Iberostar Paraiso Beach
US$585
US$354
US$320
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$357
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$434
US$280
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
5,512 results
All reviewsparaiso beachspecialty restaurantsstar friendsplaya del carmenjapanese restaurantice creamother resortsmain buffettacoslobby bara la cartesquiet areabuffet foodcrepescloser to the beachtaco shoprecommend this resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This was a very nice property. The grounds are well kept and the staff is friendly. The room was clean, very hard beds though. Food was okay. Pools were clean, easy to find chairs. Overall a relaxing place for a holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fireball067
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at the Beach/ del Mar again this year (March 7 to 14) having been there the same time last year (March 9 to 16 2011). I will try not to repeat anything from that review.

We (I, my wife and our 14 & 12 year old daughters) all had an excellent time. The occupancy was lower this time and so less pressure for space and loungers in the shade were available all day long. The staff are still as hard working as ever.

We stayed in building 38 which was fine. I agree that 34 may be more central but I would not worry too much if it was not available.

Although our usual carrier, Westjet, only books the Beach I will ask for the del Mar pre- or upon arrival should we be fortunate enough to be able to return. The staff are the same at both but we all preferred the more tropical nature of the del Mar, the layout and ambiance of the del Mar lobby and the animals which are more on the del Mar side. Additionally, since we leave the room at 5:45 am and return at 5 pm, poolside at the del Mar gives you the evening sun. Admittedly, you can cruise the del Mar side when staying at the Beach, or vice versa, but it is less convenient.

Room Tip: Choose del Mar poolside for evening sun and non-poolside for morning sun and the reverse if staying at the Beach. Buildings 12 to 15 at the del Mar are more central.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank AV1965
IberostarMexico, Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico. at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear guest,

Firstly I want to thank you very much for taking the time to write your opinion and for sharing such a positive comment on www.tripadvisor.com.

I also would like to thank you for your loyalty to Iberostar Hotels & Resorts. I am pleased to hear that we could fulfil your expectations during your stay.

Thank you as well for pointing out our hotel setting and surrounding and the wildlife you can enjoy walking around the hotel which make it very special.

Thank you again for recommending our hotel so intensively.

We are really looking forward to meeting you again here in Playa Paraiso.

Kind regards,

Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico

Reviewed 15 March 2012

The good: nice clean beach, very friendly people, good maid service,good beer
The ok: food was diverse, fruit selection
The bad: no charcoal bbq, poor ventilation in the restaurant (smoke from where they fried the meats) Propane grill came the last 2 days but the meat was too marinated

It was a last minute deal so the price vs quality was good.
I would go there again for the same price and only for a week.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We spent 10 very enjoyable days at the Iberstar Paraiso leaving there on Mar 5. We were a family group of 18. It was important to us that we all stay together and although it required a move on the 2nd day to accommodate that request Ismael was able to arrange it for us. I agree with others that the best buildings to stay in are in the middle area of the resort. We were in building 34 which was excellent.

As far as walking is concerned there is a good deal of time spent walking which has its pluses and minuses. It isn’t so much that the resort is huge but the fact that it is long and skinny meaning that the main restaurants are a long way from the beach. There are trams that run up and down but they are infrequent and don’t seem to run to any schedule, and as a result are as often as not empty as most people aren’t prepared to wait for them. This is in my view a high quality resort and it seems odd that they haven’t started running these shuttles on a more regular and frequent schedule. However, if you enjoy walking and/or running this is a great resort. I was up ahead of the others in the morning and had the freedom to walk all around the beautiful grounds of all 4 Iberostar resorts. The walking is actually best in the Beach and Del Mar sites as much of the ground is relatively natural with a lot of wild life to observe. There is also a boardwalk that runs the length of the beach in front of the Del Mar, the Beach and the Lindo sites. Along with the gym this is a great site to exercise off the extra calories that we take in on a vacation such as this.

The food at this resort is in my view superior to comparable resorts that we have stayed at in the area. (This was the 4th resort that we have stayed at in the Mayan Riviera.) The buffets may have a slightly reduced variety but it seems to me that the food was better prepared. The specialty restaurants were wonderful. The Italian food was great and was the favourite of some of us. The Japanese restaurant was a lot of fun although I’d like to have seen the meat marinated prior to cooking. The Mexican restaurant was good but our least favourite and the Steak House gave us some of the best steaks we have ever had, and most of us come from beef country. At the “Steak House” one of our group had a steak that was underdone. She asked the waiter if it could be put on for another couple of minutes. About 2 minutes later she had a whole new meal cooked the way she wanted it. This is indicative of the great quality of the service we received. I’d also add that all 4 restaurants accommodated our large group and had us all seated together at one table. I had e-mailed our request ahead of time and they had our reservations all made prior to our arrival. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us which hasn’t always been the case at other resorts we have stayed at.

The entertainment was good fun and was more suitable for families than any other resort we have been at which was really appreciated. There is lots of enthusiasm by the entertainment staff without being at all pushy.

The pool is huge but there is a bit of a shortage of lounge chairs around the pool largely because of a lack of space, but there are more than ample chairs on the beach.

There have been a couple of comments about things going missing down there but we found the opposite. There was an expensive pair of sunglasses as well as Nike children sandals that were lost. Both turned up in lost and found. The rooms themselves were more than adequate. We had the basic rooms and they were a good size with a balcony. Noise was never a problem and the air conditioner worked with no problems. We had a couple of small issues with the room which were fixed within an hour of calling the desk. I’m not sure why a resort like this would offer room service but our only experience was that one of our group tried it and after waiting for nearly two hours gave up and went to the buffett. We only drank water from our room fridge and that was replenished everyday and our room was very well made up every day as well.

All in all we were very pleased and I have no problem recommending the Iberostar Beach as a place to vacation. The staff was always friendly and helpful. It is a great facility that is well run on a beautiful beach.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Greg133
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Awesome vacation! This was my first time to Mexico and I was traveling by myself, but with a group from my city. The resort is wonderful! I made sure to eat at the buffets and at 3 of the speciality restaurants. I did the Japanese, the Mexican, and the Mediterranean. The hibachi was fun and tasty, except for the octopus. The Mexican was laid back and delicious as well. My favorite was the Mediterranean, I had surf and surf for dinner, with 2 lobster tails. YUM! But the best part was a chocolate dessert the had. Dark chocolate shell with chocolate mousse inside. OMG! so good! The buffets never ran out of food that tasted good and was hot when it needed to be.
I stayed in building 37 and felt it was close enough for everything. The room was clean and large with a walk in shower. The A/C worked well and kept me cool at night. The only day I was offered a shuttle was on the last day. Otherwise they never stopped to pick us up. I was ok with that. With all the eating, the walking was worth it. I found that if I didn't want to walk on the main path, I just cut through all the buildings on the way in.
The beach was wonderful. The flags were red every day, but you could still go in. There was never a shortage of chairs on the beach. The bar on the beach was easy to order drinks from, with self serve soda/water on the side of the building. Bring an insulted mug, it holds more and keeps your drink nice and cold.
The pool area was nicely setup. It was hard to find the towel stand right away, but after I found it, I never lost it. It was hard to find a chair around the pools. It seemed that all of them were already claimed. At that point, I just put my stuff on a planter near the pool I was in. The service at the pool bar depended on how busy it was. But I never had to wait very long.
I went to the disco one night. The smell that hits your nose as you walk in....hold your breath. It smells like cat urine. You do get used to it after awhile. The drinks were good, with lots of shots going around. The dance floor is big enough to handle everyone. I didn't shop at the attached shopping area, but decided instead to take the shuttle into Playa to shop. The driver picked us up exactly where he said he would and at the correct time too. I got a lot of good deals.
Overall, the trip was wonderful! The resort is beautiful! The staff was very friendly. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank smurf2001
IberostarMexico, Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a positive comment about Iberostar Paraiso Beach on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay so much with us.

We really appreciate that you treasure the hotel facilities, our cuisine and our staff.

It is vey important for us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable within the whole hotel area and I am glad to hear that we succeeded.

It’s a pleasure to hear this all has made your holiday in Mexico special and we will try to make our best to hold our standards as well as to move forwards. It would be a pleasur to welcome you again in Iberostar Paraiso Beach.

Kindest regards,