Awesome vacation! This was my first time to Mexico and I was traveling by myself, but with a group from my city. The resort is wonderful! I made sure to eat at the buffets and at 3 of the speciality restaurants. I did the Japanese, the Mexican, and the Mediterranean. The hibachi was fun and tasty, except for the octopus. The Mexican was laid back and delicious as well. My favorite was the Mediterranean, I had surf and surf for dinner, with 2 lobster tails. YUM! But the best part was a chocolate dessert the had. Dark chocolate shell with chocolate mousse inside. OMG! so good! The buffets never ran out of food that tasted good and was hot when it needed to be.
I stayed in building 37 and felt it was close enough for everything. The room was clean and large with a walk in shower. The A/C worked well and kept me cool at night. The only day I was offered a shuttle was on the last day. Otherwise they never stopped to pick us up. I was ok with that. With all the eating, the walking was worth it. I found that if I didn't want to walk on the main path, I just cut through all the buildings on the way in.
The beach was wonderful. The flags were red every day, but you could still go in. There was never a shortage of chairs on the beach. The bar on the beach was easy to order drinks from, with self serve soda/water on the side of the building. Bring an insulted mug, it holds more and keeps your drink nice and cold.
The pool area was nicely setup. It was hard to find the towel stand right away, but after I found it, I never lost it. It was hard to find a chair around the pools. It seemed that all of them were already claimed. At that point, I just put my stuff on a planter near the pool I was in. The service at the pool bar depended on how busy it was. But I never had to wait very long.
I went to the disco one night. The smell that hits your nose as you walk in....hold your breath. It smells like cat urine. You do get used to it after awhile. The drinks were good, with lots of shots going around. The dance floor is big enough to handle everyone. I didn't shop at the attached shopping area, but decided instead to take the shuttle into Playa to shop. The driver picked us up exactly where he said he would and at the correct time too. I got a lot of good deals.
Overall, the trip was wonderful! The resort is beautiful! The staff was very friendly. I would go back in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly on the beach of "Playa Paraiso." Imaginatively designed lake – pool. Convention centre. The holiday complex is perfectly integrated into the tropical landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Beach Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Beach
- Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar