“Fantastic time! Would go back, the staff Rock!!!”

Iberostar Paraiso Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I went to this resort with my best friend for a wedding as well as her birthday, we had a fantastic time all around!
The staff at this hotel go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and taken care of at all times.
We enjoyed the gym, all restaurants, bars, the huge pool and the beach.
I have to give a huge Thank You! to the entertainment staff who were fun, friendly and great to get you up dancing and playing! I am lousy with names so please forgive me... Alex, Antonio, Rigo, the ladies and their boss - crazy hair.. THANK YOU!

Rooms: clean but a little tired, the ladies and gents cleaning work very hard!

restaurants: great wait staff - food in the buffet is ok- others were great- book the Japanese , they do a good show - I did get ill one night - Mediterranean food... I think it was the salad bar

Layout: lovely walkways with little side paths - a lot of walking so if you bring a little one also bring a stroller. for those with difficulty walking they had 24hr access to 6 seat golf cart rides

Pool: cool this time of year but it is their winter- huge and lovely , lots of chairs. both a fun area and a quiet end

Beach: really lovely!! sandy, tons of chairs, volleyball, soccer and a hut for covered yoga and Zoomba. Oh, and of course a snack and beverage bar

Entertainment: this is were I have to say the did an outstanding job! I have gone south annually for .... over 20yrs and I was really impressed with this group. The singing and dancing were outstanding and the entertainment team got people up dancing after each show.

Kids Club: I did not travel with my daughter this trip but did take note that they had a kids club, their own little pool and a dance party in the evening for them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beth C C
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacations and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are truly glad to know that you had an amazing time with us and enjoyed the service of our Staff. We will show all your nice and generous comments to the people that you mention, as your compliments are very motivational.

We have forwarded your feedback to the Food & Beverage manager; they will take them into consideration for our service and improvement. The Animation team would be completely happy to know that you consider their service to be outstanding.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Iberostar Mexico

Write a ReviewReviews (5,409)

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in January this year with our 2 year-old son. We really appreciated our stay. First, the check-in was really fast and we were given the room quickly since we had a kid. Our room was located in building 35, which is a great location.

Location/room : I read dozens of comments before the trip and I completely agree with the previous comments. This resort is huge, it takes almost 10 minutes to walk from the lobby to the beach. There is a shuttle that seems to run on random schedule. I had to spend time on the balcony watching my son sleep so I know what I'm talking about. Keep in mind that the resort is in a rectangular shape, so you need to walk to go anywhere. I wouldn't recommend this place to someone who has walking issues. We met many people with rooms in building 40 and 41 complaining about the noise from the shows. The shows from the Lindo resort are very close to these buildings so you can hear shows from the Lindo and Paraiso beach, not quite a good deal. Building in building 31 are closed to the beach but far from the lobby.

The room was kept clean everyday. We left 2-3 dollars tips every morning. One day, our son was sleeping in the afternoon so they couldn't clean the room. They came back in the night while we were eating.

Food : Food at the buffet was good, a good variety with new plates everyday. The service was irregular. I agree with previous comments stating that one day you have a wonderful service and the day after you need to serve you coffee and water by yourself. We did not have the same service at the a la carte restaurants. The service was good and regular. We tried the brazilian, japanese and mediteraneen. Japanese was the best. We did not have any difficulty to reserve upon arrival but we tried to make some changes few days after and it was difficult. My suggestion is to reserve on your day of arrival.

There are two additional buffets closed to the beach. I would recommence the one located on the Paraiso beach side (not the one of the Del Mar side) for lunch. I didn't like the buffet on the beach, it was overcrowded. They tried to keep it clean but the people weren't just paying attention.

Beach/pool : Large and clean. You don't need to get up at 6Am to reserve a chair. They are easily accessible throughout the day. Same for the pool. We were disapointed to find out that the jaccuzi under the falls isn't warm, just as cold as the pool. For the rest, we had a good service at the bar in the pool. The bartenders were friendly and their recommandations of drinks were good.

Overall this is a good resort. I wouldn't say this is a perfect resort because I know you can find better (at an higher price), I think it represents a very good quality/price rate for Riviera Maya.

Room Tip: - Buildings 34 to 36 are in the middle of the resort. Best location : far from the shows if you want...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank marie_eve40

Dear Marie-eve40,

On behalf of the Staff and the Iberostar Paraiso Beach management we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacation.

It is great for us to know that your stay was good and you enjoyed our facilities, activities, restaurants and the service from our Staff. We are truly glad to know that you will recommend us and be sure that all your comments and feedback have been taken into consideration by our management.

The Food & Beverage department is already aware of your comments regarding the different restaurants and the service offered, we will reinforce our Staff with some training sessions with our Human Resources department.

It would be a pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy again a fantastic stay at Iberostar.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We booked this resort thinking it would be great being part of the Iberostar family. The resort is beautiful but quite large. We were not fans of the jungle feel to this resort. There were peacocks outside our room and would start squawking at 4 am not to mention we could not use our balcony due to the peacock droppings all over it. We also were not fans of the coatimundis running all over and digging through our bags at the pool. We were in the building closest to the lobby we had asked to be in buildings closer to pool with our booking but this was not granted.
The beach was beautiful nice white sand. There was lots of seaweed the first few days but hardly any the last few days .
Overall we liked the area but if were to return we would choose another resort, as this resort is much larger and more spread out than we like.
We have to say we were very disappointed with the food at this resort. Our last 2 all inclusive vacations were to Punta Cana, DR the food there was far superior. We ate at the Brazilian and both of us felt ill that night. We ate at the steakhouse another night both ordered the tenderloin and when our meals arrived one was a tenderloin and not sure what the other was. We went to the buffet one night and there was lots of choices but went the next night and if you don't like fish there was nothing to chose from, there were what they said was turkey but upon cutting it found it to be raw in the middle. Lunch buffet got tiresome same things daily and that wasn't a lot of choices. We were glad we did not bring our children as they would have starved. The best meal was breakfast had the best selection, but alot of the times fruit would be empty and staff didn't fill it up soon enough. The service was far inferior to service in he Dominican. Had to seek out someone to pour
Another draw back was there was smoking everywhere at this resort, including in the pool. I was quite disgusted to see people standing in the pool flicking there ashes in the pool.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori D
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We appreciate the feedback you sent regarding your recent stay, it is truly important since it provides us the best opportunity for our improvement.

We regret to know that the wildlife and our jungle environment were not of your liking. This is one of our main features in our Green Globe certified hotel. However, we will pass on your comments on the cleaning of your balcony and coatis to the department heads. We are sorry about that.

The Head Chef and his Staff are already aware of your comments, we deeply regret to know you felt ill during your vacations, and we sincerely hope you are feeling better. At Iberostar we have a Health & Safety department to make sure the food handling and our processes are up to the safety standards.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy any of our Iberostar hotels.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayes atv the Iberostar paraiso Beach from January 14-21 of this year & really enjoyed our stay. We had only 1 day of rain & the rest of the 6 days were beautiful. Firstly, to say this resort is HUGE is an understatement. It's MASSIVE. You really have to walk anywhere you go on this resort without exception. I really enjoy walking and going hiking back home so when I read other reviews about all the walking I was not taken aback but honestly after 4 days of having to walk everywhere to get anything, it quickly became old. I can understand how some elderly people or people with handicaps can find this really annoying. The pool is humongous (one of the largest in the Riviera Maya) with many sitting areas. You don't need to get up early & reserve a seat. We headed to the pool around 9/10 am every day & there was always free seating still available. The buffets were very good but again like all AI, they can become repetative after a couple of days. Service at the buffets were spotty at best. One day they tend to you like you're a king, the next you have to go and get your own water and cutlery because they're no wher to be found. The a la carte restaurants were very delicious but we did have an issue with all of them. As they usually have a couple of seatings per night, they tend to rush you through your meal. As for many people complaining about free wi-fi here is your tip......The shopping center next door has free wi-fi. Just log on to the "SHOPPING CENTER FREE" & you're a go! All in all I would highly recommend this resort. The 2 or 3 issues are small in comparison to the value this resort has to offer.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby buildings. The shows will keep you up all night with the loud music.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing us as option for your vacation in Mexico. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with other travelers. This is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily!

We have informed the Food & Beverage manager your comments and feedback concerning the specialty restaurants, the buffet and the service received by our Staff. Be sure that we will take all your comments into consideration and reinforce these aspects.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy again our incredible grounds, and the paradisiacal Caribbean Sea.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was our fifth trip back to Iberostar Paraiso, second at the Beach. We will definitely be back again next year. The grounds are beautiful and immaculately kept. The staff very courteous, friendly and helpful. A special shoutout to Star Friend Gabriel, lobby concierge Daniel and hostess Miriam. We were in Building 34 on the second floor and the staff kept our room immaculate.

I'm not much of a walker, but my husband and I only took a cart on arrival and departure! Walking on the grounds was delightful, everything so well kept. Free wifi at the shopping plaza was great. Came back to NY during a snowstorm on 1/21, wish we were back at Iberostar!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Iberostar Guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for choosing us again for your vacations.

We are thrilled to know that our grounds, facilities, services and Staff keeps offering you an amazing time and you enjoyed once again a nice vacation at Iberostar Paraiso Beach. We have forwarded your feedback and incredible comments to Gabriel, Daniel & Miriam and to our Staff since it provides great motivation to keep offering the great service we are proud of.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back for the sixth time and enjoy again our amazing service and friendly atmosphere.

Looking forward for your next visit!!

Truly yours,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our vacation with family was comfortable. Good food at A la carte restaurants. Service was 4 star, but this is not a Sandals Resort or a Dreams resort. Iberostar had beautiful fish, turtles, peacocks, parrots, swans in the resort free running / swimming. The balance between the water, and colonial style buildings was beautiful. The pools are great if it is warm out. During our visit in January 2014, there was a cold front for 4 days with rain and NOBODY was in the pools nor in the jacuzzis. All jacuzzis are cold water (unheated).

The gym has a hot tub and cold tub and steam room for men and the same set up for women. All mens side facilities were out of service. Quite disappointing. We were told we (men and women and children) could go to the women's side. We did and found the hot tub at the gym was cool as well as the steam room.

The steak house had amazing filet mignon, quality beef tenderloin.

The Gourmet restaurant was great with the grilled Lobster tail.

The Brazilian restaurant offered skewers of 7 types if meat which was great.

The japanese restaurant was fun for all and tasty tapenyaki preparation / show.

The wine (to purchase) list looked impressive. As sommeliers we were impressed with selection, yet found the prices comparable to US and Canada. 2-3x the price at home.

The house wines were spanish mostly, yet were lowest grade, thin mouthfeel. The tempranillo at the steakhouse and shiraz.

Sparkling wine all around was very tasty and available everywhere, which was nice. French made (France).

Beaches were clean and sand very fine. So soft. The water was warm and clean. Rip tide made our kids afraid (4 years of age).

Pools were extensive, beautiful and had great features for a great vacation. Pool swim up bars, integrated lounge chairs in the pool (concrete) etc.

walked over to the sister Hotels (Lindo, Maya and del Mar).

The Lindo hotel has a nice wave pool and a lazy over and a beautiful lobby bar with a giant aquarium, which is worthwhile seeing / experiencing. Gorgeous lobby reception with enclosed walls and doors, which has air scented with lavender similar to the Venetian in Las Vegas.

The maya hotel is GORGEOUS! Wow! It looks like the Luxor hotel in Vegas but with all the luxuries of a beach hotel.

Service staff were kind and check-in was delightfully quick.

Thanks Iberostar for a wonderful vacation. Our family enjoyed it thoroughly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank 1Luv2

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and Iberostar Paraiso Beach we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We appreciate the time you took to share your amazing comments with us. We are happy you highlighted the grounds, architecture, wildlife and the environment Iberostar has created for our guests. It is truly important since it provides us great information and a fantastic motivational tool and he Staff will be more than glad to read them.

We have forwarded your feedback with respect to the service you mention and the quality of the different wines offered with the Food & Beverage Department and the management, they will take your comments into consideration.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back again in the near future and enjoy again a fantastic stay at the Riviera Maya.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We chose the Iberostar Paraiso Beach because for the length of time we stayed (8 nights), it was the most affordable for our family. Yes, the resort is large but I requested a corner room in Bldg. 33 - top floor, and found it to be a perfect location to the beach, buffets & all activities. The staff was friendly and our room clean. The trouble we found with the room was that the AC is preset, meaning you can't change temp. so at times during the night, it seemed too warm and the unit was a bit loud. The bathroom was fine but could have used an exhaust fan and a magnifying mirror for makeup application. Ladies, there is no hair conditioner so be sure to bring some or your hair will suffer! At some point during the end of our stay, I thought I detected a slight septic odor.

The resort has many water features throughout with turtles and fish swimming about and the perfectly manicured lawns and topical gardens had beautiful peacocks and other wildlife wandering about. The pools were sparkling and nicely maintained, the beaches were beautiful and the dining huts were fun.

The food was good - not great. Some of the speciality restaurants were understaffed, but we were in no rush, isn't that what vacation is?

We took a morning snorkel trip through Cancun Mermaid in Puerto Morelos and thought it was great. The reef was beautiful and we've never seen so many fish - all the time, everywhere you looked. Afterwards, they take you to a local outside restaurant for lunch which was really good - very authentic. From there into town for a short shopping trip then back to the resort. I would highly recommend scheduling this trip but to do so, you have to contact them directly. Bring water (none is provided) and sunscreen.

One night we ventured out to Playa Del Carmen for dinner. It was about a 25 minute drive from the resort but well worth it. The restaurants and bars are abundant, great shopping, terrific beach, on-street entertainment and friendly people.

So, the question - would I come back to the Iberostar Paradiso Beach? Although we did enjoy it, I would not return. I agree with some other guest comments and didn't like wearing a bracelet or being excluded from other resort hotel property amenities. However, that being said, we never stay in the same place twice. It's a big world - we like to try something different every time we travel.

Buena Noche!

Room Tip: Building 32, 33 or 34 which are central to dining facilities, pools and beaches.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacations and your recent stay.

We truly appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us and your feedback concerning our services and the general impression of the Hotel. We regret that not everything was as expected; we have informed our management and the different departments to take into consideration your comments for our improvement.

We have already advised the Head Chef and his Staff regarding the specialty restaurants and the main buffets selection, quality and service. Be sure that this feedback will be used to improve our service.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy again our service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
#51 of 217 in Playa del Carmen
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destination
#77 of 217 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!