“Great vacation!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Ajax, Canada
“Great vacation!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel is very well maintained. Rooms are very clean. The breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets were awesome - the food was great! The staff was amazing - they are friendly. The pool and beach service was great. The shows in the evening were really great. We all had a great time during our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank prapalini C
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo for your vacation and for taking the time to post such a kind review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor, as we are sure travelers and possible future guests will find it helpful.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable vacation and that you were pleased with the facilities, pools, and services provided by the hotel and staff.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you and your family back for another great vacation.

Warm regards,
Iberostar Mexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,022)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at the Iberostar complex many times and this is the second trip to the iberostar Lindo. Very nice that they have added complimentary Wi-Fi, we were in building 50 and could sometimes pick it up, friends stayed in building 52 and had it the entire time. Food was really good, lots of choices and the resort itself is very pretty, very large so prepare to walk. It was nice that the resort offered umbrellas in the room, we had to use ours once. Our room was on the third floor, not my favorite location, and in typical fashion I found a short cut from the beach to our room on the last day.

Don't forget your bug spray, refillable mug and lots of single bills for tips. Special shout out to Freddy, who I believe is the bell captain. The airline lost my bags on a direct non stop flight, and he was kind enough to help me out when they arrived. Antonio, who also works at the shopping mall is a very nice gentleman, always smiling and remembered our names.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Shellywms
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on our services. We are pleased to read that you had a special holiday.

It was a pleasure to have been given the chance to serve you and encouraging to read that our service, facilities, our beautiful beach and various staff members served to make your trip even more memorable. Your comments will be sent to the staff mentioned!

Our main goal is to offer the best vacation experiences to our guests, thank you very much for the positive points you mentioned.

We hope to be able to offer you our hospitality again at Iberostar.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I want to take the opportunity and say myself and rest of 9 family members had an amazing time in our recent stay in IBEROSTAR LINDO MAYA. Our stay was filled with great beach activities, pool fun, great food and phenomenal customer service from each member of the IBEROSTAR staff members. What even made it more rewarding and memorable is the entertainment team from IBEROSTAR made each day unique and fun with their activities all around the resort. They make great effort involving their guest in their activities for all age groups. Their entertainment night with various themes each night catered to kids and adults are truly something we look forward to each night as found it stunning and spectacular with great dance music and fun.

Thank you IBERSTAR and the Entertainment team (Napoleon, Wendy, Edwin, William, Francisco, Rodrigo, Rocco, Diego, Lucia, Alexandra and others that I have missed)
As result of our recent remarkable vocational experience by the whole family, we will definitely consider in planning another trip with IBEROSTAR in the coming near future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Suthaharan G
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. We are pleased to read that you had such a special holiday!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our entertainment, our rooms, our delicious food and all our facilities in general. We will forward your comment to our Star Friends staff.

Your review motivates us to continue improving in our service. Thank you for your recognition.
We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

East Lyme, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I travelled to Iberostar Lindo for the first time this past week ,and let me tell you , I am just wowed and I just can't believe what I saw.
Let me start by the lobby , and by the hospitality of the people that greated us . I just knew , this would be a week to remember .
I couldn't believe the professionalism and how hard this people worked to make all the guests feel like they truly were in Paradise .
I could go on and on , but all I have to say is , Thank you , from the bottom of my heart .

Oh ,and I want to add one more thing , please keep all the staff and employes of 2013 stars entertainment , they are truly amazing ,funny ,kind people . Love them all , and can't wait to see you all again .

Hasta la vista ,
Blerina L.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Blerina L
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our resort for your vacation. We appreciate your taking the time to post such a pleasant review of our resort!

We really appreciate your recognition for our service. Your comments regarding the kindness and effectiveness of our staff will also go far way in encouraging our team. To know that you love our resort is very important to us.

Thank you very much for trusting us, and to the above, we are confident that you will soon be with us again. We look forward to it!

Best regards,
Waterdown, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at this resort for first with friends. Have to say would be back again!! Rooms very easy to locate and central to everything. We stayed in block 51, close to beach. Buffets good. Two of them. Had 4 ala cartes. Steak, gourmet, japanese, meditaranian. Best was japanese, worst steak.

Great entertainment for adults and kids.
Met staff member Diego who was energetic, lively and informative of events happening.

Beach is beautiful, best on strip.

Overall go to this resort!!!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank sctsgurl
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated. They will be forwarded to the managers of the staff that you mentioned on your review so that they know of your impression and experience of your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future and hopefully you will consider us as your Mexican “home away from home“.

Best regards,
Iberostar México
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I came here as part of a large group of around 400 for my husband's annual company trip. I don't like to complain too much given that this was a free trip, but there are a couple issues that need to be addressed. First, we were given a room with two double beds. We were in a big group so we had to wait a day to get our room changed to a king room, so no problem there. We were moved from building 55 (second floor) to a ground floor room in 51. The bed felt as if it had a pillow top mattress, which is rare at this resort and in Mexico in general. However, our room was infested with Mosquitos because it was so damp. They were just everywhere and I could see they really loved our damp patio. We had the room fumigated twice and this still did not solve the mosquito issue. I could also see where previous guests squished them on the walls in a few places...gross. I didn't want to keep complaining so I stuck it out in that room for the next three days.

Another issue was with the drinks. They were just not that good, even with premium alcohol. I believe the mixes were just off, especially that neon pink daquari mix they use. The drinks I enjoyed most were the Zombies and Mai Tai's (non frozen varieties). The best alcohol can be found in the lobby bars and in the night club and though we tipped on occasion, we were never denied premium alcohol when we asked.

As everyone mentions, the grounds are clean and beautiful and the beach is spacious. The pools were nice, but cold thanks to the weather.

The employees were the best. We saw the same people doing everything from early morning beach activities, to the nightly shows to the after hours entertainment. These people work really hard and always have a smile on their faces.

The food was pretty decent. We ate at the steakhouse (above average for AI), the gourmet (just okay) and the Japanese ( also just okay and can take a long time to get your food). The buffet in the morning was great. They have a variety of juices and foods. The lunch buffets were good as well. We never made it to a dinner buffet.

I might consider giving this place a second chance, but after walking the property of the Grand, I would really prefer to stay there. Their pool felt like bath water and the hot tubs were warm and bubbly.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LILABBY1
Dear customer,

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback like yours, and on behalf of the entire team here at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, we would like to express our most sincere gratitude for taking such care in detailing your vacation experience for all the readers on this medium.

In regard to your comment about our beverages, we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. Please note that quality controls are continuously done and with the amount of guests we have every day, there is a lot of rotation of bottles of liquour used. However please let us inform our Food & Beverages Manager to look into this.

As for your comment about the mosquitoes, we feel your discomfort. Your comments will be reviewed with our maintenance team to solve the problem.

We hope that you give us the opportunity of serving you at our resort again either at our Paraiso Lindo or any of our sister resorts. Thank you for giving us your point of view.

Kind regards,
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Iberostar Lindo was wonderful! We only had one issue. It was with the Lomas Travel agency, which is not necessarily the Lindo's fault, but thought it might be helpful info for others. We made reservations with the Lomas rep to go to Xel-ha on Thursday. He wrote up a receipt with the pick-up date/time and proof of our payment. We had to be up and out early to catch the shuttle at 7:30am....we waited....7:45 rolls around, then 8am, then 8:15...no shuttle. Only to find out that he never actually made the reservation! Not only did we have to wake up early, but spent a good hour and a half trying to straighten things out with the other reps. We made a new reservation and ended up going another day. So make sure the reservation is actually made!

Everything else was fabulous! We traveled the week of Oct. 27th, 2013. The staff at the hotel were so friendly and accommodating, from the lobby registration, to the wait staff, the housekeeping, the concierge, the show performers, EVERYONE! The hotel grounds were beautiful! The pools were great! Our room overlooked the pool and that large waterfall pyramid. The food was great-always a large selection at the buffets. We were able to make reservations each evening for dinner at a variety of the restaurants. Our favorites were the Steakhouse and the Japanese Hibachi restaurant. The beach was amazing with that turquoise blue color. We ended up having the photo shop at the hotel take our pictures on the beach--that was a lot of fun, especially because we haven't really had any professional photos taken of us since our wedding, more than 7 years ago. Thank you, Iberostar. I hope we are able to return again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

2 Thank Elise A
Dear client,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. Your fabulous experience may encourage other travelers to choose us as their vacation destination in Mexico.

It is good to know that you had a wonderful anniversary. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities, delicious food, pools, and our friendly staff.

Our main goal is to offer the best holiday experiences to our guests, and reading this kind of reviews make us feel extremely happy. Thank you very much for all the positive points you mentioned.

Thank you for your preference; we are quite confident that you will be staying again at Iberostar and we therefore anxiously await your next visit.

Warm regards,
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
Iberostar Tucan Hotel
#39 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,282 reviews

Been to Iberostar Paraiso Lindo? Share your experiences!