“2nd time visitors, planning #3”

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Alberta
“2nd time visitors, planning #3”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This was our second stay at the Lindo. The amount of trees and green areas are what makes this place special to us. We've been to other resorts and find too much concrete and buildings. At the Lindo it feels like you are truly hidden away. The food was just as good as last time. We have a couple picky eaters and we always manage to find something. We only go to the buffets since that is the only way everyone gets what they want. Never had trouble finding something to eat. There was an issue with our rooms, we wanted adjoining, or at least side by side and we ended up on different floors. I actually think this was more our travels agents fault than the resorts. They quickly relocated us and had rooms on the same floor. We were upgraded to a honeymoon suite which was nice, but too secluded for our taste. Rooms over looking the pool are the best. You can watch everything, but still close the door and enjoy the quiet when you;ve have enough! We did receive a discount because we were repeat visitors which is a nice touch. They certainly don't need to do this. However, when we go back this winter, I can assure you we will be booking the Lindo again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank SamRock40
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for repeating experience at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that you recommend our hotel so intensively. We are working very hard to be able to offer our best to our clients in order to fulfill their expectations . I am very glad to hear that we succeeded. Your review will be an inspiration for us to keep on improving and to try to make all our guests as happy as you are.

Please contact us when you are planning to stay with us again: rplindo.maya@iberostar.com.mx and we will assist you in anything you may need.

Iberostar México.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We visited in late November early December 2011. We will definitely go back. We have two children 3 and 4. Wave pool, lazy river, new splash pad and kids club were amazing. Only flaw was kids have to be 4 years old for kids club. Food and service were fabulous. At the Lindo you have access to 4 of the resorts, the buffets never got tired because we could access so many of them. Entertainment at night was the best I've seen at a resort. Playa Del Carmen is a great day trip.....very beachy. Highly

Room Tip: If you have kids, go for something in the middle of the resort. If not, ask for closer to the beach...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol G
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure to read all your complaisant words. Thank you very much again for your comments and your recommendation of our Iberostar Paraiso Lindo. Do not hesitate to contact us if you are planning to visit us again. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Kindest regards,

Quality manager - Iberostar Mexico
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I plus our kids aged 10 and 8 stayed at the Lindo this year for my husband's bday (week of May 5th). We have been twice before and loved it. We were disenchanted upon our arrival, since we had requested a certain room and there seemed to be no record of this request, nor could our floor preference be honored. It was not busy at check-in, but we were not offered the customary welcome drinks, although empty glasses indicated others had been served were at my elbow. Then we were also not offered a golf cart to our rooms, but had to trek there in the heat after a day's travel. Ugh. Our room was a little run down, as well, although the cleaning staff did a great job tidying up daily. The bathtub was peeling, or molting, or...I don't want to know. The next day, we realized we were not given cards for towels either, and I had to walk all the way back to the front desk to receive them. No one apologized, the guy at the desk actually looked at me suspiciously, as if I were making this up. I needed 3 drinks to forget about it.

If it had been trip number one to the resort, I may have thought it was incredible. But we really missed Armando as the entertainment emcee at night, and yes, some of the shows are not "family-friendly," though my 10 year old still says "couchie-couchie," thank you, Iberostar. We found the Star Friends, who had mostly changed since last spring (except the kids' club staff, who were the same), were not as friendly as ones in the past. Danielito, whom we all adored in the past, was sadly transformed into a front-desker and minus the spikey blond dyed hair and happiness he had exuded as a Star Friend. Come back, Danielito!

Nevertheless, there are a lot of activities and a "built in" social life for the kids. They won "diplomas" for darts and T-shirts at the kids' show, and the food is good, and the waiter at the Mexican restaurant did an outstanding job of helping us to celebrate the big birthday. The lobster tails there and the seafood soup are amazing. We felt that the staff were a little more pushy on the grounds for requesting a picture, with an exotic bird, those in traditional Mexican garb, etc, than they were in the past, and I was approached more than once by Jose to consider a spa package.

Change is inevitable, but we really, really want Armando back, did I mention that? My son would rather go to Atlantis, Paradise Island, but for the money and for a restful vacation for the adults, we will probably give the Iberostar a fourth visit. It has become a tradition. It would be nice if the hotel would make a special effort to recognize return visitors as such.

Room Tip: Ground floor equals no stairs to climb. Close to the wave pool means you are smack at the center of...
Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 8Lunch2Late
Ohio
Reviewed 19 May 2012

When my wife and I looked for the ideal all-inclusive resort in the Riviera Maya area, we read many, many reviews. Our criteria were cleanliness, good food, friendly staff, nice beach, safety, and a reasonable cost. We did not find any resort with consistently high reviews, and so were a little nervous after we settled on the Paraiso Lindo, which seemed to have higher ratings. After coming home from our one week stay in May 2012, I can honestly say the Lindo scores very high in all areas. My wife and I are in our 40's, and my daughter celebrated her 8th birthday while there. From the moment we got there, we absolutely loved it.

The food at the gourmet restaurants was awesome, especially the Filet and the Lobster at the Italian restaurant, and just about everything at the seafood restaurant. Even the buffets were very good. My daughter is a picky eater, but after 2-3 days even she settled in and found many things she liked.

Staying at the Lindo entitles you to explore the pools, restaurants, and beaches of the adjoining Beach, Del Mar, and Maya Iberostar resorts, so it is like having four resorts in one. The beach was very nice, with plenty of thatched roof umbrellas available to duck under if the sun got too hot. There was some seaweed in the surf and that washed up on the beach, but other than that, the water was clear, clean and the perfect termperature. Routinely hundreds of small (4-9-inch) fish swam all around you in the surf, which was really cool to watch.

The grounds were immaculate, with staff constantly trimming, planting, and cleaning the gardens, pools, and fountains. Maid service was excellent, and my daughter really enjoyed all the different towel animals the housekeepers would surprise us with when we returned to our cleaned room.

The only negatives I can think of are: 1) the beds are a little too firm for our taste and 2) that my wife thought our ground floor room felt a little damp. So the second day I talked to the concierge in our building. She immediately called the front desk and arranged another room on the third floor and two buildings over, and she had the bellhops come and in less than thirty minutes we were in our new room, and my wife was happy. The concierge's also make the restaurant reservations for you, so don't forget to find them as soon as you get settled in, so you don't get shut out of a reservation on your first night.

While this was our first visit to the Riviera Maya area, it is hard for me to imagine you can beat this resort in terms of value for your money. It just seemed an incredible deal. We will definitely consider returning to the Lindo, and next time, will stay a few days longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the ground floor - less humidity and also less overhead noise.
6 Thank 1guy1opinion
IberostarMexico, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this feedback on Trip Advisor.
Your email will be passed to the staff as well as the Management.
This is the type of comments we love to receive from our guests after a wonderful stay as they motivate us to improve our service daily.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance. Our email is rplindo.maya@iberostar.com.mx

Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

It stayed here a few times. And many of my family have to. In fact my cousin lives out there now after going one year and getting a job as the singer in the band. The staff are great. The food is great. You can have the buffet or go to any of the resturants. We order eoom service once (free ofcourse) and they give you si much. You feel In this hotel nothing is to expensive, even the beer and vodkas the nice stuff not the normal crap you get. It's clean the rooms are a nice size. The pools are great. If you stay in this hotel you can use all the stuff in the other 2 hotels. I tell you know I di never bothered going on holidays but since I've been here I can't wait! I love Mexico and I love this hotel. If you have never been I beg you to go. You will love this place!!!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Arrowtec333

Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Note: this review was erroneously posted under another person which we are trying to have removed, so I've posted it again in case we are successful having it removed.

Just returned from a week at Lindo with my husband and two kids, 11 and 16, and I just can't rave enough about this resort, especially the people. By far what made the trip the best were the 'Star Friends' who fill many roles at this resort including running all the activities as well as participating in the shows in the evening. They are a group of hardworking (extremely), caring, and energetic people who really made the difference. I want to especially say a heartfelt 'thank you' to Rodrigo, Pedro, Andres, and Napoleon (a fantastic performer). Thanks guys!

The staff were generally so helpful, especially the concierge in our building, 51. Each building has a concierge which makes life so much easier. Requests were handled promptly and always with a smile. We were able to get a cot in the room for my son within an hour of arrival, and when we asked for water late in the evening, it was delivered within 10 minutes. It was my son's birthday while we were there so the concierge made sure that he received special treatment with a towel creation surprise in our room. It is important to realize that the staff work long and hard for much less than we do in North America, so tipping a dollar or two is always appreciated. Also, the rooms are fine for the amount of time you are in them; they are kept clean and there are lots of towels. It is a humid environment so you'll find things like bed linens to be a bit damp (bathing suits never really dry totally so bring a few) but this makes little difference when you are so exhausted from the wonderful time you had all day that you fall right to sleep.

Food: We have travelled to other resorts and this one exceeds all others in food, quality and quantity. We went to a different a la carte every day (you must reserve early--even email the hotel 3 weeks in advance) and enjoyed each one. Favourites were the seafood (La Marina), steak (La Rancho) and Mexican which we returned to. The main breakfast buffet (by the theatre) had lots of choice and everything was very good. My son especially liked the freshly made donuts! Most importantly about the food is that we DIDN'T get sick like we have at other resorts. Brush your teeth with the bottled water supplied in your room as an added precaution.

Activities: Really the Star Friends made these special. My son was able to just go from one activity to another; either he was in view or with the Star Friends so we knew he was fine and having fun. Some of the activities included darts and ping pong (tournaments daily--kids are recognized at the theatre at 9:20 so this makes it fun for them), water polo, volleyball and basketball, beach soccer, volleyball and bocce ball as well as other fun pool activities. There was also dance lessons and aqua gym at the pool. I had a mini massage everyday on my pool lounger; what a treat! Thank you to Elena and Yasmin! Also my husband and I had a heavenly hour massage by the pool (though private) which we highly recommend. The shows in the evening are very entertaining and worthwhile especially in comparison to other resorts whose shows were not worth watching. The Boogie Nights show and the Mexican culture show were really good as were the ones featuring the Star Friends and emceed by Franklin. It would be nice if the music at the disco, Gallaxy, started right after the show finished at 10:30, for us ‘old’ people!

The sea is a gorgeous turquoise with lots of waves that many enjoyed playing in. I found the beach a bit crowded and if you didn't get a lounger under a patalpa, you had no other options for shelter from the sun though most people at the beach were working on their tans anyway. There were loads of loungers and the beach was a beautiful walk even in the evening. We always felt very safe at this resort; in fact, safety wasn't even an issue. The catamaran offered by the hotel was a lot of fun and worthwhile.

Advice: Go! You'll love it, but make sure to tip the hardworking staff, and please, feed the cats that live by building 50 by the path that leads to the pool. There are signs that say not to, but these are not feral cats; they 'come' to the same sounds we make to get our domestic pets to come. Ignore the reviews that are negative, complaining about silly things. These are just not important compared to the overall very positive experience Iberostar provides. Tell Rodrigo, Pedro and Andres that their friends from Port Perry, Ontario say 'hi'! We'll be back.

Room Tip: Buildings 54 and 55 are closer to the theatre so if you retire early, pick a room in buildings 50 or...
4 Thank Lors2702

Your email will be passed to the staff as well as the Management.
I would also like to thank you in special for your recognition for employees that make our hotel stand out. I will forward all of your constructive comments to the manager of each department so they can inform their staff.
Thank you once again for your comments. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to our resort in the near future.

Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Two of my sisters and myself stayed at the Lindo from May 7th through May 13th. We are all in our 50s and 60s. This was our 4th time at Iberostar--previously we stayed at the Tucan and the Maya--this was the second time at the Lindo. Last time we went to Mexico in 2009 it was in the middle of the swine flu outbreak. We were booked at the Lindo and they upgraded all guests to the Maya. Given we have been good loyal customers we were hoping to get an upgrade again, but when we asked about that possiblity the desk person was very hesitant. They did finally say they would upgrade our room to a Jr. suite. It was a ground floor room in building 50 right off the beach, however there is a thick swath of jungley trees and growth between the balcony and the beach so there was no view and we fought off misquitos when we went outside on the balcony.
But it was still paradise and we enjoyed the resort immensely.
The cleanliness and upkeep of the property is still immaculate. The food seemed better then ever. We don't understand why people copmplain about the food. There are so many healthy choices and not so healthy ones, too if you want to indulge. The daily soup in the beach resturant was gourmet level. We enjoyed several of the specialty resturants including the Japanese, the Italian, the Steak House and Jambalya.
Something that never happened before occurred several times during our last couple of days and nights. The power throughout the resort went out. The first time it happend was during the middle of the night. We all woke up sweating and it took a minute to realize the power was down. It come on after 15 minutes or so. It went off the next night at dinner and we could hear all the cooks in the dark yelling and hooting and hollering. Again it came back on after 10 minutes. Later when we were walking around the resort it went off again and the phones and internet were all down. There was definitly a feeling of being cut off and being far way from home. But it came back after a time. The hotel claimed it was not the problem of the resort, but the power company that was at fault. I have never read about this in any of the reviews, so it was a surpridse but not terribly inconvenient because it didn't last long--wouldn't want to be there without air conditioning or fresh food for very long...
All in all we love the resort and will probably go back next year. It is truly like going away to paradise for a week!

Room Tip: 50 is close to the ocean--get a 2nd or 3rd floor to enjoy the balcony
2 Thank Michele167

Your email will be passed to the staff as well as the Management.
I will forward all of your constructive comments to the manager of each department so they can inform their staff. We very sorry for the incident with the electricity during your stay with us. This incident was with the Electricity Company and this incident affected all the resorts in this area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Paraiso
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Paradisus by Melia Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus by Melia Playa Del Car...
#31 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Moon Palace Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun
#23 of 175 in Cancun

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!