“Amazing - Loved It”

Manitoba, Canada
“Amazing - Loved It”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

March 5 - 12 2011
We could not find one thing wrong with this resort. We stayed in the "Beach" section of the resort. Food was great and plentiful. Resort and rooms were clean and well taken care of. Star Friends were infectious and do a wonderful job even after a very long day, we normally don't get involved in any of the activities, but the star Friends were fun to be around. Loved all the animals roaming the grounds. Also loved the fact that you didn't need to leave the beach all day if you didn't want to, beach snack bar, bar and restrooms all within a short distance. Beds, just as comfortable, if not more, than at home. It was a week of paradise away from our Manitoban Winter. Would definitely go back again. Negative reviews must come from negative people.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (839)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kenosha, WI
Reviewed 20 March 2011

The most beautiful place I have ever stayed at. Been to Hawaii, Jamaica and the old Cancun. Just be sure to wear non slip sandles. I fell 3 times in a week, due to the floors being cleaned and slick. The signs were posted but I still went down. There is a lot of wild life on the property. Noisy birds, flamigos, cats and some other creatures I do not know. Almost like a fox with a long nose and log tails. Make sure you like veggies and fresh fruits. All excellent. Not a meat and potato place. If you like pico de gallo and avacados, they have by far the best. If you order rum and coke, you will get dark rum and coke. If you would like bacardi and coke, order bacardi and coke. Bring singles with as your drinks and wait staff will be all over you as they mostly are already. These people work hard at six days a week and always have a smile on their faces. Will go back in a heart beat. I am so rested and got a lot of vitamin D. (sunshine)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wackedout
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I'm a teenager, well 13 so not really. I went to this resort last week and had an amazing time! I had been to an Iberostar resort once before in Jamaica, and I definately enjoyed more. I don't understand how people had such negative comments! Either they have WAY too high expectations, or they're uptight adults who don't know fun when it hits them on the nose.
I loved that it was big, there was lots to do and it was fun to walk around and look at the animals.
The forest/vegetation whatever was so cool! Honestly it was one of the best parts of the resort. There were tons of amazing animals that you'd never see in Canada.
It was very clean, there was always somebody cleaning somewhere and they did a good job.
The food is warm, and they do change up their spread each night. The resterants are always open at reasonable times. There are lots of waiters who take your plates and empty glasses. Food is refilled right away: twice I found that something I wanted was missing, and they restocked it in less that 15 seconds after I got there.
We had no bug or ant issue. At all.
I personally loved that everything was open and had no windows or doors. It was cool how the birds could fly in.
The weather was pretty good. We had sun everyday except our second day, where there was a thunderstorm, but that wasn't a setback whatsoever. Weather is weather, you can't change it.
The beach was great. There was a bar and a grill and nice bathrooms. The water was really warm and the waves were great for bodysurfing.
The pool was clean and warm, not cold. The pool bars were great and the ice-cream bar was amazing. I swear, their coconut ice-cream was the best I have EVER tasted.
We went to the Meddeteranian(?) à la carte and it was okay, but the buffets were much better. I tried squid (ew) because they didn't write squid on the card, they wrote something that started with a C.
All the excursions looked great, even though I didn't get to go on one because my parents just wanted to enjoy the resort.. whatever.
There was a few minor things that I didn't like, but they still didn't make a difference with how much I LOVED the trip:
The lifeguard on the beach kept blowing his whistle at people who got close to the rocks.
There were red flags up on the beach everyday even if the water wasn't that bad. I don't think they own anything other than red flags...
And, everything else I enjoyed! No, I loved!
We checked in at the Beach, but got put in the del Mar section. That was okay though, I didn't mind at all.
It really doesn't take 15 minutes to get from the beach to the lobby, unless you have a walker. We timed it, and it took our family 7 minutes. We aren't particularly fast walkers either!
Wow, I just noticed I didn't use a lot of exclamation and stuff in this... Oh well! Me, my parents, and my sister all enjoyed this trip very much! In fact, we read some of the negative comments before we left and while we were there kinda made fun of the stupid ones like "the beds were hard" My bed was no harder than my bed at home! Oh, and I forgot, the staff were very nice and always acknowledged us when we walked by.
DONT LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLES NEGATIVE COMMENTS... THEY'RE LYING OR SOMETHING :)
I just know that we all LOVED IT;)

• Stayed March 2011
5 Thank iheartdance
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Just got back from one week stay at Iberostar Paraiso Beach. Never posted a review before but this place deserves to be singled out and told myself I would post a review when I got back. We would go back here in a heartbeat! This place is just gorgeous. The resort is huge! 5 Iberostar hotels on the property (Del Mar, Lindo, Maya, and Grand Hotel are the others) so you can walk around and not feel like you are in a compound. The property is gated so you can rest assure it is safe even walking at night (BTW - very pretty and serene walking at night). The grounds are immaculate. I can confirm previous postings attesting to the cleanliness of the facilities - they are constantly cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and then cleaning some more. Even the walking paths! My wife and I were very impressed with the quality of the food, especially since we are big cruise ship aficionados and the food is one of the things that keeps us going back on cruises. The buffet food quality was very good. We ate in 4 of the specialty restaurants - Brazilian and Gourmet were outstanding, Mexican very good, Mediterranean OK. The service was exceptional at each. Lounge areas do stock premium brand liquors - I was pleased to be able to sip on a 15 year old rum with my cigar. Oh, by the way, they have a nice cigar lounge and also had a gentleman rolling hand made cigars in the lobby of Del Mar most evenings. I smoked a couple and thought they were very nice cigars indeed. Red flags on the beach every day of our trip, but the pool areas are so beautiful you'll want to be there anyway. Got up at 6am daily to get our prime location. The staff, and I mean everyone, is friendly and the service is definitely there. Again, can't say enough how beautiful this resort is and how much we enjoyed our stay!! We will definitely vacation here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kalendeb
vancouver
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Our week long stay was fantastic. Service was good, the food was more than fine, and the Star Friends stole the show. We all agreed that Erica's energy was infectious and brought a smile to our faces, and that made everything that much better. As many, many reviews have said before, the resort is clean, the beach is clean and the drinks are generous. We had a great time.

As an aside, we were upgraded to the "Lindo", which really wasn't much of an upgrade, so we spent most of our time at the "Beach" instead. That being said, it just wasn't as lively on that side of the resort but the folks were just as friendly.

One last note. We went to the Mayan Pyramids and be warned... it's a long 12 or 13 hr. day. It's worth seeing, but it's a long, long day.

Quit reading reviews, realx and you'll have a good time!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank h0lidazed
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2011

WOW!! What can I say. It was the most awesome experience and one that our whole family will never forget. We travelled with our 2 young girls (3 and 6) my in-laws and sister-in-law and brother-in-law. If you do not have a good time at this resort then that is your own fault.

Service was exceptional and we really had a good time with the Star Friends, especially Franklin, Marlene and Edwardo! My kids had a great time with thanks to Lilly and Vivian at the kids club. These people work hard everyday with only 1 day off so that WE would have a wonderful vacation. Participation is a must at the games that they put on daily as well as the nightly shows. What a blast we had.....

Sleeping was fine, beds were not hard at all.......

Food was good at the buffet. If you could not find something that you like to eat then just stay home!

We went to the :
Brazilian restuarant - awesome, 7 different kinds of meat
Japanese - great where they cook right in front of you, my kids loved that.
Steakhouse - not my favorite

There was also food that you could eat anywhere and I loved the breakfast in the morning with fresh egg omletts.

Beach was great, although it was a red flag everyday, we still went swimming. Towel game is played and we were lucky enough to find a spot almost everyday.

Overall we would definelty return to this hotel as well as another Iberostar.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Kitchener Ontario
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We stayed at the beach from Feb 19 to Feb 26. flew with Air Canada as that was who our package was with. I was a little leary since our last visit 2 years ago by some of the reveiws I read before we left. Let me assure you they are all wrong.the place was great,food excellent they have wide variety from american fare (hotdogs burgers chicken wings)to mexican food and everything in between.My wife has a lot of food allergies and she had no problem finding food every meal.No stomach issues at all. The one night the grilled meat was lamb which she does not like so my wife asked the chef if there was chicken because she does not like lamb they brought to our table fresh grilled chicken breasts.Amazing service. this was our second time here so we receivd a fre bottle of tequila and two iberostar t shirts.I personally loved going down to the snack bar at the beach around 4 or 5 and get chicken wings,ribs and fries with cold beer or a great snack.We tried the brazilian restraunt and the steak house both were excellent.we booked the brazilian a second time later in the week. Lots off variety and I loved the crab and smoked salmon as appetizers at the brazilian.we were at the resort during a busy week, they were full to capacity still no problem getting a beer at the pool bar or lobby bar or beach bar all had great service. the only thing tocomplain about was that if you were not on a pool chair by 8 am you would have a hard time finding one during the day until after 3pm, they did have some extra if you were lucky beside the ping pong table area if you can get one.The beach had lots of chairs no problem there.loved going for walks on the beach. rooms were always clean our fridge was stocked when we arrived they say they refill every 3 days if anything ran out jbefore 3 days just ask the cleaning lady to refill no problem.We did para sailing it was awesome about $120 american and we booked on the beach at the dive shack. we loved sitting in the open air restraunt in the morning watching the birds, turtles and fish.I loved having baileys in my coffee every morning all you have to do is ask. Did the disco 4 nights it was really fun a great mix of music.loved the star wars decor!! We walked through the other resorts attached to this one and they all looked amazing. The lindo has the lazy river and wave pool.The Del mar lobby has the flamingos! The shows were great the staff put a lot of time and effort into them.We wish we were back there already such a great time great people and great service.Well worth every penny saved to go!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
#101 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
#43 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!