“Lovely hotel”

Iberostar Paraiso Lindo
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Playa Paraiso
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed at three different hotels in the area on our recent trip, two of which were Iberostar properties. This was my first stay at the Lindo.

We arrived at the hotel very early and prepared to leave our bags with the bellman. During check in we were offered a free upgrade to a junior suite and advised that our room was ready. I wish I could remember the name of the employee that checked us in, she was very informative and friendly.

Our room was located in the 5100's and was perfect. Very large and it overlooked the pool. We were very close to one if the restaurants, which made our location even better. Food was good, service was fantastic. Enjoyed sharing lunch with Napolean, a very talented star friend one afternoon.

I have stayed in the complex many times and just want to mention the galaxy nightclub. I notice that a video for coco bongo plays on repeat pretty much all night on the large screens. I am sure there is a kickback of some sort from coco bongo, but it gets really old and why would you want to take away from your own club? Return to the music videos you used to play, please. Also, I wish I knew the name of the bartender in the club, there are two and for lack of a better description, the shorter one is great. He has worked there a few years and is very nice and a very hard worker. When I return in November I will be sure to get his name. He deserves some recognition.

My daughter had just graduated from high school and this was her senior trip. We stayed at another hotel before we arrived at the iberostar complex. On more than one occasion she has mentioned how much she enjoyed the Iberostar resorts, the beach and mostly the employees and is looking forward to returning on her own. We always felt safe here and the security measures are a comfort.

A special thanks to Antonio the bellman for taking such good care of us and for letting us ride along on the trolley our last night. This is a great way to see all the resorts, except the Grand, so check in with Antonio when you arrive and don't forget to tip!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 5100 block are very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shellywms
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear client,

On behalf of all the staff, and particularly the hotel manager, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your recent vacation.

We are truly thrilled to understand from your gracious remarks that not only did you have a memorable experience at our hotel but you were also extremely impressed with our staff and facilities.

With your most recent trip to Iberostar being so pleasurable, we are quite confident that you will be staying again at our hotel and therefore we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Not only is this location beautiful, the service and accommodations were outstanding. Our concierge Alberto took care of all of the booking and coordinated dinners for all three of our families, while making special arrangements for little ones in the group, with milk delivered to the room, crib, etc. For a special anniversary celebration the room was decorated beautifully with rose petals, champagne, etc. Alberto felt like a friend, and always greeted us with a smile. When we had the need for medical care Dr. Ricardo the on-site 24/7 doctor came to the room late in the night and the front desk assisted with medication to be delivered quickly. Everyone working at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo were friendly, hard-working and professional. The food, drinks, entertainment and facilities were exceptional. Though this is an all-inclusive resort we felt tips were greatly deserved and appreciated. We would highly recommend this resort.

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Your fabulous experience may encourage other travelers to choose us as their vacation destination in Mexico.

It is good to know that you had a wonderful anniversary. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, delicious food, pools, and our friendly staff. Your comments regarding the kindness and effectiveness of our staff will also go far way in encouraging our team. We will forward your comments to Alberto; he will be happy to read your kind words.

Our main goal is to offer the best holiday experiences to our guests, and reading this kind of reviews make us feel extremely happy. Thank you very much for all the positive points you mentioned.

Thank you for your loyalty; we are quite confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and we therefore anxiously await your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I always do my best in my reviews to mention some items you may be missing from a typical review. If you have any specific questions that I don't address please feel free to message me. Items like room layout, and check in and so on I'll leave in the capable hands of many of my fellow reviewers.

One thing I noticed in my research was that no-one seemed to really give a good resort comparison to its neighbors and I found it hard to determine which of the PP resorts I should stay at, so here it goes:

the DelMar and Beach resorts: your Lindo package allows you to "play" at these resorts as well and I found myself over there as much at out own resort. The Delmar building are mostly white and seem well kept. There are peacocks around and a lot of little "jungle" type areas to explore with plenty of Coati around. The "Beach" buildings have fresh bright paint and are between the DelMar rooms and the Lindo side. The DelMar buffets, and snack bar has the same fare as the Beach resort and very close to the same food as the Lindo (Lindo is better but not by that terrible much). Actually the Beach resorts "snack bar (70 on the resort map) had a few things that the Lindo didn't (like totally awesome cherries at breakfast). So I'd encourage you to try a different spot for every meal. If you want a nature/jungle/laid back kind of a trip I would recommend to save your money and stay at either the Beach or DelMar. If however you want to eat indoors (by that I mean windowed), have a wave pool, more pools and food options and more activities I'd head next door. A pool note: don't be fooled by the size of the pool in pictures. A large portion of it (waterfall all the way past the "adult section") is extremely shallow. You will be swimming it on your elbows pretty much.

Lindo: Much more concrete resort but beautiful as well. The buffet area I found to be really quite excellent in both aesthetics and food quality. The buffet and the snack bar restaurants are both windowed (at the "Beach" and "DelMar" they are not), so if you want to dine without the wind being a factor you will want a Lindo or Maya package. The Lindo and Maya theater is vastly superior to the one at the Beach/DelMar but the shows are the same (alternate nights). The Lindo is newer than the Beach/Delmar and shows it in areas like pool tile quality, building layout and some small general paint chipping and so on.

Maya: Before I booked I was lead to believe that the only real difference between the Lindo and the Maya was that the Maya came a few of its own al-a cartes, and the rooms were on a different side of the resort. This is not the only differences. The Mayan rooms (at least the 3 I snooped into- don't worry I was allowed to) are vastly superior and clearly much newer. the Mayan side has a much different courtyard style layout to it and is clearly newer. There is a snack bar poolside restaurant specifically for the Maya side (latest resort map has it as building 9) and it has more selection then the Lindo one. I'm not entirely sure why you would need more selection but hey I'm pointing out differences. Most of the rooms I noticed had hammocks on the balconies. Are these differences enough to justify the price difference? Not for me, but perhaps for you. I actually think if I were to go back I would go with the Beach or DelMar and save my money for a day trip but I love the nature feel they had to them.

Grand: Totally awesome and vastly superior to any of the other 4. If you are one of those super picky travellers or hate kids go to the Grand. I would also recomment the Grand for retirees who want it a bit quiter. The restaurant view there must be mind blowing, right on the beach. The beach at the grand was poor, but just walk down to the other sections to get a better stretch of sand and less rocks in the water.

I would say I was only disappointed with 2 areas of this great group of resorts.

1) Far too congested at the Lindo and Maya pools. Not necessarily too many people, just way too many "things" packed into too small of a space. My theory is that they had designed the resort for the Lindo and around half of the Maya rooms and then decided to expand the Maya. The result is about 35% too many loungers per square inch and no room to walk through them to get to wherever you are going. Its a catch 22. If they don't have enough loungers we complain there is no where to sit and relax by the pool, and if they put too many out you have no space to move around. I'm not complaining, only noting.

2) the beach (actual beach, not the Beach resort) was maybe a 5 out of 10 for me. I have been to Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, and Varadero and prefer them all to this one (yes I'm aware that every resort has its own section so its not like all of the Mayan Riviera is worse than all of Puerto Vallarta). I had read about rocks in the water and largely ignored it because everyone said you can walk around them. This is true, but only on a calm day. On a windy day they are knee killers and you can't see them. The waves come in quite strong on a windy day because of the angle of approach. My kids basically couldn't swim there because of the wave size. NOTE: we went during a very windy week so I'm sure other people wont be as hard on the beach as I'm being. If you are a beach lounger, you will love it. The sand is soft, the vendors are basically non existent and the sand is plentiful. It is the swimming that sucks when its windy.

Obviously there are a lot of areas of the resort I haven't touched on and would have given this place 5 out of 5 if it were not for the beach being so unswimmable and the pool being so congested. I would highly, highly recommend this place for families and couples won't be disappointed either. Iberostars service is always top shelf in every area.

In closing I have 2 tips:

1)check out the shopping mall area. It is a great little way of combining North American shopping styles with an all inclusive experience. Very unique.

2) book your ala cartes early. Every building has their own concierge so there is no line but the spaces fill up quickly. We really enjoyed the Japanese (at the Beach resort).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank jd2210

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the absolute privilege of being your hosts by choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your most recent family vacation. We would also like to express our sincere appreciations to you for taking time to send us your comments on how your holiday went at our resort.

We appreciate the constructive comments from our guests because they help us provide a better service.

Thank you for your description about the differences among the 5 hotels. Regarding the differences between Lindo and Maya, apart from the exclusive services for guests at Maya such as 5 restaurants + access to other restaurants, a la carte for breakfast and lunch, and more spacious rooms it also has other facilities such as the baby kitchen, elevators in buildings, DVD in rooms, wired internet in rooms (extra charge), private swimming pool, free wifi in lobby, access to spa wet area for adults only, etc.

We extend our sincerest apologies if you were disappointed with some aspects of our resort. These constructive comments will be sent to management for their consideration.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review on Trip Advisor, we hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We spent a week at the Lindo in late July 2013. We have three children, ages 22, 21 and 16. We were with three other families with children of similar ages. Overall, I would have to say the Lindo was pretty average, with some things being very good and some being pretty bad.

The resort is located about 30 minutes south of the airport. It is a low slung, long resort stretching from the reception area towards the beach. It is a long walk from front to back. The resort stops about 50 yards from the beach and there's almost a jungle between the resort and the beach. None of the rooms from the Lindo have a view of the ocean.

The check in process was fairly quick and painless. From reading reviews on here, it seemed like all you had to do to get an upgraded room was ask. I asked and was given the option for one room (we had one for my wife and me and one for our kids) at the Maya, but that didn't work for us. The room wasn't ready, so we had a short wait. They did give us our wristbands, so we were able to grab lunch.

The rooms were a mixed bag. Our room had a king bed with a pillow top mattress and pillows to my personal liking. Our three kids had two small double beds, so we asked for and quickly received a roll-a-way. The double beds were very hard, and this led to the first big problem. I knew from the reviews to ask for mattress toppers. I called and asked and was assured they were coming. They didn't come. We asked a couple days later, and they still didn't come and then I asked the concierge and she said she'd see to it. They never got them. I suppose if I'd kept calling, they would have brought them eventually, but three times is really two too many to have to ask.

The electrical system in the room was very confusing. It took days to figure out which lights went with which switches. We had our chargers plugged into a plug that required a light switch be on for the plug to work, so the devices weren't charging that first night. The plugs in the entryway seemed to work only when they wanted to. The room also seemed to have the electrical on a motion detector, and it seemed like the ceiling fan and A/C turned off in the middle of the night. The room has a safe, a mini fridge stocked with water, sodas and beer, good closet and drawer space, and our room had a small sofa and a little table. The room was clean and bright. We had a first floor room with a small patio. There was a spring loaded locking device on the sliding door to the patio and I locked myself out the first time I used it, so I was lucky my wife was in the room. They provide fairly good shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion.

The food overall was adequate. I had a few really good meals, and several OK meals. I never had what I would consider an awful meal. As the other reviews note, the best meals are the a la carte restaurants, for which you must have a reservation. Once you get in to these places on the night of your reservation, you see that these places may have several open tables at a time when they will tell you there are no tables available. Case in point, our friends all had 8:30 reservations at the steak place at the Lindo, but we were told we couldn't get in until 9:00. We came at 8:30 anyway, and they just gave us all a bigger table. It was easy to do because there were several empty tables there. I will say that the food there was very good. I had the tenderloin and thought it was great. The service was very good as well. Our wine glasses were never empty. We also ate at the Japanese restaurant at the hotel next door. There were not many empty seats, but they were still there, and again our friends were able to get the early reservation but we were told 8:30 was full. We again showed up with them and we were promptly seated. The food was very good there as well, plus the whole "show" the chef puts on while preparing the meal.

There is a shopping center a short walk from the front desk area. The center serves all five of the resort hotels. There is a hamburger place and a taco restaurant in the center, which are part of your meal plan. The food at both of these places was surprisingly good. I could be wrong, but it seemed to be a much better quality meat patty used at the hamburger place than at the Lindo restaurants.

That was it for the very good meals, in my opinion. The buffets, whether breakfast, lunch or dinner were good, but not great. Obviously, whether someone likes a meal is a very personal, subjective thing. What I love to eat might not be your thing, and vice versa, so take this with a grain of salt. There were some surprises, like onion rings and ham and cheese sandwiches on the breakfast buffet. The hamburgers were very bland, but the fries were pretty good. The main buffet had a pizza station where you could select the ingredients and they would bake it in about 5 minutes. The first day we learned that this only meant you had the right to the first slice of that pizza and there were several people waiting to get the rest of the slices. Again, just because I didn't find the buffet food always to my liking doesn't mean you will feel the same way.

A lot of people on here have been very critical of the drinks. I found them very much to my liking. The secret is to (1) "call" your liquor, as the well booze isn't all that great. The well vodka is Blat, but they have Absolute and Stolichnaya; (2) tip the bartenders a dollar every now and then, and (3) ask for an extra splash of liquor. It also helps to be polite. By the middle of the week, I knew many of the bartenders and they always took good care of me. I did not try the margaritas, but my wife said she did not like the way they made them. The beer spouts were unlabeled but I think they only serve Dos XX. I was never asked what kind of beer I wanted.

The beach is where we spent most of our time during the day, and a source of much frustration until we started playing "the towel game," like so many others. There are four rows of palapas, which are basically thatched roof umbrellas, permanently affixed to the beach. If you are lucky enough to get one, you have some shade during the day, but may be relatively far from the water. The further back you are, you have an obstructed view of the water and get the noise of the bar and the henna tattoo booth. If you don't mind the sun pounding on you all day, there were a good number of open lounge chairs near the water. The water was pretty although there was a line of rocks about 10 feet into the surf if you entered the water at the "wrong" place. It seemed like if you went in directly in front of the life guard tower, you avoided the rocks. The waves were large our first two days, so the water wasn't very clear. The surf was calm after that and the water was clear.

When I mentioned "the towel game," I was referring to the activity in which you get up as early as possible and stake your claim by depositing towels, books, magazines, toys, family members, etc., on the chairs so that you can use them later. The palapas were all gone most days by 8:00 am and the best pool chairs are taken even earlier. One day we slept in and didn't get a palapa. After baking in the sun, my wife saw one that seemed to be untouched, save for the four towels on the four loungers and a Russian language magazine. She left the chairs untouched, but pulled a chaise lounge into the shade of their palapa. She enjoyed the shade for several hours before they returned and yelled at her for invading their space. The next day, I went out at 7:00 to reserve us a palapa. I saw the Russians had already gotten theirs. We looked over periodically during the day, but saw no signs of the Russians. Finally, a little after 4:00 pm, they came to use their chairs. That means that for over NINE HOURS, no one could use those four chairs or take advantage of that shade. That was so frustrating. There are signs by the pool indicating you couldn't reserve chairs, but it's a joke that every palapa gets held by 8:00 am and the hotel does nothing about it. My wife complained to a security guy but he didn't seem to comprehend what she was asking him to do about it. The rest of the trip, she set an alarm for six am so we could have a palapa on the front row, closest to the water.

The towel situation also caused us a lot of stress. When you check in, you get one towel card per person in your group. There is some charge ($15?) for every towel card you do not turn in at checkout. With a day or two, we were down two towels. I don't know exactly what happened, but I suspect some people take towels which do not belong to them, which could be how people like the Russians were able to leave four towels all day long on the beach chairs. For all I know they also had four chairs reserved by the pool all day. To the hotel's credit, we just had to go to the front desk, explain we were missing towels, and they gave us the extra towel cards, no charge.

The pools really seemed to be the center of activity at the Lindo. I only went in the two largest pools. The one closest to the beach wasn't very crowded. The larger pool, the one with the swim up bar, was more crowded and because it's relatively shallow all around, it was pretty warm, and not very refreshing in 90 degree heat. The swim up bar has a grotto-like rock roof. At times, groups of 18-24 year olds would be crowded in by the bar and it would get very, very loud in that cave like setting. There was usually a very welcoming attitude around that bar, and I frequently found strangers pressing a shot into my hand informing me I really needed to take it. The bartenders at that bar seemed to be the busiest, hardest working ones at the resort, and they really appreciated the soaking wet dollar bills I gave them. Imagine being around lots of people drinking in warm water and they stay in roughly the same place for a couple hours. You sure didn't want to get that pool water anywhere close to your mouth.

The internet was a joke. The only Wi-Fi service was the wireless in the front lobby. It cost $3.00 for 15 minutes. There was also a business center where you could use their computers, but I don't know the cost for that. The wireless was down for at least two of the days we were there. TIP: The Grand gets free wireless that isn't password protected. We discovered that you could get pretty good wireless on the beach, using the Grand's connection.

Coco Bongo. From the minute you get off your plane, you will see advertisements for something called Coco Bongo. It's a bar/disco/ nightclub in Playa del Carmen. It's $65 for a shuttle bus t/from, and admission, which includes a show and your drinks. People in our group went and said it was only OK. We did go into Playa our last night and ate dinner. I would recommend doing that as you get tired of the resort. Playa felt safe and they close several streets off for pedestrians only.

The hotel plaza has a disco, and it was fairly fun. There were lots of people in there the times I went, but the dance floor was large enough to accommodate everyone. They had several bartenders working, so it was easy to get a drink. The décor is a Star Wars theme, which always made me laugh.

With our two rooms, we spent over $5000 for the hotel alone. I had never done an all inclusive before, and I don't think I will again. My wife doesn't eat much, so there was no way she got her money's worth. I felt kind of pressured to eat, even when I wasn't hungry. I would run up to breakfast just before they closed, because I didn't dare miss a meal I had already paid for.

All in all, it was a fairly fun trip. Give me seven days in the sun with my friends and family, and with all the booze I can drink, and I will have a good time. Do I feel I had a great time? No. Do I think I got my money's worth? No. Will I come back? No.

11  Thank dandrewsx

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate you choosing Mexico and specially our resort for your family vacation.

We would like to express our sincerest apologies if you were displeased in way with any aspect of our resort.

As far as our pools and beach chairs go, we are sorry you had to endure the situation described. It is indeed not permitted to reserve chairs, but this practice is still done and fairly difficult to resolve it as the hotel does not want to touch guests’ personal belongings. We are, however, looking into the best way to resolve this situation.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated. They will be forwarded to the managers of the staff that you mentioned in your review so that they know of your impression and experience of your stay with us. Likewise your comments on the restaurants will be passed on to our Executive Chef for his consideration. Your feedback is the best source of information we have to know if we are on the right track, thank you for that.

We apologize about the situation you described with the mattress toppers. Our Public Relations Department always gathers efforts to resolve any situation or grant any request from our guests, but even though our mattress toppers availability is usually satisfactory, it seems that the department had them all located in rooms. We will forward this complaint to our Housekeeping and Public Relations Department.

Regarding dinner times, we have 4 seating times 6.30pm, 7pm, 8.30pm, 9pm. Sometimes first seatings may seem emptier, but we need to bear in mind that if we have reservations for 9pm, the amount of tables at 8.30pm are calculated upon guests that are still there from their 7pm seatings and new ones entering at that time. We can then occupy as many tables as the next 9pm reservations permit. Sometimes capacity is full initially but if 9.00pm reservations are cancelled, then of course some guests can come in earlier if they prefer. That is to say that our staff is not trying to make our guests life difficult whatsoever, but if the capacity at the time of booking was not respected, the result would be awful delays and understandably discontent guests. We thank you for your understanding and in any case we are happy you managed to eat with your friends.

In regard to the internet connection, in that matter and thanks to our guests suggestions we would like to inform you that we are working on improving that point this year; we are also planning to provide connection service from the rooms and common areas at an extra fee. Thank you for your observation and comments.

We are sorry that the circumstances mentioned affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel. Our resort is built within the jungle and it is one of its main features, which is very representative of our region. One suggestion to enjoy sea views in your room would be to try our Grand Paraiso Hotel, our Iberostar Tucan or Quetzal in Playa del Carmen, or Iberostar Cancun.

We are truly saddened the read that you do not intend to return to our resort but nevertheless hope that we will once again have the honor of serving you at our resort so we may prove to you our commitment to exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had made reservations for Paraiso Beach resort, but paid $490 to upgrade to Paraiso Lindo after finding out that the Lazy River and Wave Pool are not open to Beach/DelMar guests. This turned out to be a good choice.

The Maya and Lindo resort areas have air conditioned buffet restaurants, while the Del Mar and Beach areas have open air buffet restaurants. This is nice to escape the heat.

Our room in building 55 had A/C that would go down to 22.5 C, although I doubt it ever actually achieved it. The rooms were never as cool as I wanted.

I looked in a friends room from the Maya side and their AC would go down to 20C, and were much much cooler. I would upgrade to the Maya in the future.

The meals were better in the buffet restaurants than in most of the theme restaurants. The buffets have 4 different chef's making foods, plus a whole huge variety of foods for every taste. The kids loved eating at the buffets the best.

The best theme restaurant was the Brazilian Steak house at the Del Mar, not to be confused with the El Fogon steakhouse. The El Fogon was average. The Brazilian steak house was intimate, quiet, very good eating. Go light on the salad bar at first, there are 10 meat courses to work through.

The beach was great, but the water in some areas is very rocky and can punish you when the waves hit, especially in the 1-2 ft shallow areas. Bring water shoes and you will be fine. Also it is fairly easy to see the rocky areas and avoid them, once you know what to look for.

Tip your concierge 20 pesos whenever they help you and they will keep your room spotless and the mini-bar stocked daily.

The room service was average, and it was a very limited menu, but it was helpful one evening when we came back from an all-day activity without having eaten dinner.

Don't pay more than $50 for a WaveRunner ride, and if you skip the resort wave runners just about 100 yards down the beach to the south you can ride faster machines with less rules. Our 11 year old son was allowed to ride, whereas the resort wanted everyone to be 16+.

Bring your own inflatables for the pool / ocean. A simple inflatable inner tube there is about $30 USD, and sunblock is $27 USD. Bring your own, and lots of it.

Apply sunblock early and often...

Room Tip: Building 51-52 is more central to the activities (beach / pool / etc.). Bring water shoes because s...
3  Thank Jason S
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear client,

On behalf of all the hotel staff and particularly the management, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with other travelers how your holidays went at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

On the other hand; we are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not live up to our usual level concerning the food and beverage quality. Our Executive Chef is always working on improving the different options offered at our buffets and A la carte restaurants so we will send him your comments for consideration.

Our hotel tries to set an example in environmental friendliness by participating in a sustainability project which aims at saving energy, reducing waste and protecting our planet to show we care about future generations. This is the reason why we maintain the temperature of the air conditioning at 23 degrees and why the air conditioning automatically turns off when the balcony door is not shut properly. However, as our guests’ satisfaction comes first, we lower the temperature limit if our guests do not feel comfortable. They can feel free to talk to the Concierge about their concern and we will be more than glad to adapt the temperature to your personal needs.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you back here in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here for 16 days (2 adults and 2 children aged 7 and 10), and all over we had a wonderful time. The hotel area and the buildings are all very beautiful, and you really get the feeling of living in a Maya-museum or something. Beautiful sculptures, decorations, tropic birds, flowers and fountains everywere And all very clean. cars to pick oy up and bring you to another part of the hotel or to the neighbour hotel if you like, etc etc. The staff was very friendly and hardworking - I think they sometimes worked both days and nights - always with a smile on their face, which is amazing. We brought a lot of one-dollars to tip them, they really deserved it! For the food it was much better than we expect of an All Inclusive hotel - especially when it comes to the buffet-food. The food in some of the ala carte restaurants was, surprisingly, not always very good, and the sushi was bad. But I still really recommend the Japanese restaurant because of the “cocking show” - it was very fun, and the wok was OK. I also will recommend the beach with the snack food (all day and afternoon I think) and the paella making. Really great! The children had a really nice time to; the wave pool, the shows, the wild life, the "free" ice cream - and our girl (7) even learned to swim! BUT I must say; we could really feel the different between our first week (week 29) and the second week (week 30). Week 30 felt much more crowded and busy in all ways, and I sometimes really felt sorry for the staff, they were too few to manage the pressure! Nice pools and lots of sun beds and nice ladies serving you drinks, but after 16 days I must admit I was a little fed up with the star team song - but again, not a big deal - it was always possible to go to another and calmer part of the hotel or to the beach. Our room was close to both the main pool or to the beach, The room was was spacey and nice decorated with a big balcony. We lived at the Maya part, and so we had a junior suite with two double beds – “grand lit”-type. But travelling together with 2 children I will recommend to ask for extra beds. I regret that we didn't, I can still feel it in my back... The mini bar was filled up every day of the very nice house keepers and the concierge-system was fabulous - they could even babysit: Thanks a lot to wonderful Dorcas, she helped us with everyting and she was babysitting at Friday night (!); the kids loved her and we felt very safe and comfortable with "a night out" at the French gourmet restaurant - very good food by the way! So: Big and very beautiful "hotel town", nice and hardworking staff – and maybe a little too busy in the high season. Very good place for familys with children and / or teenagers.

3  Thank OsloMarianne

Dear customer,

On behalf of the management and staff we would like to extend our gratitude for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo to spend your vacation. It is most satisfactory to know that we have contributed to making your vacation a success.

At the Iberostar we try to provide an ambience that will fulfill guest satisfaction to the highest level. We are delighted to have provided you with an outstanding holiday and are also pleased to hear that you were happy with the excellent services of Dorcas (our concierge). We will forward your comment to her.

Concerning your comment about our music; our Entertainment Manager has been notified of the comments you have made.

As a tourism company we always make changes to offer different options and to be aligned with nowadays demands. We hope that every improved service is welcomed by our customers and it is through this means that we can measure their impact. We appreciate you sharing your impression.

Thank you for this feedback, we really appreciate your recognition for our service. We sincerely hope that if ever returning to Mexico, you will not hesitate to visit our resort as we would consider an honor to be able to serve you again.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for one week as a family of three (2 adults one child). We had visited several Iberostars in the past and have been generally satisfied, so we figured we knew what to expect....

It's a wonderfully large hotel with several things to do and places to explore, the decor felt very authentically Mexican with amazing museum-like sculptures and details everywhere... the wave pool and the scattered wildlife was a nice touch... but overall it generally felt like a mad house... It is after-all four hotels in one...

Very busy hotel with a low staff to client ratio making service an issue. Meals were ok, but everything involved waiting, waiting in really long lines for pretty much everything (breakfast, lunch, dinner, ice cream, towels, washrooms, transportation, etc.).

The Beach was fun... there was amazing light turquoise water and delicately fun waves to play around in... Beach-chairs were impossible to find though...

The rooms were ok, the food was ok, and the service was ok... overall the hotel was ok... Bets part about it was the beach and the wildlife... Oh and Rossana, she was the nicest concierge ever!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Miss A
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear customer,

Please allow us to express our sincere appreciations not only for choosing our resort to spend your vacations with us, but also for taking the time to send your comments and your opinion of your holiday at Iberostar.

We are glad that your holiday has been special for you and your family, this type of comments motivates us to providing an excellence service.

We are sorry you felt uncomfortable in several instances at our resort, mostly by having to wait in lines. We will be passing your comments on to Management for their consideration.

All your feedback will be forwarded to the different Department Managers, including that about sunbeds, for our future improvements.

We feel honored to have contributed to making your holiday paradisiacal and are extremely thankful that you expressed your sincere satisfaction with the service from our staff. We will forward your comments to Rosanna (our concierge).

Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you again at our lovely hotel.

Warm regards,

#7 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya
#1 of 1 in Playa del Secreto

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!