“Best Service”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Paraiso
Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
Washington, DC
“Best Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

We were there for memorial Day week and we really enjoyed the resort. We stayed in the 1bdr and it was awesome. The rain shower in the master bathroom had a lot of power and it was big. It also had a 1/2 bathroom. Carolina, Ted, the pool manager, Afredo the driver were just a few i can mention who provided us great service. The only drawback was the beach. It is rocky and you need to walk 10 minutes north to find a nice beach at the Valentin Resort. Balche was a good restaurant. I really enjoyed the seafood ceviche. The Custom Made Burger was also great. Enjoyed having my cheladas by the pool. I am ready to return.

4 Thank Dickrambone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Finnish first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Traded my time-share for a week in this beautiful place. It's part of the property with the Mayan Palace and the Grand Mayan. This is their top tier - above the other two. We had a very large unit - a very large living room/dining/room/kitchen. All modern state of the art applances includinr 2 flat screen tv's. The bedroom had a king bed with a pillow-top matress. The bathroom was also very large with two sinks and a jacquzi tub. A rain shower that was about 5x6. Unlike most time-shares we had twice daily maid service. The patio was very large witha 6x8 dipping pool. As our unit was on the first floor, we had the privacy of the jungle. This made for very romantic evenings.

There is very prompt shuttle service to various parts of the resort. The Grand Luxxe had it's own pool and beach. The pool was very large and never was crowded. This pool has no swim-up bar (unlike the pool complexes for the other two resorts) but waiters constantly coming around to serve you. They even come around to see if you sun glasses need cleaning or if you need more towels. And the best part - their were no kids at this pool - unlike the other two pools.

The resturants were good - especially Tremonto's Steak House.

Grounds are imaculate. Airport p/u was prompt even though our flight was 3 hours late. Internet connections could be better and more tv stations in English would help on the rainy days (we had one) and late nights.

The best part of the beach was that my wife could sun bathe European style.

9 Thank bigpoppy42
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

So there I was at a private beach on the Rivera Maya sitting under a palapa with my beautiful bride, enjoying a foot message, sipping a double margarita while eating delectable truffle fries….ahhh yes we are back again at the Grand Luxxe enjoying the spoiled life.

We were last at the Grand Luxxe in September 2011, see my review for further details, and my wife and I could not wait to return and this time we stayed for two weeks and brought my sister and her husband to enjoy a Mexican vacation. Not too many changes to report from my last review with the exception that building #2 is now open. Eventually there will be four Grand Luxxe buildings in all with a permanent lobby.

If you are not familiar with the Grand Luxxe, it is the “upper” end “boutique” hotel of the Mayan Palace / Grand Mayan resort complex with its own pool, restaurant, and beach area. This is a timeshare resort. While staying at the GL, you are pampered and spoiled by your own concierge on every floor to tend to your needs from calling for transportation to making reservations, chamber maid service both in the morning and a nightly turn down service, shuttle service throughout the property, and a wait staff at all the resort eateries that will do whatever they can do to serve you. Often you will hear the phrase “It is my pleasure to serve you” and I think they genuinely feel that way.

Rooms are large and are probably one of the largest in the industry. We were in a master bedroom suite with a large kitchen (though no stove), dining / living area and a large deck with a plunge pool. This unit could be extended into a two bedroom unit with the adjoining studio which consists of a large bedroom, bathroom, and sitting room with a sink and small refrigerator and microwave --- not quite considered a “kitchenette” but close enough. With this configuration of two bedrooms, eight can sleep comfortably…though four of them will be in common areas.

My sister and brother-in-law stayed in a studio and they were astonished at the room and they said they could easily stay there for two weeks.

Some issues we would like to bring to light – the internet, which is free to Grand Luxxe guests, was poor with a very slow connection in building #2 and during my stay I would have to go to building #1 to access the net….though there was a good signal down at the pool – but then why are you on the internet at the pool if you are on vacation. I understand GL management is aware and are looking for a solution. The Grand Luxxe buildings are not next to the beach but in the jungle – if you are looking for a room with an ocean view, you will be disappointed. You will have to walk or take the shuttle to go anywhere on the resort. For a minority few guests, this is a problem…but the shuttles run so frequently and are available at your beckon call, this is not an issue to most guests. As for the beach, bring water shoes as there are many rocks. As mentioned before, this is a timeshare resort and you will be asked to attend a presentation. We declined and were never asked again.

All in all, this was once again a fabulous visit and we look forward to our next visit next year….we were sorry to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor --- though rooms on the first floor have a "jungle" view...
9 Thank SpazCat
Manitoba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

My first stay at the end of March. We were so impressed by the service and friendliness of the
staff.. A big congratulations to you all for doing a great job.
We loved the Luxxe Pool and Burger Restaurant. The Manager should be proud of all of his
staff, from cooks, to cleaners, to servers.,to the young pool entertainment staff.We had the chef cook us a meal in the room.. 10 stars and entertainment and knowledge...
The travel director gave us excellent ideas and the tours we took were terrific.
We ate at all of the restaurants on the resort.. All very good.
The only thing I do not like is the sales presentation..and some of the staff on that end.
We golfed.. Loved hole 17 and the sand trap in the middle of the green..
Our room looked over the jungle.. Terrific bird watching....I snorkelled in front of the resort.
Kind of rough and hard to get in and out of the water, but alot of fish.
Thank you again to all, the concierge service ..the best, the shuttle drivers, great.
Can not wait to go back.
Book early as I tried to book for February next year and can not get my unit....
A 20/10 resort. Best holiday ever with the greatest rooms....

Room Tip: Book early or you may not get your Unit.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank gotomanitoba
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've been to Cancun and the Riviera Maya many times and most of the resorts are spectacular, friendly and clean. However, the Grand Luxxe stands out from all of them with top honors in all categories. It is a relief to find a top quality vacation in Cancun that IS NOT an all inclusive. In my opinion, all exclusives are not worth the money unless you never leave the resort and even then I don't think they are worth the money. The Grand Luxxe rated 5 stars for me and my wife in every category. Our accommodations were modern, contemporary, fully equipped, top of the line appliances and fixtures, spacious and quiet. The feeling of being welcome was 24/7 and the maid service was perfect. There is even a concierge on every floor tending to your every need and never did we feel pressured to do anything.

6 years ago I went to Cancun and was tricked at the airport to attend a 45 minute seminar at the Grand Mayan and we did. We were so turned off by their, out of line, high pressure sales tactics that we said we would NEVER go back there. The sales staff was rude (name calling), forceful, relentless sales tactics and even threatened to have us thrown in Jail if we left the sales presentation as we said we wanted to do. Needless to say that scared the you know what out of us! They finally, after 3 hours gave up on us and let us go but not without one more insult. They promised us a ride to and from the presentation but the ride back took us to only Playa Del Carmen where the driver said he needed to run into this restaurant to get some lunch and then he return and would drop us off. We waited over a half hour in that car for him to return! He said he was going drop us off and that he did........ at a bus station! Yeap a bus station without any information on which direction to go to get back to Adventura Spa Palace where we were staying. Not speaking Spanish we managed to find out from a local which bus to get on. Not being at all convinced this person was not part of the conspiracy to screw us we got on the bus with great anxiety. The bus was completely full but they made room for us but we couldn't sit next to one another because it was full. I was lucking enough to get to sit next to this local who had 4 chickens (live!) and they (the chickens) were not happy at all! There was also a small sheep (live) on the bus as well. The bus ride took about 20 minutes. The longest most anxiety ridden experience of my life needless to say. reminiscing back to that event my wife and I laugh about the whole thing but it was scary at the time.

Now, 6 years later, I mistakenly booked a vacation at the Grand Mayan Luxxe without noticing this was the same place that we said we would never deal with again. I realized my oversight about a week before we left for the vacation and was going to cancel the whole trip but for some unknown reason decided to give them a chance at accommodating us since we were not doing a seminar I felt we would not be treated badly, nor would they remember who we were. I am really glad we decided to go to the Grand Luxxe as it is now our favorite place to go in the Cancun area. As long as you have nothing to do with the seminars you will be treated like kings and queens. At least that is the experience we had and we are going back in November to try it again. Don't get fooled at the airport. Say NO to anyone and everyone who approaches you as they are not there to help you. They want to get you to sign up for a seminar somewhere and offer you all these freebies. But take this warning seriously, DONT DO IT!

Another bit of advice I can give you is that renting a car from the airport AND through a major chain like Avis was the perfect thing to do. We came and went as we pleased and went were and when we wanted. It was a bit pricey but if you were to add up all the cab/bus fees it would be a push. If you take a bus or the hotels free transportation you will not be taken to your resort until they stop at many other resorts to pick up/drop off other passengers. It could be hours! Renting a car and being able to drive directly to and from your resort was worth the price of the car alone. Now add being able to come and go on your schedule to that mix and I have to say I will rent a car from now on.

Thats it. The Grand Luxxe is the best.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nick K
Stonewall, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Just returned from the Grand Luxxe at the Riviera Maya and felt compelled to report on our perfect vacation! The accomodations are superb and the ammenities are outstanding but I have to save my greatest compliments for the service!! The staff is the best I have ever seen. From the cart drivers to the concierge services, everyone was professional, friendly and motivated to give us the best vacation one could want. Every one seemed to sincerely care about satisfying our every need. The experience made us feel truly pampered. All of the guys at the golf course were great. They came around as we played to check on us & to offer refreshing cold towls. At the end of every game, more towls awaited and our clubs were cleaned. The cart drivers shuttled us around so quickly that we never really had to wait at all. I remember Ruben and Eden but all of the drivers were so nice. Our day time housekeeper had perfected the art of towl sculpture leaving us swans, fish and elephants on our bed each day. Fabian and the other waiters at the pool and beach were great & the service at all of the restaurants was fantastic. We loved the new restaurant Burgers Hand Made the artichoke dip is a must. The staff at the resort water activities center were wonderful. They guided me through the best experience ever for a first time scuba diver. The concierge staff was awesome! Victoria from building 1 even booked our T-times for our trip to Nuevo Vallarta next month. This trip was memorable and it was made extra special by the people that work at the resort.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lisa Y
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

If you are looking for a quiet upscale experience with the ability to eat and use the action packed facilities of the Grand Mayan...I highly recommend the Grand Luxxe. Our room was huge with a little dip pool on the patio, full kitchen and 2 50" plasma tvs. The pool at the Grand Luxxe was quiet and the service and food were exceptional. We also loved visiting the restaurants at the sister property the Grand Mayan. The only negative I can think of is beach swimming...but if you walk 5 minutes north there is a beautiful beach for swimming with crystal clear water and big waves. If you are looking for a 5+ star quiet getaway...the Grand Luxxe is the place.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
#3 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
4.5 of 5 bubbles 9,349 reviews

Been to Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!