“Fabulous vacation experience!”

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Just got back from one week stay at Iberostar Paraiso Beach. Never posted a review before but this place deserves to be singled out and told myself I would post a review when I got back. We would go back here in a heartbeat! This place is just gorgeous. The resort is huge! 5 Iberostar hotels on the property (Del Mar, Lindo, Maya, and Grand Hotel are the others) so you can walk around and not feel like you are in a compound. The property is gated so you can rest assure it is safe even walking at night (BTW - very pretty and serene walking at night). The grounds are immaculate. I can confirm previous postings attesting to the cleanliness of the facilities - they are constantly cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and then cleaning some more. Even the walking paths! My wife and I were very impressed with the quality of the food, especially since we are big cruise ship aficionados and the food is one of the things that keeps us going back on cruises. The buffet food quality was very good. We ate in 4 of the specialty restaurants - Brazilian and Gourmet were outstanding, Mexican very good, Mediterranean OK. The service was exceptional at each. Lounge areas do stock premium brand liquors - I was pleased to be able to sip on a 15 year old rum with my cigar. Oh, by the way, they have a nice cigar lounge and also had a gentleman rolling hand made cigars in the lobby of Del Mar most evenings. I smoked a couple and thought they were very nice cigars indeed. Red flags on the beach every day of our trip, but the pool areas are so beautiful you'll want to be there anyway. Got up at 6am daily to get our prime location. The staff, and I mean everyone, is friendly and the service is definitely there. Again, can't say enough how beautiful this resort is and how much we enjoyed our stay!! We will definitely vacation here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kalendeb

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Our week long stay was fantastic. Service was good, the food was more than fine, and the Star Friends stole the show. We all agreed that Erica's energy was infectious and brought a smile to our faces, and that made everything that much better. As many, many reviews have said before, the resort is clean, the beach is clean and the drinks are generous. We had a great time.

As an aside, we were upgraded to the "Lindo", which really wasn't much of an upgrade, so we spent most of our time at the "Beach" instead. That being said, it just wasn't as lively on that side of the resort but the folks were just as friendly.

One last note. We went to the Mayan Pyramids and be warned... it's a long 12 or 13 hr. day. It's worth seeing, but it's a long, long day.

Quit reading reviews, realx and you'll have a good time!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank h0lidazed
Reviewed 8 March 2011

WOW!! What can I say. It was the most awesome experience and one that our whole family will never forget. We travelled with our 2 young girls (3 and 6) my in-laws and sister-in-law and brother-in-law. If you do not have a good time at this resort then that is your own fault.

Service was exceptional and we really had a good time with the Star Friends, especially Franklin, Marlene and Edwardo! My kids had a great time with thanks to Lilly and Vivian at the kids club. These people work hard everyday with only 1 day off so that WE would have a wonderful vacation. Participation is a must at the games that they put on daily as well as the nightly shows. What a blast we had.....

Sleeping was fine, beds were not hard at all.......

Food was good at the buffet. If you could not find something that you like to eat then just stay home!

We went to the :
Brazilian restuarant - awesome, 7 different kinds of meat
Japanese - great where they cook right in front of you, my kids loved that.
Steakhouse - not my favorite

There was also food that you could eat anywhere and I loved the breakfast in the morning with fresh egg omletts.

Beach was great, although it was a red flag everyday, we still went swimming. Towel game is played and we were lucky enough to find a spot almost everyday.

Overall we would definelty return to this hotel as well as another Iberostar.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

We stayed at the beach from Feb 19 to Feb 26. flew with Air Canada as that was who our package was with. I was a little leary since our last visit 2 years ago by some of the reveiws I read before we left. Let me assure you they are all wrong.the place was great,food excellent they have wide variety from american fare (hotdogs burgers chicken wings)to mexican food and everything in between.My wife has a lot of food allergies and she had no problem finding food every meal.No stomach issues at all. The one night the grilled meat was lamb which she does not like so my wife asked the chef if there was chicken because she does not like lamb they brought to our table fresh grilled chicken breasts.Amazing service. this was our second time here so we receivd a fre bottle of tequila and two iberostar t shirts.I personally loved going down to the snack bar at the beach around 4 or 5 and get chicken wings,ribs and fries with cold beer or a great snack.We tried the brazilian restraunt and the steak house both were excellent.we booked the brazilian a second time later in the week. Lots off variety and I loved the crab and smoked salmon as appetizers at the brazilian.we were at the resort during a busy week, they were full to capacity still no problem getting a beer at the pool bar or lobby bar or beach bar all had great service. the only thing tocomplain about was that if you were not on a pool chair by 8 am you would have a hard time finding one during the day until after 3pm, they did have some extra if you were lucky beside the ping pong table area if you can get one.The beach had lots of chairs no problem there.loved going for walks on the beach. rooms were always clean our fridge was stocked when we arrived they say they refill every 3 days if anything ran out jbefore 3 days just ask the cleaning lady to refill no problem.We did para sailing it was awesome about $120 american and we booked on the beach at the dive shack. we loved sitting in the open air restraunt in the morning watching the birds, turtles and fish.I loved having baileys in my coffee every morning all you have to do is ask. Did the disco 4 nights it was really fun a great mix of music.loved the star wars decor!! We walked through the other resorts attached to this one and they all looked amazing. The lindo has the lazy river and wave pool.The Del mar lobby has the flamingos! The shows were great the staff put a lot of time and effort into them.We wish we were back there already such a great time great people and great service.Well worth every penny saved to go!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmk39
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Me and 5 other friends went there for our spring reading week in February 11. All I can say is that this hotel was nothing but perfection. Starting from the Staff (Star Friends) put on great entertainment throughout each day organizing events such as water volleyball, dance lessons, beach volleyball, soccer on the beach, surf lessons, scuba lessons.... etc

The a la cartes were amazing, I would recomend going to the Japanese restaurant :) the buffets were great, and the swim up bars were even better. The beach was huge, us being in our 20's liked to sleep in and we could find seats on the beach no problem. The beach was amazing (white sand, clear ocean water) the ocean was perfect no rocks which made it easy to body surf or boogie board.

Overall this place was amazing and my friends and I are seriously thinking about doing it again next year.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connor0010
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This is the best all inclusive I have visited. Excellent food, friendly hard working staff, Clean, Clean and Clean. No noise during the night. I am definetly going back next hear

1  Thank Mike_Blue_Sea
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We just got back on Sunday, there were 8 of us. That included teenagers and a five year old. We couldn't have asked for better weather! The grounds were beautiful and very clean. We saw a different animal everytime we stepped out. Our rooms were very clean, every morning they stocked our fridge with water. There was always something to do! I have a 17 yr old who loves soccer and a 5 yr old who also loves it, Migual, one of the Star Friends made sure my 5 yr was never left out of a soccer game. He was wonderful!! We took a bike tour, that was great! I did find the pool bars to have better drinks then the beach bar. The staff always very friendly and always wore a smile on their face. The beach was nice, the water warmer then the pool water and no problem finding chairs there. The Star Friends were constantly entertaining us, they were wonderful, I don't know how they do it, they are there from morning to late at night doing one activity to the next, never stopping!
Draw backs, the food was good, but they need more restaurants to take two hotels. We didn't book our restaurants until the following day of our check in and they were all booked. We couldn't get in until the end of our stay and at that we had to eat at 8:30. My 5 yr old was nodding off in his plate. Steakhouse was the best but we couldn't get in there until the last night. They also need benches, or just something to sit on around the property, because it is alot of walking! The only other drawback is having to get up at 6 am to reserve a chair at the pool. Even then we found our stuff had been moved and someone had taken our chair.
When we checked out we noticed one of our bags were missing and we told the bell hop, he forgot to put it on the golf cart, security found it and he apologized up and down to us.
All in all I would go back!! There were alot more postives then negatives!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#47 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
#70 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!