending Viva Wyndham Dominicus. Please do not forget that we will be pleased to welcome you back at anytime.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Dominicus is a Town created by a Visionary Mr Wayne Fuller long time ago, this resort start with 24 Stone Cabanas with water beds designed by the Arquitect Fred Goico, this hotel is amazing since then.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RubenG1
VivaDominicusPalace, Director General at Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments and for taking the time to post your review

We would be honored to welcome you back in a near future.

Kind regards,