“Nice but”

GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice clean Hotel, No access to 2 resorts from total 4 (site says access to all) Staying longer in room on day of flight cost 10.00 and hour (costly if your flight is late in the night) Beach lots of rocks only small area sandy

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Paraiso Beach for your vacations.

We appreciate you took the time to share your experience with us since it provides us important information regarding our service.

We are sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the hotel accesses. Let us clarify that there are different categories within the chain, we indeed share facilities and services with 4 other Premium hotels, which are IBEROSTAR Paraiso del Mar, IBEROSTAR Tucan & Quetzal and IBEROSTAR Cozumel since they belong to the same category as our IBEROSTAR. However, IBEROSTAR Lindo, Maya and Grand Paraiso are hotels of Premium Gold and Grand Collection, which automatically affects several aspects such as the price you paid for your stay or the kind of liqueur offered. We regret if this caused you any inconvenience.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, to enjoy another stay at our paradisiacal beach.

IBEROSTAR México

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from the Iberostar and we LOVED it!!

This resort is huge and if you do not like the walking then do not come here. I love the walk and thought it was a great time to burn calories. I averaged 18,000-20,000 steps a day. The resort is beautiful. There is so much wild life. I loved looking at all of it.

I felt the food was great. The buffet has so many things to offer. Breakfast was the best in my opinion. One night they had sushi for dinner and it was awesome! Try to seat yourself at the buffet. Everytime someone seated us no one wod come up to us and asked for drinks. We found this problem with breakfast and I would not get coffee from someone those days.
My boyfriend and I ate at the statehouse and Italian resturants. The food and service were great at both. These were our favorite meals. The only problem with these place is they are in outside areas. They are the snack shacks during the day. They dress the place nicely but it is so ungodly hot in these places. My boyfriend was uncomfortable when eating. I recommend eating in the inside resturants if you have this problem.

Bring bug spray! My boyfriend and I were getting eaten alive.

The room was great. It was so big and clean. The outside space was cool too. Some mornings we would have a peacock sitting on our railing which was cool. Only problem was our safe. There was no directions to set it. If you get an old school safe make sure to hit the button on the back. There was a miscommunication with the front desk and they thought we were so upset that we wanted to change rooms! We wanted someone to help us with the safe! So it goes to show how many people really so complain! We loved our room.

The beach was great but when we went the waves were a little rough so we were pool people. The layout of this place is amazing. I loved all the areas where you could sit out and get a tan.

As for the drinks..whoever says that drinks are watered down are CRAZY. Either you drink too much or you only drank early in the morning. As the afternoon goes on at the pool bar those drinks get stronger and stronger. They sneak up on you too. Pace yourself. My boyfriend did not make it out one night due to drinking this way during the day. The drinks are very good though. They will make almost anything.

The Star Friends are great too! Don't be lazy and not join in on activities. There is so much dancing at this place! Everyone seems so happy.

The shopping area is cool. You can get your gifts there. Also they have ice cream, burgers, and tacos there. They have a disco as well at 11pm. The one night was sort of lame but go when they do boogie night. The music is 70s and 80s. As a 25 yr old this may sound lame but when you are drinking and you know the words, this makes for an awesome time! That night my boyfriend did not make it out an the Star Friends were there and danced with me until they had to leave. It was awesome!

Do not listen to the reviews. This place is awesome! They work their butts off here. Go and enjoy. Do not worry about things. This place is worth the money. I can not wait to come back!!

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Shampoo0405
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management of IBEROSTAR Paraiso Beach, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We are truly grateful for your preference and for letting us know about the details of your experience in our facilities. It is wonderful to know that you had a great with your couple.

We appreciate your nice mention about the efforts and service offered by our staff. This will motivate them to keep offering unforgettable experiences to our guests.

We apologize for the inconvenience with the safe in your room and also the misunderstanding with the Front Desk; we will share your feedback with the Manager of the team to avoid these situations in the future.

We hope we can host you once again in the near future and thank you for giving us the chance of being at your service.

Best regards,
Hempstead, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

staff is just so nice, they always smile. they provide a great service, the beach was nice and clean, the food was ok, the property is very large, the drinks are just perfect
overall i had a great time. I recommend the japanese restaurant . Everyone enjoyed the food and the entertainment a this restaurant. I also enjoyed the brazilian.

Room Tip: the property is large, so if you want to stay by the beach don't stay by the lobby, I think it w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony R
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management of IBEROSTAR Paraiso Beach, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacation and for sharing your experience with other travelers.

We are delighted to read your review and to know that you enjoyed our friendly staff, our wonderful beach and our restaurants especially our Japanese and Brazilian restaurants. We will share your comments with our staff, as it is a great motivational tool.

We hope to have the honor to receive you again in the near future.

Sunny regards,
Campbellsport, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

The resort offers a bunch of activities for all ages. I wish we were made aware of more of these sooner because we could have participated sooner. The views were amazing and atmosphere was wonderful and relaxing. Be aware of your belongings in the early morning hours and evening hours as our towels were stolen in the early morning hours when by the pool. I had heard others have their stuff taken too...again when many people are heading back into their rooms in the evening and in the early morning when not many people are around. Just disappointing that this occurred because the resort itself is secured. The rooms were very nice and cleaned well. Our housekeeper folded a towel into a creative animal each day and it was always exciting to see the different creations each day. I would definitely recommend it to anyone and would travel back again during the fall or winter.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank jamlynn25
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Management and all the staff of IBEROSTAR, we would like to send you our warmest appreciations for choosing to be guests here.

We appreciate you shared your nice review with us and we were able to offer you a wonderful experience for this special occasion. The Star Friends would be thrilled to read your comments and will surely keep them motivated to offer more activities for our guests.

Regarding the belongings, as part of our Security department procedures, after closing the pool we proceed to recollect the things left at the pool and beach for the Lost & Found. This is an internal measure we take to avoid our guests losing their belongings.

We hope to welcome you back in our hotel on your next visit to Riviera Maya.

ajax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Traveled to Mexico August 15 - 22. Arrived at the hotel about 7 pm. Not too busy and after 15 minutes we were in our room #3909. Large king bed very nice room small balcony. Jorge and the rest of the housekeeping team did a wonderful job of cleaning the room and some beautiful towel and curtain art everyday. We enjoyed the long walks getting to places The whole complex is well laid out and the landscaping is very well maintained.Unless you have mobility problems you should be fine. The food is good to great We never once left a meal feeling disapointed. We booked 3 ala carte meals 6 days before our trip by e-mail and received our confirmation in 24 hours. La Dorada Mediterrian restaurant, Hashiru Japanese restaraunt which were awesome and La Hacienda Mexican which was pretty good. The service at all 3 was great. The " Star Friends" entertainment team were the best. They started their programmes on the beach at 10.30 am and moved to the pool area in the afternoons and the night show in the evenings. If you can you should try to be involved you will love it. They keep you entertained with their humor and energy and we did not miss a single night show. Edwardo on the Mic went above and beyond to get every one involved, Ricardo, Laura "Brown Sugar' and Ivan were so energetic and Gabrieal who would greet you at 8.30 am at the breakfast buffet and worked all day until after midnight when we would see him at the Disco. We were so busy at the Iberiostar resort that we had time to do only 1 day trip to Tulum to see the ruins. My wife and I loved our vacation in Mexico and this will definately not be out last.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canadianjackAjax
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Beach, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for your taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and other travelers.

We are delighted to read your comments and learn that you were impressed by our restaurants, the comfort of your room, the entertainment and especially our service. We will congratulate our staff for their work as they contributed to making your stay so pleasant, especially Jorge and the rest of the Housekeeping Team who kept our room immaculate.

We hope that you give us the chance to serve again at IBEROSTAR Paraiso Beach; we would be waiting for your next visit to Riviera Maya.

Best regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I am comparing this vacation to my last one in Cuba.Food was just ok at best, on par with cuba or maybe slightly worse, I would say. We really expected better quality for the money. Service at the buffet was poor, whether there was not enough staff on duty I dont know. A few of them were not too friendly though. Went to 3 specialty restaurants and didnt find them much different from the buffet except the Brazilian. Beach was nice except for a few days there was a lot of seaweed. Pool was huge with lots of loungers. The water was very warm and not too refreshing, no fault of anyone I guess. Pool bartenders, or should I say bartender were run off their feet and earned thier tips.In my opinion the drinks were watered down. Wife doesn,t usually drink and had two but felt nothing. Overall it was ok, nothing special for the money it cost.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management we would like to thank you for your recent stay.

We appreciate you took the time to share your experience since it provides us with a great tool for our improvement.

Concerning the service, we have already shared your feedback with the Food & Beverage Manager. We regret we did not exceed your expectations at the buffets and specialty restaurants, and we have included your observations in our report for the Executive Chef.

Once again we regret that this experience was not as expected and we sincerely hope to have the chance once more to welcome you in the near future.

Truly yours,

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this resort from August 12 to 22 (by myself)...Beautiful resort...Amazing staff..very safe had no problems whatsoever! Pool is grand, stunning! Beach was beautiful too! Room service AMAZING! Bring extra sunscreen and enjoy your vacation! Definitely recommend this one! Can't wait to be back! Xoxoxoxox

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Ivana B
Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff of IBEROSTAR Paraiso Beach we would like to thank you for choosing us for your vacations.

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us. We are honored to read your comments; it is a motivation source for all our staff members to continue working hard day by day.

We thank you for mentioning the positive sides of your vacation with us and the services that made your stay more comfortable.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Truly yours,

BlueBay Grand Esmeralda
#97 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 9,040 reviews
Occidental at  Xcaret Destination
Occidental at Xcaret Destinatio...
#73 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 11,542 reviews

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Beach? Share your experiences!