I truly feel bad for resorts when they get a really negative review but I just feel obligated to share our experience....it may or may not aid in someone else's decision to stay here. Oh, where to begin....the entire experience really left us feeling exhausted & disappointed. We knew our first trip with the kids would be a challenge and we had only stayed at 'adults only' prior- so completely different but the flaws we found at Iberostar have made us avoid all Iberostar resorts - forever! The food was not good at all- the buffets (yes, even breakfast) had mostly fried foods like stuffed jalapeños or mozzarella sticks and it didn't vary much from day to day....the al a carte was what we thought would be of higher standard and....no! We even tasted foods ALOT because we had no idea what they were....so that's the food. The beds were not comfortable - at all- so other guests said you need to request a pillow topper- we did and this helped slightly but we thought why, why do we need to ask for a pillow topper, maybe you need new mattresses at the resort, right? The pillows & top comforter smelled- yes, they stunk to high heaven! :( I sprayed perfume on them daily! We requested new ones- they stunk too! The pools were packed, the beach was too with lots of screaming babies- we know how that goes, we have 2 kids but you just could not relax anywhere....we finally realized alcohol was the only cure for this nightmare! We hadn't slept, really ate or relaxed by day 7 but we were more than ready to return home! The Internet was another issue: now I realize some resorts charge for this and some don't but if a resort charges- it has to work! In the lobby we paid for Internet several times but the Internet wasn't working - so we ask for a refund and we had to fight to get it. The gentlemen said it's hit or miss and we don't do refunds-their Internet is pricey by the way! After arguing for a bit, they gave us a partial refund! I return later to use the new code they gave me, it doesn't work either! Argued for another refund - listened to a lady say our internet is down- gee, no kidding lady, then give me my money back....gave up on Internet for the rest of the trip. We run our own business- the pricey 25 minutes of Internet was vital- total fail Iberostar.
There were some great entertainment staff but I just cannot say much else...
Overall, we are planning a new trip this Dec and we are taking our kids but we will never ever pay $5K for an Iberostar again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beautiful beach of "Playa Paraiso" (Mexico). With the only wave pool on the Riviera Maya. 16 restaurants, 11 of them a-la-carte. 18-hole golf course and convention center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Paraiso Lindo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Hotel Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Playa Paraiso
- Iberostar Hotel Paraiso Lindo