I came here as part of a large group of around 400 for my husband's annual company trip. I don't like to complain too much given that this was a free trip, but there are a couple issues that need to be addressed. First, we were given a room with two double beds. We were in a big group so we had to wait a day to get our room changed to a king room, so no problem there. We were moved from building 55 (second floor) to a ground floor room in 51. The bed felt as if it had a pillow top mattress, which is rare at this resort and in Mexico in general. However, our room was infested with Mosquitos because it was so damp. They were just everywhere and I could see they really loved our damp patio. We had the room fumigated twice and this still did not solve the mosquito issue. I could also see where previous guests squished them on the walls in a few places...gross. I didn't want to keep complaining so I stuck it out in that room for the next three days.
Another issue was with the drinks. They were just not that good, even with premium alcohol. I believe the mixes were just off, especially that neon pink daquari mix they use. The drinks I enjoyed most were the Zombies and Mai Tai's (non frozen varieties). The best alcohol can be found in the lobby bars and in the night club and though we tipped on occasion, we were never denied premium alcohol when we asked.
As everyone mentions, the grounds are clean and beautiful and the beach is spacious. The pools were nice, but cold thanks to the weather.
The employees were the best. We saw the same people doing everything from early morning beach activities, to the nightly shows to the after hours entertainment. These people work really hard and always have a smile on their faces.
The food was pretty decent. We ate at the steakhouse (above average for AI), the gourmet (just okay) and the Japanese ( also just okay and can take a long time to get your food). The buffet in the morning was great. They have a variety of juices and foods. The lunch buffets were good as well. We never made it to a dinner buffet.
I might consider giving this place a second chance, but after walking the property of the Grand, I would really prefer to stay there. Their pool felt like bath water and the hot tubs were warm and bubbly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo